shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs and Progress Pics - CVB Diamond and Sapphire Ring

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Hi, everyone! :wavey: I posted a sketch a month or so ago in the 'Waiting on Custom Design' thread, and I'm back today w/ some updates on the ring that Caysie at CVB Inspired Design is making for me. I always find it so helpful and fun to see the various stages of creation/production; hopefully you all will enjoy as well. :))

Firstly, the CADs:

The center stone is my own uncerted .84 RB diamond (she's been through a few resets before :D ); 18kYG and Plat; the outer halo is comprised of blue sapphires, with purple sapphires marking the cardinal points. The design has evolved somewhat since the sketch phase; at first, the inner halo was going to be sapphires, and the outer, diamonds. But after playing with it some, Caysie suggested switching the colors, and it was perfect! It just flowed better. Also, as you'll see in the progress pics, the tapered baguette cut sapphires at the E and W points were switched out for straight cut baguettes. The tapers didn't work as well w/in the bezels once fabrication started. Here are the progress pics I received from Caysie today:

The leaves in the gallery have yet be fine-tuned, and there is still engraving and polishing to be done, of course, but my first thought was "Wow!". I couldn't be more pleased! The entire process has been professional, easy, and most of all - fun! Once the ring is complete, I'll certainly be posting pics and all the relevant specs, for those that dig the details. ;))

Although I'm not very active here, I have such an appreciation for this community, and all that it's taught me over the years. If I can answer any questions, either about my ring, or my experience working w/ CVB, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for reading, viewing, and sharing my excitement!

cvbforjlwcadcollage.jpg

cvbforjlwprogresscollage.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love it. So unique and fun!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is very unique, can't wait to see it finished!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another unique CvB ring!! I love love love her work and your ring will be absolutely stunning.
I bet you cannot wait to wear the ring on your hand. Happy waiting :wavey:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I's lovely!! Can't wait to see the finished ring. I am also working with Caysie and she is such a great communicator, isn't she? It's so much fun to get these "in progress" pics!!! so glad that Caysie sends them!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
An amazing one of a kind piece! Gorgeous!

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Wow, amazing-looks like something you'd see in a lavish historical drama!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Weeee- love your amazing ring!

It's like this fantastical mix of baroque and deco- is that possible? Unreal. Well, I'm so happy for you, I hope it brings you much joy to own and wear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is going to be gorgeous, and I really love the change to the french cut baguettes! :love: I am kind of partial to those myself!

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Neil, arkieb1, Acinom, thecat, sixbillionstars :

Thank you all so much for the wonderful compliments! I am definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product, and sharing here!

pinkjewel : Yes, you're right - Caysie is a fabulous communicator. Easy to work with and full of creativity. The pics are fun, aren't they? Thank you for your kind words!

apacherose : I love that you see those two elements - so do I! Thank you!

diamondseeker2006 : Yes, you would be somewhat partial. ;)) I adore your new band, and actually, when Caysie was showing me some examples of color/cut, I think your sapphires may have been the ones that I viewed. I'm *already* craving an eternity similar to yours, but with rubies. :bigsmile:

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
My fabulous ring will be delivered this week! :dance: Caysie has named her Carnivale, and here she is:

I'll post 7,913 more photos (and specs), later this week. I'm *so* excited! :bigsmile:

carnivalebycvb.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring! :appl:

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
So kind of you, derbygal - thank you! :))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! Love all the colors and metal combined :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out stunning. I can't wait till you get it in hand if there's one thing about CVB photos, they don't accurately reflect the delicate nature of the settings!

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
DandT - Thank you so much! I'm happy to know another fan of mixed metals; I think we're the minority... :D

Niel - You're so, so right; this little beauty is incredibly delicate. Thank you for your kind words! :))

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Carnivale arrived today! And, wow - she's gorgeous! Here's a quick iPhone snap I grabbed in the car after tearing through the packaging:

The setting is so delicate, and the detail is amazing. The diamond melee throw lots of fire, and the sapphires sparkle like mad. The carved gallery, millegrain and engraving are exquisite. :love: :love:

I couldn't be happier! Cheers to Caysie and her ridiculously talented bench crew! :appl:

I'll be back as soon as I can with lots more "real" (dSLR) photos. ;))

iphonecrop.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! Great design! Can't wait to see more pictures!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Carnivale is delightful. You must be giddy every time you look at your finger. Congratulations! I'm excited for pictures!!!!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous design! Congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results