shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Elysian -- your Tahitians just get better and better! Stunning.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1407869266|3730988 said:
It's ombre today! A basic white shirt with not-so-basic pearls!

That Ombre set is positively magical!!!!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, thanks. I didn't remember how nice keshis really are...that 's the reason why I had forgotten them :wavey:

Elysian, stunning triplet! Your look is really delicious with those pearls :love: . I feel pearl envy, I admit =)

pkinnew, thanks! There really excist pearls which seem to be alive. My Hornets make me feel that way too. I never tired of seeing Your ombres. They are so sophisticated pearls with some kick :dance:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Elysian, I love your Tahitians however you style them. The colors and shapes look so wonderful on you.

Pkinnew, your ombre set is so cool, and looks great styled with your white blouse.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pearls, everyone.

pkinnew, that is a great ombre set. You inspired me to pull out my ombre bracelet from PP. I don't have the rest of the ombre set, so I make do with my Kamoka round peacock necklace, and my new Kamoka studs earrings and ring that I picked out at the ruckus. The new studs are just what I was looking for...slightly smaller rounds for daily wear, and a perfect match to the necklace.

I actually love my ombre bracelet with this set. I really like the way the smaller akoya pearls on the sides fit so nicely on the wrist. And, the peacock Tahitians are really stunning.

today_8710.jpg

today_8701.jpg

today_8702.jpg

today_8708.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- you're killing me here with that set. Fantastic in every way!!! The akoyas just pull the whole thing together. Who would have thought a few akoyas would bring the ensemble to the next level?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I do love the Ombre pieces and one is definitely on my 'wish list' ! And that pearl ring...such beautiful luster !

Really all the pearls are just gorgeous! :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, I love the ombre bracelet with your Kamoka ensemble. It adds a little something extra to go with your already fabulous pieces.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - Perfect! Your Kamokas make me drool and I really love your combination! Keep 'em coming!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Best selfie I could get today of the SoC pendant. I am really pleased now with the minor tweak to widen the bale opening. iPhone camera did not capture the diamond bezels well.

soc081414.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1407989741|3732035 said:
Fly Girl -- you're killing me here with that set. Fantastic in every way!!! The akoyas just pull the whole thing together. Who would have thought a few akoyas would bring the ensemble to the next level?
Thank you, bsomlo, katbran, Kay, and pkinnew. Yes, the akoyas provide a great frame for the most excellent green peacock Tahitians on that ombre bracelet. Sometimes, less is more. I expect you see a similar effect, pkinnew.

HHPmom - I love three pearl pendants, and yours is a beauty. Of course it is difficult to see with a photo, but those diamonds add just a bit of sparkle and lift the SoC up to another level.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom, I love the way the SoC pendant looks on you. I can't wait to get mine set.

You've seen this strand before, but most of my collection is at PP being strung or re-strung, so I am currently "making do" with my WSS and Tahitian strand. This has become my favorite "power strand" for meetings. Two different very wealthy clients (one of whom collects investment quality gems) complimented the strand last week, so that made me feel great.

img_5352.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kay - Keep wearing that strand - I love seeing it! And you say someone actually complimented you on your pearl jewelry? No way! It never happens here in the pearl-blind zone. I must move closer to you!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1408046416|3732517 said:
Kay - Keep wearing that strand - I love seeing it! And you say someone actually complimented you on your pearl jewelry? No way! It never happens here in the pearl-blind zone. I must move closer to you!

Yes, by all means, move to So Cal - I can use the company. ;)) I think people here pay more attention to "superficial" things like jewelry and other accessories. There are several women in my office (including me) who will regularly comment on nice jewelry, handbags, shoes, etc. It is rare to get a compliment on a piece from a client, though.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl, your Tahitian pieces are beautiful. I love the luster on the ring.

Kay, that power strand is something else. It's nice to get compliments on pearls, isn't it?

I am wearing my Tahitian rope today (the one I wore at the Ruckus party), with a 13-14mm pendant from Tahiti Pearl Market (Margo Pearl). I bought it loose, had Jeremy drilled it and glued it to the bale in 2009. The bale is from bellafindings brick and mortar Los Angeles location.

tah081514a.jpg

tah081514b.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That Tahitian rope I glorious. Your collection is simply superb!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom - Now that is a rope!!! I absolutely love the colors and luster of those pearls and the pendant is divine! I'm sorry I missed seeing the rope at the Ruckus.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HHPmom, that is a stunning combo!

I'm doing the maiden voyage of my PP Tahitian strand and earrings from Birks that by coincidence match. I have to say, ear and neck selfies are not easy! I'm in full sun by a window.

_21381.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1408106844|3732905 said:

Kay, that power strand is something else. It's nice to get compliments on pearls, isn't it?

I am wearing my Tahitian rope today (the one I wore at the Ruckus party), with a 13-14mm pendant from Tahiti Pearl Market (Margo Pearl). I bought it loose, had Jeremy drilled it and glued it to the bale in 2009. The bale is from bellafindings brick and mortar Los Angeles location.
Stunning, just absolutely stunning!!! :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1408106844|3732905 said:

Thank you. Yes, it is.

Both your rope and that pendant are spectacular. :love: I am putting Bella on my list of places to look for findings.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1408121164|3733049 said:
HHPmom, that is a stunning combo!

I'm doing the maiden voyage of my PP Tahitian strand and earrings from Birks that by coincidence match. I have to say, ear and neck selfies are not easy! I'm in full sun by a window.

I think the strand and earrings look beautiful together and on you with your coloring. I have difficulty taking selfies too.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1408138021|3733214 said:
I am putting Bella on my list of places to look for findings.

They have 2 locations in LAX. One looks like a warehouse. The other is more like a store front with glass cases that contain boxes and boxes of findings that aren't listed on their website. It was busy there. There is no price tag on the findings. They price everything by that day's gold price. The ladies use calculator to figure out the price based on the weight listed for each item. Website lists location as W. 7th Street. I also have 607 S. Hill Street. If memory serves S. Hill Street is where the jewelry district is. You should call and verify with them first. That is where I also bought the earring findings in this picture.

wss_pearls_c_10-6-13.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1408121164|3733049 said:

Hi cmd2014, your set matches perfectly and the color pops on your skin. Thumbs up.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kay & HHPmom! I'm a tad vampiric, so I tend to do better with darker colours to give me some contrast (thank goodness I have dark hair!) I'm really happy that the strand ended up matching my earrings....it was a total fluke given that I imagined the strand as being quite different than what it is...it's growing on me though!

I was in a high end B&M jewelry store today getting my earring fixed and they had a baroque Tahitian and white SS strand like yours Kay, only half the size and really nowhere near the quality (much lower luster, visible blemishes) for $2900.00. A strand of lesser size and quality to mine was $2000.00. So I'm feeling pretty good about the value of my strand! (I just had to look at the multi strand though).

I was sorely tempted by a stunning large top quality peacock Tahitian on a white gold enhancer with a pave diamond finding though. If it wasn't $1600.00 it would have been mine! We tried it on a strand of hamadama Akoyas and it was stunning! (Dare I admit that I am considering it even though it is outrageously priced?)

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to find enhancers online?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1408138749|3733222 said:
Kay|1408138021|3733214 said:
I am putting Bella on my list of places to look for findings.

They have 2 locations in LAX. One looks like a warehouse. The other is more like a store front with glass cases that contain boxes and boxes of findings that aren't listed on their website. It was busy there. There is no price tag on the findings. They price everything by that day's gold price. The ladies use calculator to figure out the price based on the weight listed for each item. Website lists location as W. 7th Street. I also have 607 S. Hill Street. If memory serves S. Hill Street is where the jewelry district is. You should call and verify with them first. That is where I also bought the earring findings in this picture.

I really like those earring findings. I wish I had time to go in person to see all the things that aren't on the website, especially since I need to find clasps for 2 strands that are at PP waiting to be strung. Unfortunately, depending on traffic, the trip is 2.5-4 hours each way, so I do not make it up to LA often. According to Mapquest, both of those locations are in the jewelry district, about a block apart.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1408139950|3733231 said:
Thanks Kay & HHPmom! I'm a tad vampiric, so I tend to do better with darker colours to give me some contrast (thank goodness I have dark hair!) I'm really happy that the strand ended up matching my earrings....it was a total fluke given that I imagined the strand as being quite different than what it is...it's growing on me though!

I was in a high end B&M jewelry store today getting my earring fixed and they had a baroque Tahitian and white SS strand like yours Kay, only half the size and really nowhere near the quality (much lower luster, visible blemishes) for $2900.00. A strand of lesser size and quality to mine was $2000.00. So I'm feeling pretty good about the value of my strand! (I just had to look at the multi strand though).

I was sorely tempted by a stunning large top quality peacock Tahitian on a white gold enhancer with a pave diamond finding though. If it wasn't $1600.00 it would have been mine! We tried it on a strand of hamadama Akoyas and it was stunning! (Dare I admit that I am considering it even though it is outrageously priced?)

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to find enhancers online?

I'm a bit vampiric in coloring myself, lol. That B&M pricing makes me feel pretty good about what I paid.

I fell in love with a picture of an enhancer with a large aubergine and bronze Tahitian drop. I emailed Jeremy at PP the picture, so he has a pearl like that on his shopping list for his September buying trip. Just tell PP what size, shape and color pearl you want for the enhancer. There are a lot of places that sell findings for the enhancer part. I know PP buys from KGH, but there are other options too.

Code:
http://www.kgh.co.il/2951

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1408142371|3733249 said:
I'm a bit vampiric in coloring myself, lol. That B&M pricing makes me feel pretty good about what I paid.

I fell in love with a picture of an enhancer with a large aubergine and bronze Tahitian drop. I emailed Jeremy at PP the picture, so he has a pearl like that on his shopping list for his September buying trip. Just tell PP what size, shape and color pearl you want for the enhancer. There are a lot of places that sell findings for the enhancer part. I know PP buys from KGH, but there are other options too.

Code:
http://www.kgh.co.il/2951

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I might also suggest to DH that I would be willing to split the price with him if he thought it might make a good anniversary gift (14 years is coming up in a few weeks), as the pearl was really stunning. Plus, I love enhancers because you can either wear them as a pendant on a chain (which I do with my yellow emerald one for work all the time) or you can go ultra fancy for dress up on a full strand. I keep telling him that we need to become fancier people so that I can have somewhere to wear my special pieces!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - Great job on your maiden voyage! Gorgeous on you!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom - I think those are sexy findings for gorgeous pearls!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Going to a Japanese Museum and Garden for my birthday, so I am wearing my 54" rope from PP, since it's light and pretty

photo-23.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results