Brilliant_Rock
Neck shots!

_21389.jpg

_21390.jpg

_21391.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1408133331|3733168 said:
I finally got decent shots of my new Tahitian rope (please excuse the golf shirt in the next pictures, you can't be too picky when the pearls decide to cooperate!). They're near round, green with intense peacock but not always!
Beautiful rope, pkinnew!!!! These tahitians are really hard to photograph!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I ended up ordering a couple of strands, too. I thought I might like to put them together to make a rope- but I'm not sure. I like one of the strands quite a bit more than the other- so maybe I'll just keep the one. Here are pictures of my favorite. Baroque AAA/ AA+, luminescent green(kind of a light loden green) with peacock overtones of pink and lavender.
First up is the PP photo- actually pretty accurate to what I see.

_21392.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
and my photos

php6avaxlpm.jpg

phpkeesyhpm.jpg

phpjdtywwpm.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinkjewel, that color looks great on you :love:. The greens are very pronounced.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The strand looks absolutely fantastic with your coloring!!!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel, that necklace was made for you and you only. It is perfect for your complexion :love: :love: :love:

I picked a 35" DEEP green rope at the ruckus. I have not seen a whole strand of this green shade before. I am very pleased to have picked this one and don't mind the little knobs on a couple of the pearls. I want to replace one pearl that looks darker than the rest. You can see it in the picture with the multicolor rope.

tah_ropes.jpg

tah_deep_green_rope_2.jpg

tah_deep_green_rope_.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1408111840|3732942 said:
Kay|1407991345|3732059 said:
Fly Girl|1407981417|3731952 said:
cmd2014|1407980634|3731940 said:
Flygirl that's the one!!! If you ever find it missing, you'd have to frisk me first!!! I have been coveting it ever since you posted it!

LOL! :bigsmile:

And, here is the photo I took of Kay's beauty from the ruckus. Pictures truly do not do this strand justice. It is breathtakingly beautiful in person.

Just to be complete, and I'm all for adding eye candy to a thread. :naughty:

You are very sweet. I just wish I had had the strand on straight, lol. I totally drool over your Kamoka strand and those gorgeous clasps.

Kay, I was interested in the pearl sizes in your strands, and color range. Are they all Tahitians yes?

There are 9 White South Sea pearls, 6 very dark, almost black Tahitians, and 14 gray Tahitians in different shades of silver and steel. The center WSS is 14.2 mm, IIRC the next pair on each side is 13.8, then 13.4, 13.2, 12.8 and on down. I believe the smallest pearls in the back next to the clasp are around 9.8 mm, but I am not certain about that measurement (somewhere around 10 mm plus or minus a little). A few of the WSS drops had already been matched as pairs for earrings. The center WSS was selected for its size and because it was more oval than drop shaped, so it works well in the center of the strand, with the drop shaped pearls going up on each side. The Tahitians were selected from bags of loose pearls that had not been made into strands yet. I tried to match the pearls across from each other on each side as well as I could for color, size and shape.

dmz

Rough_Rock
UPDATE!

I received an email this morning with a strand they put together. I have to say, it's looking very good. Reminds me of Christmas ornaments. It's a bit longer than 18", so I have to figure out which pearls to remove (not sure exactly how many). I'm inclined to go with recommendations from Pearl Paradise, since they've got the actual pearls in front of them (as photos can be hard to judge).

I also asked about the dark/light contrast pattern I noticed in the original strand. (photo below) I'm not sure how much this matters in real life though. Makeable (if you're still here), do you see the pattern I'm indicating in real life?

Pictures from Pearl Paradise. Hopefully they don't mind me posting this before it's done. I'm a bit of a novice, so if any of the resident experts feel I'm overlooking something, I'm all ears.

dark-light-contrast.jpg

preliminary.jpg

preliminary_left.jpg

preliminary_right.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
This thread is ramping up my Tahitian lust!

caro40

Shiny_Rock
These pearls seem slightly more drop shaped than the off round of the previous one, but WOW the colours are lustre are divine.
And I don't even mean 'but' really - I prefer drops anyway, but I think that's maybe something you'd want to keep in mind - are you set on roundish pearls. I think the strand is glorious.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
pinkjewel|1408134552|3733180 said:
and my photos

These colours are perfect. These are also colours I would love to have, it's good to see the photos against the glamour shot. In your case it looks like they are more rather than less colourful in real life!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
DMZ -- I knew I would end up envying you (or maybe your wife, more specifically). These Tahitians are gorgeous, but they are a bit more drop shape. I personally love drops. A lot. Are you okay with some drops mixed in with the near round? If so, this is a winner. Fantastic shapes and blend of colors.

Keep us posted. I am so glad they are making a custom strand for you!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dmz, I'd want a few more intense blues in the front...it was what called me about the original strand. The one they've made for you seems a bit more brown and golden. Otherwise I think it looks really nice. The luster and colours are fantastic!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinkjewel,

Do you remember the descriptors used for your strand? I'd love to pick up some like that at some point (they are gorgeous and so colourful)!

caro40

Shiny_Rock
I agree with cmd actually - I adore the colours toward the ends and got caught up in them - these colours also nearer the front would be perfect in my view.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
makeable|1407876291|3731056 said:
Thank you pkinnew, cmd2014, dmz, 4RanchGirl and HHPmom. dmz I'm sure your strand will equal if not surpass mine and I can't wait to see what beauty you end up with.

A quick neck shot with my iPhone of my new pearl strand. I'm so pleased with the quality :appl:

Pearl%20Strand%20Day.jpg
Just pulling this picture up so the real life colors can be seen.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I do like the arrangement of your strand DMZ. I think instead concentrating on the dark pearls look at how many and placement of the lighter pearls in your strand DMZ that is what will ultimately show the contrast.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I agree with 4RanchGirl. I would NOT add dark pearls -- the pearls will likely be darker in real life, anyway. I think PP has done a wonderful job with this strand. If you want one or two blues to replace some pearls near the front as others have suggested, you could ask for that. But remember that every change shakes up the balance they've created. And this was created specifically for YOU.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
One other small thing about asking for a few blue tahitians sprinkled in here or there...they are very rare more rare than chocolate pearls.

dmz

Rough_Rock
caro40 said:
These pearls seem slightly more drop shaped than the off round of the previous one, but WOW the colours are lustre are divine.
bsomlo said:
DMZ -- I knew I would end up envying you (or maybe your wife, more specifically). These Tahitians are gorgeous, but they are a bit more drop shape. I personally love drops. A lot. Are you okay with some drops mixed in with the near round? If so, this is a winner. Fantastic shapes and blend of colors.

Keep us posted. I am so glad they are making a custom strand for you!!!
It was discussed with Pearl Paradise beforehand. I don't mind as long as everything else looks good. Some of the less-round shaped ones have the nicest colours, so it's hard to complain.

cmd2014 said:
Dmz, I'd want a few more intense blues in the front...it was what called me about the original strand. The one they've made for you seems a bit more brown and golden. Otherwise I think it looks really nice. The luster and colours are fantastic!
I think part of this is the photography. In the original strand, the product shot showed some vibrant blues. But even the glamour shot that makeable got (which I added red arrows to above) shows blues that aren't as intense. Also, in the photos I posted, it seems the forum does something that makes them a bit duller. (I'm not sure if that only happens with photos that the forum shrinks down, or if it's all photos... but it's definitely doing something.) I'm hoping to get a natural light photo from them to help get a better idea.

4Ranch Girl said:
I do like the arrangement of your strand DMZ. I think instead concentrating on the dark pearls look at how many and placement of the lighter pearls in your strand DMZ that is what will ultimately show the contrast.
That's a good point. I don't want to get over-the-top picky because they're already going above and beyond here. I like what they've presented, I'm just thinking out loud.

bsomlo said:
I agree with 4RanchGirl. I would NOT add dark pearls -- the pearls will likely be darker in real life, anyway. I think PP has done a wonderful job with this strand. If you want one or two blues to replace some pearls near the front as others have suggested, you could ask for that. But remember that every change shakes up the balance they've created. And this was created specifically for YOU.
That's what I'm worried about. Change one thing, and then it looks off. So you change something else. And the process repeats.

-

So how does it work removing pearls to make it shorter? Do you just take the ones off the end? Or can you pick anything? I'm guessing it will be 2-4 in total to bring it down to 18". Any obvious candidates?

I'll definitely keep people updated... it's the least I can do. Neck shots might have to wait a bit though -- anniversary isn't until October.

dmz

Rough_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1408157514|3733408 said:
One other small thing about asking for a few blue tahitians sprinkled in here or there...they are very rare more rare than chocolate pearls.

Is that why everyone seems to like them so much? Good to know... I don't want to be asking for the impossible.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dmz|1408157975|3733414 said:

Is that why everyone seems to like them so much? Good to know... I don't want to be asking for the impossible.

I suspect it's because many people just look better in cool tones. Plus blue is statistically the most common favourite colour.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Overall, it is a beautiful strand. I do like the colors near the ends more than the ones in the center. What drew me in with the original strand was the 2 blues right at the front. The new strand has several beautiful blue pearls, but they are towards the ends where they won't be as visible (or visible at all if your wife has long hair). It is worth asking for 1 or 2 blues near the center (I'd rather give up the side ones.)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You are officially killing me with those three links. How can you choose which to remove? Each is so special.

If I HAD to, I guess I'd remove the last two because they're smallest and possibly hidden by hair. And then the next two. But I'd hate to lose any of them and their special qualities show so nicely in each of the links. Some shine more in one picture but then others stand out in other shots.

Great problem you're having!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous strand, dmz. Great, great pearls, love the variety of colors and the shapes. You've got blues, great peacocks, gorgeous silvers that I bet have beautiful overtones, aubergines, wow.

As for what to take out, just go with what they recommend. There is nothing like seeing the pearls in person.

Looking again. Look at the rainbow on a couple of those drops. On either side of that periwinkle one. Don't let them take the periwinkle (left side, 7th from the end)! Wow!! :appl: :appl:

And the pinks on that big peacock near the center (19th from the right end). Gah! :clap: Nice strand. :mrgreen:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
DMZ there are some really, really special pearls chosen for your wife's necklace. After looking at all of the pearls...first I would thank my lucky stars that there was a mix up because you sir scored! Second I would say that you love all of them and to make it up as is..no matter the length. Offer to pay for the extra length what ever it is. Some of those pearls are bi-colored so very interesting. That is what will facinate your wife as she looks at all of the different colors and each pearl by themselves over time. Look at the reflected light on each pearl and the shape of the relflection...there is not fizzy edges so those are very high luster pearls. Low luster pearls the light sorce is fuzzy. They have gone above and beyond in the quality of these beauties for you.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pkinnew, those pearls really come alive on your skin – gorgeous!

Pinkjewel, that strand looks wonderful on you. It really works with your coloring.

HHPmom, that deep green color is amazing. What a wonderful addition to your collection. I’m curious about the 2 shorteners on your beautiful multicolor strand – do you use them to style the rope a special way?

Doubledouble, I prefer Strand A. The colors and luster are gorgeous. Ask if they can replace the “wart” pearl for you. Of course, upgrading to TAN200-834-WP or TAN200-824-WP would also work – I love the colors on 834.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Several years ago at a pp ruckus I was standing in the vault with Jeremy of PP and Josh of Kamoka. Jeremy asked if I had my strand of blue body Tahitians with me so he could show it to Josh. Josh was amazed that there was a strand of blue body T's. Then Jeremy said he had something even more rare which was a strand of natural choclates. Josh said during a harvest he would get a few chocolate pearls and if he was lucky he might get one blue body pearl. Five years ago I met with Jose of Tahitipearl.biz I was wearing my blues and he asked if I would take it off so he could see it because he had never seen a strand of blue bodies before. Because of both of these instances of men who see many, many pearls say blues are rare I can and do believe them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results