shape
carat
color
clarity

I've misplaced my wedding band.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes you just have to accept that you're now looking in the same places over and over again. When i get to that point i usually stop. either its long gone or it will turn up in the future in a spot you would never consciously check.

I once gave up on a beautiful gold chain with vintage heart shaped diamond and ruby pendant. i had searched high and low and stressed about it and eventually decided I must have left it at a hotel. 2 years later i found it in an old unused handbag safely zipped away in a pocket. most of time things turn up sooner :razz:

good luck

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
This may sound kind of strange, but can you enlist the help of a child? Kids are eagle-eyed and closer to the ground. My sons are amazing at finding that one bead (I'm a beader) that has dropped on the floor. They also think outside the box. They're kids and think and see the world differently.

Go find a kid.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Circe, for some reason I'm having the hardest time getting anything to post on PS, but I wanted you to know that I'm adding my prayers and dust to the others here and am hoping you'll find your ring!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aaaand tonight ... I found the BGD stud!!!

Ironically enough, while looking for the wedding ring - which is still missing - it turned up IN MY JEWELRY BOX. But, a) on its lower level, which it is *impossible* for it to have fallen into, and,b), which I completely emptied out the first day I saw it was missing!

Gremlins.

I reiterate: thankyoublinggodsbutiwouldstilllikemyringsbackpleasethankyou?

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Circe go check the steamer, you never know..................

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1397256850|3652068 said:
Aaaand tonight ... I found the BGD stud!!!

Ironically enough, while looking for the wedding ring - which is still missing - it turned up IN MY JEWELRY BOX. But, a) on its lower level, which it is *impossible* for it to have fallen into, and,b), which I completely emptied out the first day I saw it was missing!

Gremlins.

I reiterate: thankyoublinggodsbutiwouldstilllikemyringsbackpleasethankyou?

Yay!!!!!!!!! At least something came out of it. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I'm glad you turned up a bunch of other things in the process!

I have no helpful suggestions except to look in very odd places. Since having kids I am very absent minded and often put things in the cupboard that go in the freezer, and vice versa, and I am ALWAYS putting beloved things up high out of reach! Given your timeline, if it was me, when my friend called me over to read an e-mail I would have reached high to whetever piece of furniture was closest and placed the ring on top! But, given my absent mindedness, I could also have tucked it securely in the ice cube tray ;)) It will turn up if you stop really looking.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm reviving this thread because I need a place to whinge. The rings STILL haven't turned up ... and I'm moving tomorrow. My husband kept saying, "Oh, they'll show up while we're packing" - well, I've spent the last week stuffing book boxes and ransacking drawers, and no dice. I could cry. :wall: ;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1408120146|3733041 said:
I'm reviving this thread because I need a place to whinge. The rings STILL haven't turned up ... and I'm moving tomorrow. My husband kept saying, "Oh, they'll show up while we're packing" - well, I've spent the last week stuffing book boxes and ransacking drawers, and no dice. I could cry. :wall: ;(

Circe, I am sending finding your rings vibes to you right now and with all my thought energy. I hope you find them...don't give up hope. It's not too late. Good luck dust being sent your way!!!

And good luck on the move! Are you still in NYC or are you moving out of state? Hope you are still going to be living here for selfish reasons because I hope one day we can meet IRL.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Circe, I'm so sorry. How disappointing. Hopefully they in a packed box some where. I'll keep my fingers crosse that they turn up today!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

;( ;( ;( ;(

.Have you aske iLander? I remember she used to help quite a bit in cases like this.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Circe, no worries, you'll find it before you move. :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1408121265|3733051 said:

;( ;( ;( ;(

.Have you aske iLander? I remember she used to help quite a bit in cases like this.

Great idea Andelain. I also remember ILander helping someone find a load piece of jewelry.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1408121265|3733051 said:

;( ;( ;( ;(

Great idea Andelain. I also remember ILander helping someone find a lost piece of jewelry.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Please don't ask iLander, lol. :bigsmile:

I can't do it anymore, ever since that time I tried to guess what Maisie was holding. Her doubt became my doubt, so the ability to see over distances has disappeared. :nono:

I can play along, though:

Circe, who was in the house when you lost the band?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1396142867|3643605 said:
Okay, you guys are going to love this.

I still haven't found my wedding ring.

But the universe appears to have decided to make things up to me, or something.

You know how I mentioned the frustration of tearing the house apart and not finding anything?

Well, last night, the cat independently knocked the missing glasses loose from under the couch or breakfront or somewhere we had looked but not seen. And then I found one of the missing earrings (sadly, not the BGD one, just one I made) under the armoire.

And then this morning my in-laws called from Sweden to tell me that the ruby ring that had gone missing last summer? Had turned up, caught in some of the wicker lawn furniture. WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK. I looked on every shelf, in every drawer, and through every pocket in the house ... "caught in wicker" never even crossed my mind.

It feels sort of like the universe is being like, "My bad, have some of it back!" Which, dear universe, is lovely and much-appreciated, but ... could I pretty please have my wedding ring back, too? And maybe even the BGD stud? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Oh my! Glad to hear it, but sad for the loss of your wedding ring. Sometimes when you take a short break from looking, it turns up. Crossing my fingers that you find it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Circe -- one last idea: have you looked in heating vents or radiators, whatever you have? I've found lost things there. Oh, I hope it turns up when you unpack -- shake out every single item & all the packing!! Maybe the universe will surprise you again. Big Find-It dust!!!

--- Laurie

P.S. Poor iLander! I'm sorry you've lost your special talents -- temporary, I hope.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the commiseration, guys. I hope you're right about me finding it!

iLander, thanks - I've walked through it 10000 times, but fresh eyes always help. I was coming out of the bathroom after having washed my rings - I had them on my forefinger, and was planning to put them in their box. My best friend, who was there to watch my 2 year old, called me over to look at an e-mail. I went to put my hair up, hit the bookcase where my hairbrush lived, the briefcase where I had a barrette, walked past another two bookcases, sat down, read the e-mail, wandered over to my bench for something, went into the kitchen, grabbed the kiddo, walked into my bedroom, put him on the bed, stood at my desk for a second, and then got my ring box. My son wanted to play with the rings, so I let him for a second ... and when I went to the desk (where I assumed I'd left the rings) they were nowhere to be found.

I figure I must have put the rings down along the way somewhere - on a bookcase, my bench, the fridge - except I feel like I wouldn't have gotten the ring box out if they were in another room, because I wouldn't have left the baby alone. But they weren't on my desk, or the bookcases in the bedroom ... I'm just completely stumped. It's like they disappeared into the ether.

At this point, we've packed ALL the bookcases ... and my bench ... and the kitchen stuff ... and my desk. Unless they're behind a frikkin' radiator cover, I have gremlins. :( :ugeek:

April20

Ideal_Rock
Is there any chance your kiddo could have swallowed them?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
April20 said:

No ... I didn't take my eyes off him that long, and he's never swallowed any non-food substances. If he finds a piece of my bling, he's way likelier to put it on and run around crowing and showing it to us. And since it's been a few months .. it probably would have "turned up" by now. I'm glad he didn't, because, choking hazard, but I would take them back even if poo was involved!

(I also have cats, but they don't eat small objects, though they do bat them around ... I just don't think they could have gotten them in the three minutes between when I know I had them and when I know they disappeared. ARGH.)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1408128271|3733125 said:
April20 said:

No ... I didn't take my eyes off him that long, and he's never swallowed any non-food substances. If he finds a piece of my bling, he's way likelier to put it on and run around crowing and showing it to us. And since it's been a few months .. it probably would have "turned up" by now. I'm glad he didn't, because, choking hazard, but I would take them back even if poo was involved!

(I also have cats, but they don't eat small objects, though they do bat them around ... I just don't think they could have gotten them in the three minutes between when I know I had them and when I know they disappeared. ARGH.)

Cats can move quick. Where could they have possible knocked it that you haven't already checked thoroughly?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Was anyone else in the house at the time or shortly there after (house cleaners, construction, cable guy, etc.)?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Andelain|1408130191|3733138 said:
Circe|1408128271|3733125 said:
April20 said:

Cats can move quick. Where could they have possible knocked it that you haven't already checked thoroughly?

Heh, some do ... mine are not usually in that number. But if they did, at this point there are only a few spots left ... under the bookcases that haven't been wrapped yet, the fridge, or the radiator covers. The cracks between the wall and the floor. Kinda losing hope of finding them, sadly ... I'm really sentimental, generally, so losing something like my wedding band is really putting me in a funk.

momhappy said:
Was anyone else in the house at the time or shortly there after (house cleaners, construction, cable guy, etc.)?

Nope, just me, my best friend, and my son ... I spent about a week searching frantically before the cleaning lady came. :(sad

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Do you trust your cleaning lady? I have one and that's not something that I would worry about, but just thought that I would ask.
Gosh, I hope you find it!!! I lost a ring once and months later it flew out of the lint screen in my dryer - I must have put the ring in my pocket, washed/dried it, and the ring somehow ended up lodged in the dryer vent. I had given up all hope of ever finding them and there it was. I am really hoping that your turns up too!!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1408125335|3733099 said:

iLander, thanks - I've walked through it 10000 times, but fresh eyes always help. I was coming out of the bathroom after having washed my rings - I had them on my forefinger, and was planning to put them in their box. My best friend, who was there to watch my 2 year old, called me over to look at an e-mail. I went to put my hair up, hit the bookcase where my hairbrush lived, the briefcase where I had a barrette, walked past another two bookcases, sat down, read the e-mail, wandered over to my bench for something, went into the kitchen, grabbed the kiddo, walked into my bedroom, put him on the bed, stood at my desk for a second, and then got my ring box. My son wanted to play with the rings, so I let him for a second ... and when I went to the desk (where I assumed I'd left the rings) they were nowhere to be found.

I figure I must have put the rings down along the way somewhere - on a bookcase, my bench, the fridge - except I feel like I wouldn't have gotten the ring box out if they were in another room, because I wouldn't have left the baby alone. But they weren't on my desk, or the bookcases in the bedroom ... I'm just completely stumped. It's like they disappeared into the ether.

At this point, we've packed ALL the bookcases ... and my bench ... and the kitchen stuff ... and my desk. Unless they're behind a frikkin' radiator cover, I have gremlins. :( :ugeek:

Do you think you could have put the rings which were on your forefinger with the ring box on the bed with your son? Have you checked your ring box for your wedding band? It could be in the ring box with all the other rings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still missing? I'm sorry.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
How frustrating, and how strange that you seem to have found everything else!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
momhappy|1408132112|3733158 said:
Do you trust your cleaning lady? I have one and that's not something that I would worry about, but just thought that I would ask.
Gosh, I hope you find it!!! I lost a ring once and months later it flew out of the lint screen in my dryer - I must have put the ring in my pocket, washed/dried it, and the ring somehow ended up lodged in the dryer vent. I had given up all hope of ever finding them and there it was. I am really hoping that your turns up too!!!!

I *think* I do ... as much as I trust anybody who's not actually family. She's around all the rest of my jewelry regularly, a lot of which is worth considerably more financially, and she's actually found pieces I've misplaced previously ... so while I suppose anybody could be tempted, I put it in the outside realm. I'm very happy you found your ring, though - now I need to follow your good example!!!

jaysonsmom said:
Circe|1408125335|3733099 said:

Do you think you could have put the rings which were on your forefinger with the ring box on the bed with your son? Have you checked your ring box for your wedding band? It could be in the ring box with all the other rings.

This is a good thought - I checked the box over and over, as well as all of my other boxes. :sick: Nada. I figure I must have either had a freak accident (like, tucked them in my pocket, they fell out, cat ice-hockied them under a bookcase), or I absentmindedly put them in A Very Safe Place (a little box, on a high shelf) that has thus far evaded me in all my searching. Or some permutation of the two ....

The worst case scenario is either that I did one of those and someone who came to my house in the intervening months pocketed them (I hate this thought, because it's been pretty much all friends and loved ones, and I hate feeling suspicious of them), or they got tossed in some weird scenario where #1 or #2 resulted in them going down the drain/into the garbage/out the window. :o

Gypsy said:
Still missing? I'm sorry.

Thanks, Gyps. I appreciate it.

pregcurious said:
How frustrating, and how strange that you seem to have found everything else!

GREMLINS.

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm voting for the idea that you've hidden them from yourself in "A VERY SAFE PLACE" and that they'll turn up unexpectedly in a contact lens case or the like. Fingers crossed that day is SOON.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, I do hope you find your ring. Losing things makes me absolutely crazy so I feel your pain. Hugs and dust for finding them as you pack and move, and take things apart. I am so glad you were able to find the other pieces. I would definitely vacuum with hose over the head of your vacuum. That sounds like a great idea. Dust dust and more dust for finding your wedding ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results