shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

So it is really weird - I am usually VERY regular. My cycles are always 25/26 days (usually 25) and Fertility Friend usually is bang on with my estimated O days and pre-O window. This month is strange - still no positive OPK and no EWCM (which for me is always a sure thing) and I am on day 2 of my predicted ovulation days on FF. I'm worried that a) I won't ovulate or b) if I do ovulate, it will be so late that there won't be enough time to implant prior to my period.

Do you think it is because I'm 'trying'? Thinking about it too much? AH!

Poor DH - I guess I started the BD marathon a tad early. haha

(PS - how long do you guys dip the OPK in the urine? At first I was doing it like a pregnancy test but I am hearing it should be longer? I've seen ppl say between 10 and 30 seconds? Help?)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone, :wavey:

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Longtime PS'er, first time in this forum. Essentially after a decade of being together and thinking we don't want kids, maybe we do want kids, lets have kids later etc etc... we came to the decision to start TTC now. I'm pretty much so freakin excited I could pop right now and I'm not allowed to tell ANYONE!

I literally stopped taking the pill this morning and started on Blackmores Conceive Well Gold today. :dance: I already know I have some endo and have had two ovarian cysts removed already so my gyno made it clear we don't have all the time in the world to wait (I'm 30 soon). Suddenly 2015 just seemed to be the right time to have our baby. :D

Sooooo a quick review of this thread shows a lot of terminology I'm not familiar with but I downloaded a fertility tracker app on my phone to help determine my ovulation date. Apart from that we just have lots of sex right? :lol: :naughty:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome HotPozzum! So excited to see you here! :bigsmile: I have the app too, it helps narrow down when you 'should' be ovulating, but the best way to determine that is to get some OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) to determine if you're getting the hormone surge right before you ovulate, and taking your temperature daily around that time to make sure it did happen (I'm sure you've read all this stuff!). GOOD LUCK!! :dance:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks DandiAndi! :wavey: It's been such a long journey to this point and I think I'm still in shock that my husband actually wants us to TTC :lol:

To be honest I have not done any reading yet so I know nothing about charting, temperatures etc - I've got a lot to learn. :read: We are sort of aiming to get pregnant by Christmas (yeah I know good luck with that!) as that would be the best result for me work-wise so I can take advantage of my company maternity leave policy. Doesn't help hubby is away at the moment but thankfully he gets back right at the start of my fertile window so boy is he going to get lucky! 8-)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1407720785|3729940 said:
b) if I do ovulate, it will be so late that there won't be enough time to implant prior to my period.

(PS - how long do you guys dip the OPK in the urine? At first I was doing it like a pregnancy test but I am hearing it should be longer? I've seen ppl say between 10 and 30 seconds? Help?)

Don't worry- if you O late, your cycle will just be longer. Your luteal phase length won't change.

I dip them for maybe 5 seconds? Enough time to see the pee being pulled up.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

amc80|1407773026|3730251 said:
MuffDog|1407720785|3729940 said:
b) if I do ovulate, it will be so late that there won't be enough time to implant prior to my period.

Don't worry- if you O late, your cycle will just be longer. Your luteal phase length won't change.

I dip them for maybe 5 seconds? Enough time to see the pee being pulled up.

Really? I didn't realize that - thanks! Makes me feel a bit better. I'm trying to think of why I would ovulate late this round and I think I have a few ideas. Was already kicking myself if it was my 'fault' this month, so thanks for the info.

Hotpozzum - Welcome! DH and I used to say no kids, and then after a few years, we started thinking about and here I am TTC #2! Hope you are one of the one-shot-wonder mamas!!

Huff - Sounds like you have so much going on!! When do you rest?! haha Good luck with all the house stuff- that can definitely add a lot of stress to your life, eh?

Tourmaline - I don't think I realized this is TTC for #4 for you! The timing thing makes sense now. Do you remember what your timing was with your previous children?

So we kept up with our every other day DTD schedule this weekend even though we went away with friends (uh....sorry friends!). Looks ovulation is coming as my OPK is almost there and I've seen some CM changes now. We'll just keep plugging away! haha

I'll admit - the past year has been pretty fun for me. I've been using it as an opportunity to get social again and go out and have fun and as much as I want to get KU soon because iti s the right thing for our family, part of me is kind of sad to think about the major lifestyle changes that come with it. Of course, I'm happy to do it for a sweet little babe, but...well...ya. Going out can be fun too!

:appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Welcome, HotPozzum! :wavey:

MuffDog|1407777361|3730273 said:
Tourmaline - I don't think I realized this is TTC for #4 for you! The timing thing makes sense now. Do you remember what your timing was with your previous children?

Well, actually, we are TTC #5. We have 4 kids (girl, boy, boy, boy) already. With my first kid, we were traveling in Ireland and I was eating a totally different diet from my usual one, and I ovulated a couple of days late. But we were trying for A KID, and there were a lot of attempts, so I'm not sure if it was a couple of days before, or one day after ovulation. The other three (all boys) were all within a day before ovulation. With the last two of them, we had wanted to try for a girl, but things got in the way both times and I didn't stick to the timing I had planned. Hmph.

So I am at around 6dpo today and on a diet. I'm pretty certain I am not going to be pregnant this month, but I know myself, and I'll probably start testing around 8dpo. Hee hee.

Huff and Muff, best wishes with O! :)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I decided to go off the diet just in case.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Hey all- I'm going to jump into this thread now. We weren't planning to have kids, but a couple years ago, I went from ambivalent to I want them. I knew my DH wasn't for it at all, so I put it on the back burner. This past winter we had an "oops". I was secretly thrilled, but then it ended in m/c. It's taken the six months since the loss, but my DH is finally on board with trying for one. I'm 37- I feel like it's now or never!!!!

I've already O'd this month and unless there was magic super sperm, I'm out, but I'm gearing up for next month!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Welcome, April!

I am 8dpo today and have thought it incredibly unlikely that we conceived this month because the deed was 3.5 days before O. I still think it's highly unlikely, but I am taking tests anyway, because they're cheap and I can't stop myself. So today they were negative, but one was less negative than the others. I drive myself bonkers.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Welcome April!! Sorry to hear of your previous miscarriage. Hopefully things move quickly and smoothly for you in TTC land!

Tourmaline - a test less negative than the others? Was it the most recent test? I'm a habitual tester as well and have developed line eye on more than one occasion. Hopefully there is something to it for you!!

Afm - ovulated later than usual but at least I ovulated. Dh and I have managed to keep up with the every other day schedule (which is more fun than I expected!) so we have done all we can. I will probably add tomorrow just in case but now it is on to the tww for me.

Where is everyone else in their cycle? You know - if it isn't too personal ;-)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

How exciting, Muff! Wondfo is the brand of cheap tests I use. $31 (shipped) for 100. I am on 9dpo. They're negative. Line eye...yes, haha!

Huff26

Rough_Rock

Tourmaline: Ugh I hate the negative tests. Last month I was almost even wanting a false positive so I could for once get a second line. Whether its ovulations tests or pregnancy tests I just never seem to get it! lol Hopefully it starts turning positive for you soon.

Muff: DTD every other day is very nice, I have to remind myself to keep my hands off my husband right now. I am glad you were able to ovulate! Maybe the later ovulation was just a more mature egg, eh?

April: Glad you are here on the ride with us, although I am very sorry about your mc. I wish you the best of luck ttc and I am glad you were able to get your dh on board with you.

HotPozzum: Sorry I missed your posting earlier! Welcome to you as well! Hopefully your stay here will be short and sweet and good luck with all the action you will be getting. :naughty:

AFM not much to report. I pee on sticks, I don't get any lines. It's rather dreary so I am wondering if next month we should forget this whole trying on certain days thing and just dtd for fun. Idk I just have been feeling discouraged because I am not O'ing. Or at least the tests say I'm not.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Huff26|1408031443|3732333 said:
Tourmaline: Ugh I hate the negative tests. Last month I was almost even wanting a false positive so I could for once get a second line. Whether its ovulations tests or pregnancy tests I just never seem to get it! lol Hopefully it starts turning positive for you soon.

AFM not much to report. I pee on sticks, I don't get any lines. It's rather dreary so I am wondering if next month we should forget this whole trying on certain days thing and just dtd for fun. Idk I just have been feeling discouraged because I am not O'ing. Or at least the tests say I'm not.

Hugs, Huff.

I checked my cervix and it feels exactly as it does when my period is coming. Hmph.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Girls - anyone good at charting? According to my bbt and Fertility Friend, I ovulated on the 10th - which means I am definitely no longer fertile, correct?

Wondering if I can give DH a few days off or if I should go for one last kick at the can ;-)

Here is my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/365b9f

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1408037206|3732397 said:
Girls - anyone good at charting? According to my bbt and Fertility Friend, I ovulated on the 10th - which means I am definitely no longer fertile, correct?

Wondering if I can give DH a few days off or if I should go for one last kick at the can ;-)

Here is my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/365b9f

It could be the 10th. You have some missing temps so it's hard to say with 100% accuracy (which is why your cross-hairs are dotted). I think it could also be the 13th, but I need to see some more temps to say for sure. I would BD today and then call it good, just in case you did O yesterday.

Actually, since your positive OPKs were the 11th and 12th, I'm leaning more towards the 13th.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Amc- that is super helpful. Thank you!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1408039971|3732428 said:
Amc- that is super helpful. Thank you!!

Anytime :) I think charting is fascinating.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

AMC - I've never properly charted before. I have used FF for probably 10 cycles just tracking my periods so I have an idea of how long each cycle is, but other than that (as you can see) I'm not super consistent with temping, etc. My temp spike on the 11th should probably be discarded as I forgot and stood up to get my 2yo out of his crib. So you are right in thinking my o date is probably closer to the 13th than the 10th.

I do find temping stressful. I think about it when I wake in the middle of the night. Last night I had no clue what time it was but I took my temp anyways only to find it was 1:30 a.m. Jeez!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1408043850|3732466 said:
AMC - I've never properly charted before. I have used FF for probably 10 cycles just tracking my periods so I have an idea of how long each cycle is, but other than that (as you can see) I'm not super consistent with temping, etc. My temp spike on the 11th should probably be discarded as I forgot and stood up to get my 2yo out of his crib. So you are right in thinking my o date is probably closer to the 13th than the 10th.

I do find temping stressful. I think about it when I wake in the middle of the night. Last night I had no clue what time it was but I took my temp anyways only to find it was 1:30 a.m. Jeez!

If you find it stressful, consider stopping one ovulation is confirmed. I started doing that...not because it was stressful, but because I was that lazy.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

That's actually a good idea. I will stop temping until near the end of the cycle (so I can not spend a bunch of $$ on tests! haha).

Alrighty - have a good night girls!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Okay. Me again. :)

The TWW is officially on. DH is tapping out. I'm definitely no longer fertile. Let the symptom spotting begin! haha

In other news, my son has just finished up with his second round of hand foot and mouth. Poor kid. He was a disaster this week - not sleeping, crying, and super cranky tantrums. Last night was the first night that he slept straight through and he woke up with a smile today. Thank god.

Any weekend plans? I'm going mattress shopping tomorrow and then going out for a girlfriend's bday that night. What about you guys?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Today is my birthday and my husband is away for work. He has been away on my birthday for the last eight years! I am taking my kids over to my parents' house, and we'll all go out for dinner later. I was thinking it would be awesome to get a bfp for my birthday, but no such luck. 10dpo bfn. I am sneezing a lot and feeling yucky, and I am certain that I am creating those symptoms.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Tourmaline|1408112081|3732946 said:
Today is my birthday and my husband is away for work. He has been away on my birthday for the last eight years! I am taking my kids over to my parents' house, and we'll all go out for dinner later. I was thinking it would be awesome to get a bfp for my birthday, but no such luck. 10dpo bfn. I am sneezing a lot and feeling yucky, and I am certain that I am creating those symptoms.

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY lovely lady!!! Sorry your husband is away...again. That kind of stinks (though at least your expectations are kept low haha). Hope you have a nice night with your family regardless and tell DH he can get a do-over on the weekend. And the weekend following. THat is the price he has to pay for missing it again!!

My DH is usually horrendous at holidays. My first mother's day was a BUST and I refused to just 'wait till next year' so I told him he could have a do-over the following weekend. :)

10 dpo is early for a lot of people. Don't count yourself out till AF comes. Until then just keep busy!

Huff26

Rough_Rock

Tourmaline: happy freaking birthday! I hope it's fantastic and that you get some great presents and/or a nice dinner. I'm still crossing my fingers for you, I hope you don't mind! Are your kids back to school yet?

MuffDog: Mattress shopping= so not fun! We wound up going with a Tempurpedic, but I think we are going to swap ours for the upgraded breeze. Also holy guacamole they have gotten expensive. Glad your little one slept through the night last night!

Afm I finally got a faint line with my ovulation kit so that's exciting! And both me and my hubby are moving on to more interviews next week so hopefully we both get the job!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks, Muff! <3

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

So we went mattress shopping this weekend and on our way there, I said to DH "okay...so no sex jokes while we are shopping" because I know him pretty well and I could just picture what he would do to 'test' the mattress.

Anyway - while we were out, this young couple came into the store and they TOTALLY tested the mattress. It was hilarious!! And awkward...but mostly funny. Ha.

I should have listened to AMC and stopped temping - two temps in a row that are WAY below the coverline today and yesterday. I'm only 5DPO so it doesn't make sense (implantation dips are only supposed to be one day, and AF isn't due for 1.5 weeks). Weird, right?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1408371181|3734773 said:
I should have listened to AMC and stopped temping - two temps in a row that are WAY below the coverline today and yesterday. I'm only 5DPO so it doesn't make sense (implantation dips are only supposed to be one day, and AF isn't due for 1.5 weeks). Weird, right?

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is that you did O on CD13 (since you know that temp was off) and this is just a mid cycle dip. I'll be stalking your chart :)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Huff26|1408154607|3733369 said:
Tourmaline: happy freaking birthday! I hope it's fantastic and that you get some great presents and/or a nice dinner. I'm still crossing my fingers for you, I hope you don't mind! Are your kids back to school yet?

You and I posted at the same moment (a few days ago) and I didn't see your post. Thanks! The kids aren't back in school yet. It's another couple of weeks.

So...I am 14dpo, have gotten more BFNs, and my period was due yesterday. Driving me crazy.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Tourmaline|1408480338|3735673 said:
Huff26|1408154607|3733369 said:

You and I posted at the same moment (a few days ago) and I didn't see your post. Thanks! The kids aren't back in school yet. It's another couple of weeks.

So...I am 14dpo, have gotten more BFNs, and my period was due yesterday. Driving me crazy.

I've been charting for six years, so I've had lots of time to watch my cycle. 99% of the time I have a 14 day LP. Occasionally I will have a 15 or 16 day LP (sometimes when it happens I'm not 100% sure of O date). So it could be you O'd a little later or this month it's just slightly "off". Probably not what you want to hear but with neg tests, it might be the case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results