shape
carat
color
clarity

What to use to mark kid's stuff for pre-K?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS is starting pre-k in couple of weeks ;( and they told us to mark all of his stuff. What do you use? I've seen markers, pre-printed tags to sew on, etc. What holds up better for clothes, bottles, etc? TIA.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indelible marker on everything...inside if it's on clothing on the clothing label. Sharpies for everything!
Good luck to your ds and to you guys...How exciting though I know it all seems so fast.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to good ol' sharpies in black for everything!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
My mother is in a nursing home, where all possessions have to be marked. 7 years later and all things marked with a Sharpie are still readable.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Sharpies for everything. Easy to write with and lasts forever. The only thing I have to rewrite on are their water bottles after a few months of the dishwasher. Black sharpie for most things, but pick up a silver one for dark items.

figaro

Rough_Rock
I have used Name Bubbles labels for my son's preschool stuff---clothing, bags, packs, water bottles, etc. Really cute and hold up great through washes. They come in packs of various kinds for school, preschool, daycare, camp, sports, etc. Available through their website.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used a little label maker for everything at first b/c it looked so nice and neat. But jeez that is a LOT of stuff to label when you have to buy the label roll things, and you need 8 boxes of 24 crayons and EACH stupid crayon has to be labeled! (plus markers, and pencils and clorox wipe containers and glue and...the kitchen sink) We started just using one of the sharpie pens that writes thin like a regular pen.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. I'll test out the sharpie on few things. Those labels look really nice too. Cute prints and easy to read compared to what I'll be able to do with a marker. I really like ID zipper pulls for jackets. And there are shoe tags too, who knew? :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
BM for bottles or cups etc there is a thick elastic band that you can personalize with your childs name. It just goes right on. We got them when my DS when into daycare at 8 weeks old. Now at 4 he is starting Pre K and we use the bands on his water bottle and soup canister. Same 2 with no issues! I highly recommend.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Sharpies. On everything.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've been using sharpies since Kindergarten and still use them now in 8th and 6th grades!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I love Mabel's labels and use them with a mix of a good 'ol sharpie on the stuff inappropriate for labels.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am also a fan of Name Bubbles.

elle

Shiny_Rock
Stuckonyou.com
Their labels last through washer/dishwasher/daily use. We've been using them for 8 years from pre-K til now for uniforms to water bottles. Iron on clothing labels and stick on labels for everything else.
I found black sharpies get scratched off on plastic surfaces with daily use and the laundry sharpies bleed on fabric.
Hth.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, more votes for labels. They do look cute. I got some fabric markers to test out on clothing. Will see if my handwriting is legible to others.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results