shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple rhapsody/Sapphire from Finewater

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
My fancy purple sapphire from Gary at Finewatergems arrived today.

3.37 ct, 8.7 x 7.0 x 6.8mm, VVS clarity, unheated as reported by AGL.

When I opened the box, I laughed aloud in delight. All summer I've been staring at all flowers purple, wondering how the sapphire will look in my hand and if I will love it. I do :love: I've done a hurried photoshoot, because I can't wait to get it to my jeweler. What amazes me is that in my eyes, the sapphire looks exactly like Gary's picture, much of the time. The sapphire will hopefully be set in my wedding ring, here is the thread [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-nordic-queen.113027/....']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-nordic-queen.113027/......[/URL].

_21357.jpg

fwsapphire1_case.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The only suitable object of beauty I found at home to accompany the sapphire was some garlic. :bigsmile:

fwsapphire2_case.jpg

sapphandgarlic1.jpg

sapphandgarlic2.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here the sapphire is with its predecessor, a violet-blue-gray spinel set in my wedding ring. I love the symbolism of an evolving marriage and evolving wedding/engagement rings as well.

The sapphire is mesmerizing in its changes with the light. It has a brighter fleck of blue, or a of them, that were clearly visible as zoning in the videos I received. But in person they blend into this ever changing glitter of purple, blue and violet that is breathtaking.

fwsapphire2_kitchen.jpg

fwsapphire2_kitchen2.jpg

fwsapphire2_kitchen2close.jpg

fwsapphire2_kitchen2coser.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a sidewiew. It has a wonderful high crown, which probably adds to the sparkle. In low light the color does go a bit dark, but the sparkle is always there and purple is the darkest color on the spectrum. I also did manage to catch the blue zone in one of these pictures.

But I just heard that my jeweler won't be in all week. :(sad :nono:

fwsapphire2_side.jpg

fwsapphireunderwarmyellowlight.jpg

bluezone.jpg

highcrown.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Some more pictures.

fwsapphire1_case_side.jpg

fwsapphire_outside.jpg

fwsapphire_outsideclose.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
And here are the last pictures that I took. :))

fwsapphire1_garlic2.jpg

fwsapphire1_garlic.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Amazing :love:

The stone is stunning and I am so glad it's as beautiful as in the vendor pic and that you love it! What a pity your jeweler is gone for a week. I am so looking forward seeing pics of the set stone. I can imagine how difficult the waiting must be for you.

You made a great choice. Congrats

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom,

Thank you!!! :wavey: I'm so excited, I'm almost jumping up and down. Every time I look at it, I fall in love with it again. Waiting is sooo hard, I can't wait to wear this one.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yow, that is a beauty! It will look just spectacular in your ring. How terrific for you!!! Good photos -- its various colors really show up.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! I too have been searching for a more purple/lilac unheated sapphire so I am super envious! As a three stone, it will look incredible. One of my favorite looks of all time! Congrats on your find! Can't wait to see the final reveal!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply gorgeous and I cannot see you evolving away from this one. :love: Congrats on your new sapphire! How will this one be set?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1408014379|3732155 said:
Yow, that is a beauty! It will look just spectacular in your ring. How terrific for you!!! Good photos -- its various colors really show up.

--- Laurie

Thank you Laurie for your kind words and the comment about the photos. I hoped to catch at least a few of the sapphire's "faces" in the photos. =) I think I haven't realized the meaning of the words "light return" until seeing this sapphire. Light seems to bounce around inside of it, due to its depth.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1408014726|3732156 said:
Looks beautiful!

Thank you pregcurious, I'm so happy to have PS so I can share my excitement. My husband thinks I'm a little nutty, but patiently moves with me to the window to see the sapphire in yet another different light. :whistle: 8)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
RandG|1408015432|3732159 said:
Beautiful stone! I too have been searching for a more purple/lilac unheated sapphire so I am super envious! As a three stone, it will look incredible. One of my favorite looks of all time! Congrats on your find! Can't wait to see the final reveal!

Thank you for the sweet compliments! I feel for you! I was on the fence about this one for a looong time, but I kept scouring the Internet for another and didn't find anything like it. I was tempted by some in The Natural Sapphire Company (I have bought from them before) and if I remember correctly Simply Sapphires has a few interesting ones also.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1408016384|3732166 said:
It is simply gorgeous and I cannot see you evolving away from this one. :love: Congrats on your new sapphire! How will this one be set?

Thank you Chrono, I feel the same. This is a forever kind of gem. The color blend makes it unique and I so appreciate how cordial Gary was in answering all of my questions professionally, also about zoning and value.

I'm thinking of simply having it reset in my old ring, which is of really great craftmanship. I will wait to hear a professional opinion about proportions though. (I also had a wild idea of setting it with two vivid yellowish orange cushion diamonds, or a five stone ring with a good deal of purple diamonds that I saw, but I'm worried it will be too much for an everyday ring. :twirl: :Up_to_something: )

Then I have this jeweler situation. I love the elderly gentleman who set my spinel. But it may be that he is retired, I have a difficulty getting in touch with him, so I may have to go somewhere else instead.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
That's good to know! I will check out the Natural Sapphire Company. Not a fan of Simply Sapphires :(. Have you ever heard of RubyKing on ebay? He has a stone I've been eyeing but its just slightly smaller than I'm shooting for. I welcome any insight you might have!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful colour and cut, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you are the one who bought that beauty! I have looked longingly at that photo of Gary's many times. I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see it set! :appl:

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I keep thinking that it's a "rich" color. Hope you continue to enjoy your sapphire! :cheeky:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT,
Beautiful sapphire, I love the high crown too More sparkle!!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: I can see why you are so excited! It's beautiful. :love: :love:
Would love to see some more hand shots once it's set. :lickout:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness Marie! what a GORGEOUS!!!!! Sapphire! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: i'm really looking forward to seeing the final product!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh that is spectacular!!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous sapphire! I hope it fits perfectly in your ring! What are you going to do with the old spinel, since that has so much sentimental value?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Wow.... I love the level of saturation and tone in your gem. Definitely one of the most beautiful purple sapphires I've seen.

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
This is one stunning sapphire! I love purple, and this is so rich and deep. I can't wait to see it set!

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the different colors. Can't wait to see the finished ring!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh what a beautiful sapphire - the perfect purple. :love: Your ring is one of my "saved inspirations" - it's one of my absolute favorite rings on PS so I hope you will be using the same design? :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results