color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

athenaworth|1407271720|3726689 said:
My new 3ct blue zircon cut by Jeff Davies. It's a blinger and a half!

Lordy--my eyes just bugged out of my head! :love: :appl: WOW--I love it!

cheers--Sharon

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Looks great D&T. I can't wait to see the piece. I live in MD and have been meaning to go to them. Can you start a thread about the ring and the process once it is done?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Preg- sure thing! I also asked Hunt about there gems, since I love precision cutting, and asked them to share some info about their jubilant crown facet pattern. They are a joy to talk with and passionate about their work!. They did send me some of their gems and facet patterning to oogle :love: I did ask when they will ever start putting up their gem offering online :cheeky: (hopefully soon, as I'm sure us PSer's would love to support them!)

huntgems.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hopefully the final comes my way by the end of this week ::)

huntprocess.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's going to be a fabulous ring DandT! Thanks for sharing.
Looking forward to see your real life pics of the ring.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Acinom!- will do... ::)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I posted this before on SMTB, but I took some new pics that I think are better

Original thread:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-yellow-diamond-halo-from-erd.197757/

New pics:

photo_829.jpg

photo_830.jpg

photo_831.jpg

photo_832.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pregcurious|1407994348|3732082 said:
I posted this before on SMTB, but I took some new pics that I think are better

Original thread:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-yellow-diamond-halo-from-erd.197757/

New pics:

oh my goodness Pregcuriou- Love that yellow halo! a different spin on halo :appl:

lnl001

Rough_Rock

4.27 Spinel 18kt rose. And 1.57ct Colombian emerald I reset inherited stone from my mother.

image_2136.jpg image_2142.jpg
image_2152.jpg
image_2153.jpg

lnl001

Rough_Rock

Thanks DianeM! :wavey:
It really does "wrap"

image_2199.jpg image_2200.jpg

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

I am waiting on this Chrome Tourmaline to arrive from Roger Dery, should be here Thursday. I'm usually not a fan of Chrome Tourmaline but this one looks to be bright and have a tinge of blue without any (or much) of the secondary yellow I'm used to seeing. Hopefully it's a winner.

tourmalinechromesqcu1_44ct_8265.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

That chrome looks promising.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock

:appl: :love:

The chrome tourmaline is super - please more pics!!

Difficult to find are real nice one. Have you seen some with an usambara effect??

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

It's nice as far as Chrome Tourmaline goes, but it's much too dark for me. It resembles the picture in direct sunlight but it's otherwise pretty closed off. I'm sending it back in the morning which is fine, win some lose some. And I'm not familiar Usambara affect, pictures?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Finally set my Jeff Davies Burmese spinel. 1.3ct in 14k YG with brushed finish. I may start a thread on it with the pictures I have of it at home.

wp_20140813_002.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Davi|1408864717|3738403 said:
Finally set my Jeff Davies Burmese spinel. 1.3ct in 14k YG with brushed finish. I may start a thread on it with the pictures I have of it at home.

What a fabulous color! It looks great combined with the brushed metal. Looking forward to see more pics.

lnl001

Rough_Rock

Davi|1408864717|3738403 said:
Awesome! Love spinels and matte/brushed finishes! Congrats!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Looks really beautiful! Please start a thread, Davi!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bump!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GregS|1408757793|3737857 said:
It's nice as far as Chrome Tourmaline goes, but it's much too dark for me. It resembles the picture in direct sunlight but it's otherwise pretty closed off. I'm sending it back in the morning which is fine, win some lose some. And I'm not familiar Usambara affect, pictures?

Sorry it turned out to be darker than expected. It looks perfect in the picture.

Usambara Effect
http://www.nordskip.com/usambara.html

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Some eye candy (doesn't belong to me, obviously. From a show in Asia. Most, if not all, are native cut. But we can still enjoy looking at them! If it doesn't belong in this thread please feel free to delete) :razz:

**Edit... having problems posting pics. will try again later.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1411120592|3753623 said:
Some eye candy (doesn't belong to me, obviously. From a show in Asia. Most, if not all, are native cut. But we can still enjoy looking at them! If it doesn't belong in this thread please feel free to delete) :razz:

**Edit... having problems posting pics. will try again later.

OK posted to [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gem-show.206243/#post-3754124#p3754124']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gem-show.206243/#post-3754124#p3754124[/URL] :)

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Mochiko :lickout:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I have a question that I should be able to answer myself. Or perhaps I don't like the answer and I'm looking for someone to enable me in my denial. what is the moh's hardness of steel? I know it will vary for differently composed steels and whether they have been oil hardened. All the hardness data I seem to find are in Rockwell or Vickers or Brinnel. The upshot is I think I scratched a tourmaline (7-7.5) with my calipers while measuring it. I had thought steel was not that hard by itself. IIt is quite posible that the calipers were hardened. It does not say on them or on the case, and it is a cheap , unlike my other mitutoyo ones that do say stainless and hardened. Well there is a lesson for all of us, and even those who already know can forget to consider and apply: the tools you use to measure and handle your stones (think tweezers) can easily damage them. Really I am mad at myself because these calipers are point calipers for measuring deep concave objects that regular calipers can't reach into. So I turned the dial on a pointy hardened steel into the tourmaline to measure the interior thickness. I'm an idiot.
wikipedia says regular steel is 4-4.5, and hardened is 7.5-8.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VL,
I do not know the answer to your question but am sorry your tourmaline suffered a minor nick/scratch.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whoa acinom, that is GORGEOUS!!!

I have been pretty lazy on the shiny front recently. My spring cleaning still hasn't happened and it's fall! I really do need to clear room in the jewelry box though for some new pretties! Like a 1ct unheated sapphire from Finewater hopefully in the mail today.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade|1413040745|3765815 said:
Whoa acinom, that is GORGEOUS!!!

I have been pretty lazy on the shiny front recently. My spring cleaning still hasn't happened and it's fall! I really do need to clear room in the jewelry box though for some new pretties! Like a 1ct unheated sapphire from Finewater hopefully in the mail today.

Thank you MakingTheGrade :wavey:

Aaaaah! A nice goodie from Finewater. Please post pics once you receive it today!!! Any idea how you will set it if you decide to keep it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results