shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a Cuprian Tourmaline! Help, please!

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! That is a beauty! That is an amazing find. Would you mind sharing the vendor and approx price per carat. I love the sugar loaf cabochon and ever since acimon posted her ring I've been lusting after a paraiba.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
MrsM: Thank you for your kind words :)

Freke: Glad to have your seal of approval, you are a CS guru!

Badabling: It was out of RDG's personal collection. They had this and only one other paraiba (it is set in a ring, however). They are selling what is left of their inventory of completed pieces. I just happened to luck out and ask about loose paraibas prior to anyone else. They do not have any others other than that one in the completed ring. I would check out Paraiba International, as they have several paraibas in this size range, but color wise, they are pretty scarce and very pricey.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally worth it! I'd also halo it and wear it as an occasional wear ring. The fact that it is a cabochon helps with the durability factor.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life said:
MrsM: Thank you for your kind words :)

Freke: Glad to have your seal of approval, you are a CS guru!

Badabling: It was out of RDG's personal collection. They had this and only one other paraiba (it is set in a ring, however). They are selling what is left of their inventory of completed pieces. I just happened to luck out and ask about loose paraibas prior to anyone else. They do not have any others other than that one in the completed ring. I would check out Paraiba International, as they have several paraibas in this size range, but color wise, they are pretty scarce and very pricey.

Thank you for the info but who is RDG (sorry newbie here). I can't wait to see how you set it. Pls come back with a ton of pictures.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono: I always was a halo girl ;-)

TL: I do like his pendant that he has with a rose cut halo around it-- I was contemplating it as a pendant, but I wouldn't be abe to enjoy the color as much as I would a ring (albeit, it would be much safer as a pendant). I guess it also helps that I am enamored with rose gold! Would you suggest backing it as it is a cab?

Badabling: RDG is Robinson Designer Goldsmith, they are a jewelry store based out of New Zealand. The owner is retiring and subsequently, they are having a sale on their one of a kind jewelry pieces. They are not a colored stone vendor, I happened to be lucky and got to purchase a loose stone they were planning on keeping for themselves. You might be able to source a paraiba via Leon Mege as well as he has made many rings with them, Acinom in fact, has one from Leon.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is so good that it doesn't need backing. I am a stickler for having backs open to allow for better cleaning.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Gorgeous.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yay!!!! You got it and it's gorgeous!!!!! Wow- that was pretty fast shipping!! Can't wait to see how you set it!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1407513196|3728590 said:
TL: I do like his pendant that he has with a rose cut halo around it-- I was contemplating it as a pendant, but I wouldn't be abe to enjoy the color as much as I would a ring (albeit, it would be much safer as a pendant). I guess it also helps that I am enamored with rose gold! Would you suggest backing it as it is a cab?

I would never suggest backing any gemstone with metal as dirt, moisture and debris will get in there and your jewelry will smell. Leon has also done rose cut diamonds with cabs in rings as well. That pendant design can easily be translated into a ring.

Also make sure that whomever sets it does not put it in an ultrasonic cleaner. Many paraibas are clarity enhanced and that can affect their durability and color. Some jewelers do that to clean the ring after setting it. I learned that the hard way.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Resonance.of.Life :wavey:
Did you decide on how to set your beautiful stone. Any news?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, for the late reply--

I ended up returning the stone to RDG as it was not disclosed to me that it was clarity enhanced. I found out after I got the paraiba GIA certed (I do realize that AGL is the better lab, but I am within driving distance to GIA).

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What kind of enhancement was it. Fracture filled?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear you had to return it :blackeye: It is very beautiful.

Send it me... I don't mind! :naughty:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
MJO: Yes, it was fracture filled. I did not feel that it was safe to set considering it was already inclusion filled as most paraibas are, but to be fracture filled on top of the inclusions that were visible.....

Hotpozzum: haha it's back at his cutter's hands.

I feel like It was not worth what I paid for and now I'm out the GIA report fee too.

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm so sorry to hear of the news, ROL. Is your search still on? Let us know if we can help. :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1416377793|3786256 said:
MJO: Yes, it was fracture filled. I did not feel that it was safe to set considering it was already inclusion filled as most paraibas are, but to be fracture filled on top of the inclusions that were visible.....

I feel like It was not worth what I paid for and now I'm out the GIA report fee too.

Unfortunately, a great deal of them are fracture filled these days. It may be difficult to find one without it. Good luck on your search.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Resonance.Of.Life|1416377793|3786256 said:

I personally think the filling would be fine to set. It's the value I'm not sure of. I don't know the details if it is Brazilian, size or cost. Also cabs are usually much less expensive than faceted.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results