shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some creative reply ideas

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My boss is getting married and DH and I are invited to the wedding (DH and boss are friends). I got the invitation yesterday and it's all white print on black card stock, even the response card.

I asked my boss how in the world one is supposed to fill out a card that is on black paper, and he sort of smirked...I think it's meant to be some sort of challenge.

So, challenge accepted. I need some good ideas. I thought of writing it in glitter and filling the envelope full of glitter. I also thought of writing everything (our names and the # of people attending) in a foreign language...like Chinese or Japanese or something. But I'm not sure how that would work with a proper noun? Binary code? That could be fun.

ETA- For the ideas that still require writing stuff, I would just make an arrow and write on the back (white) side.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gold ink :cheeky:

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1407535641|3728830 said:
My boss is getting married and DH and I are invited to the wedding (DH and boss are friends). I got the invitation yesterday and it's all white print on black card stock, even the response card.

I asked my boss how in the world one is supposed to fill out a card that is on black paper, and he sort of smirked...I think it's meant to be some sort of challenge.

So, challenge accepted. I need some good ideas. I thought of writing it in glitter and filling the envelope full of glitter. I also thought of writing everything (our names and the # of people attending) in a foreign language...like Chinese or Japanese or something. But I'm not sure how that would work with a proper noun? Binary code? That could be fun.

ETA- For the ideas that still require writing stuff, I would just make an arrow and write on the back (white) side.
Wow, you are creative. I would just use a silver sharpie marker. I use one to label all my kids dark colored stuff before I send things to preschool. Btw, I love the glitter idea.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I ended up using clues to figure out our name...which I then wrote in excel code :)

Something like (I'm changing the clues here since I don't want to give my husband's full name on here):

=("Mr. and Mrs."&" "&left([name of drummer from Aerosmith],6)&" "&right([Author of Gone Girl],5))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stick-on crystals to check check boxes and to indicate the number attending? If necessary, "write" your names using the little tiny stick-in crystals?

If it were me... "writing" the response on my sewing machine would be an option. So would hand-embroidering the response, but that's way too much work!

The silver sharpies ponder suggested would be easy and elegant.

Personally - I'd hate (and wouldn't like you very much either) it if you sent me an envelope full of loose glitter. I hate how that stuff gets all over the place, and it can be pretty hard to clean up.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silver or gold ink pen?

Or use white correction fluid such as Tippex in a pen?

DK :))

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Use grow in the dark ink :naughty:

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
I used a white correction pen for Braille writing once- but I was very close to the bride.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, if I were to go ALL out, I'd get the response card replicated except with the addition of my response in white. :mrgreen:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This raises my hackles. Want people to send replys? Don't make it ridiculous. I wonder if all their friends have as good a sense of humor as you do, or will they have to end up tracking down responses from half the invitation list.

I'm boring. I'd take a lettersheet of my own paper and write a proper old-fashioned reply.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with JulieN. I would send an old fashioned response, on my own stationary.

For what it's worth, I do think this would be a fun, clever idea for say, a NYE party, with select guest list of like minded friends. This seems be meant to amuse the groom (and bride?)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JulieN|1407546829|3728896 said:
This raises my hackles. Want people to send replys? Don't make it ridiculous. I wonder if all their friends have as good a sense of humor as you do, or will they have to end up tracking down responses from half the invitation list.

I'm boring. I'd take a lettersheet of my own paper and write a proper old-fashioned reply.

Raises mine, too. I'm not even going to say what I really think of someone expecting you to "get creative" with your response card. I don't have a sense of humor when it comes to etiquette, I guess.

I would just use a gold or silver pen.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN|1407546829|3728896 said:

I agree.

But for another idea how about printing out the reply and sticking it on?

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1407537547|3728843 said:
I ended up using clues to figure out our name...which I then wrote in excel code :)

Something like (I'm changing the clues here since I don't want to give my husband's full name on here):

=("Mr. and Mrs."&" "&left([name of drummer from Aerosmith],6)&" "&right([Author of Gone Girl],5))

You are absolutely brilliant! Best RSVP response ever!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I talked to the bride and groom over the weekend (they were at DH's bday party) and they said they didn't think about it when they ordered the invitations. They liked the way they looked but the "reply on black paper" thing didn't cross their mind. So at least they didn't do it on purpose. They are in their mid-40s and a funky couple- going to Burning Man this year and everything. I don't think most of their friends will be bothered by this as much as amused.

nkarma said:
amc80|1407537547|3728843 said:

You are absolutely brilliant! Best RSVP response ever!!!

Thanks! DH didn't get it and thought they wouldn't either. They both work in Excel all day every day, so I knew they'd get it. My boss said that it took him a few minutes and he had to do some googling, but he did figure it out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results