shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone for my original setting? where to purchase?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All-

I will be resetting my engagement ring and have decided to keep my original setting as a RHR... I don't want to break the bank, I simply want a nice stone to place in the setting so I can actually use it... it doesn't have to be a sapphire or ruby, but have considered a yellow or red stone... as my original setting is holding a 2.5 cushion and is flanked by 2 bullets, a 3 stone set in platinum. Any recommendations? I haven't asked my jewlery about doing this yet, but is this generally inexpensive to do? Thanks all!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
You will need to check the dimensions of the diamond coming out of your setting as most colored gemstones weigh "heavier" than diamonds, so don't go by weight. The other thing you will need to be aware of is that many colored stones are also cut deeper than diamonds and may not fit into the prongs. If you can find a stone to fit (or have one custom cut) the expense of setting the stone is minimal. If you need the head rebuilt, obviously it will cost more. If you want suggestions for colored stones, you may want to post on the colored stone forum.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel- thank you so much... I hadn't considerd that depth wold be an issue? Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results