shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposed last night! My 3-stone engagement ring story

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm impressed! You put so much thought into the ring/proposal and they both turned out beautiful! Congratulations!!!

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Hey all,

Thank you so much for the kind, thoughtful, and heartfelt responses. It means a lot that you let me share this special event with you. :appl:

I'm glad to hear you guys like the setting and proportions! I do think it turned out very well. Tom Tivol made the ring as well; no stock settings or castings. The whole experience with him was a delight. He is knowledgeable, passionate about his work, and wonderfully articulate.

Niel, about the waterproof makeup, I asked her what she was thinking later. She said at first she wondered about a water park. Then after the proposal she said as the evening got more special, she thought, "He thinks I might cry. Maybe he's getting me a tennis bracelet?" She said the engagement ring hadn't occurred to her! :)

Acinom, thank you for your thoughts on the ring being a symbol of what lies ahead. Funny bit about that: when we were meeting with Tom Tivol, I knew a three-stone was for her; when Mr. Tivol explained how some think of a three-stone ring as representing "past, present, and future," her eyes welled with tears. So I knew that was it!

KristinTech, I like your comment about the four-prong settings giving it a slightly square look. I think it's tastefully done and really gives the ring some presence.

pandabee, it was close a time or two in there. I actually had a mini playlist set up on my phone to play right before the proposal. On the drive there in the morning, she said she wanted to listen to the music. It's connected by Bluetooth to the car. One of the songs meant for later that night started playing. Ack! I managed to switch the input quickly, but it was a close one there!

diamondseeker2006, thanks for your reply! I made sure to keep in mind that this ring was for her. It needed to match her tastes and style. Even if she hadn't had a diamond ring before, I figure she'd know what she liked when she saw it, or not! So when she said, "It's so me," it made me very happy.

Coralfish, such wonderful words. Thank you! It really did turn out well and we're both very pleased. I keep catching her looking at it. It's eye-catchability (it's a word now, hah!) is just exquisite.

Lorelei, thank you so much for the kind remarks! I enjoy everyone's thoughts here and that you quite like it pleases me. Thanks! And yes, wedding bands are next. I'm thinking rose gold for mine. The wheels are turning. :D

luvdajules, thank you for reading the whole adventure! I was considering where and how to post this, whether just the ring details in SMTB or just the proposal stuff in that section. But it's all part of the context so you guys get the whole story!

To everyone else, thank you so much. You're all gracious and thoughtful and it makes me very happy to read your remarks in this lovely afterglow of the proposal.

More photos are below! Unfortunately it's been dreary and overcast these past two days so getting fire shots is tricky. I do have some in natural lighting though that nearly blinded us!

As soon as the sun (or some good interior spotlighting) allows, I will snap some more and share them with you all! :wavey:

_21260.jpg

_21261.jpg

_21262.jpg

_21263.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The ring is absolutely lovely on her finger! Congrats to the two of you. Thanks for sharing your happy story!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and story. Thanks for sharing, and congrats to you two!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story, and a happy ending! :dance:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I loved reading your story. The ring is gorgeous and I wish you many happy years together.
Congratulations to you both!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
your mother trained you right!
lovely story...congrats on the engagement......and I have to tell you that ring is absolutely gorgeous on her finger!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looks gorgeous and substantial on her hand! Heartfelt congrats! I love the pic of both your hands with your skin tones- very artsy!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a romantic love story! Beautiful ring! Congrats! :appl:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring, congratulations on your engagement :wavey:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful sparkly goodness!!! Congratulations! That is a lovely ring and it is perfect on her.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing proposal and ring. She is a lucky gal for sure!! Congrats!

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful story, The ring is gorgeous and looks lovely on your fiancee's finger. Congratulations! May you have a long and happy life together!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful story!! I'm so impressed with all your "handiwork" -- diamonds/planning/etc!! Congrats to you both! :appl:

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Such a sweet story and a lovely ring! It looks perfect on her finger! :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - you really did your homework! I love, love, love the elegant straightforwardness of the setting, and of course the diamonds are :love: . Congratulations on your engagement, and on pulling off the perfect surprise proposal. :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story and journey...thanks for sharing! Such a beautiful ring that represents her tastes! Congrats to you both!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, and lovely story. I loved reading about how much consideration you put into the ring and proposal, and how it was all about her tastes and making her feel special. Wonderful stuff! Congratulations!

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring and such a special engagement story. I wish you and your fiancé a lifetime of happiness.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a great story! I had the pleasure of visiting Mr. Tivol's store back in the 80's. It is so nice to hear of a B&M store doing it right and providing great service.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

Wink

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Thought I'd add a few more photos I took recently. We also got married so I thought it was appropriate to post that update! :wavey:

Re-reading all of your wonderful comments made me very happy. Such a great group of folks here. :appl:

_4627.jpeg

_4628.jpeg

_4629.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still just as beautiful!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely story and beautiful ring. You were so sweet to get her exactly what she wanted :)

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about this story. All the thoughtful details that went into the ring and proposal. She is one lucky lady aND that is a stunning ring!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! It is perfectly proportioned and looks amazing on her! I love the engagement story and the update as well. :wavey:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for the update - I would have missed this otherwise!

I just love the wedding band! Beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your story. The ring looks perfect!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your marriage!! ^^ Your proposal story is very sweet. Thanks so much for sharing!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Beautiful story, beautiful ring. You guys will be telling that story for years to come.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results