shape
carat
color
clarity

GTKY? Random Questions

Motherofperle

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure I have ever seen a "get to know you" here, but I was hoping to learn more about some of the regs? We do this sometimes on a mom message board I frequent, so hope this isn't me being too nosy.

Where are you from/ where do you live?
What do you do for a living?
What do you do for fun?
Marital status?
Do you have kiddos?
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)?
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones?
How did you come accross PS?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Some of us are willing to post stuff like this on an internet forum, many of us are not. I'm in the second camp. I do post where I am though, Afghanistan. And what I do for fun is I spend too much $$$ on bling because PS corrupts me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and welcome to PS! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Motherofperle|1407418989|3727860 said:
I'm not sure I have ever seen a "get to know you" here, but I was hoping to learn more about some of the regs? We do this sometimes on a mom message board I frequent, so hope this isn't me being too nosy.

Where are you from/ where do you live? California
What do you do for a living? Work at a well known global company
What do you do for fun? Hiking
Marital status? Married
Do you have kiddos? 2
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? Early 40s
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? Only diamonds through living in South Africa, where diamonds were mined.
How did you come accross PS?
too old to remember!

Motherofperle

Rough_Rock
Andelain|1407422706|3727881 said:
Some of us are willing to post stuff like this on an internet forum, many of us are not. I'm in the second camp. I do post where I am though, Afghanistan. And what I do for fun is I spend too much $$$ on bling because PS corrupts me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and welcome to PS! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Thanks!

Yeah, I figured this might be outside of some poster's comfort levels, which I totally understand.

Motherofperle

Rough_Rock
I should probably answer my own questions.

Where are you from/ where do you live? NYC metro
What do you do for a living? I work in fashion wholesale
What do you do for fun? Sleep and spend time with my little one
Marital status? Just filed for divorce-- it's a good thing in my case
Do you have kiddos? one 2.5 year old little girl
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? Mid 30s
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? It's been a lifelong interest that was fuled when I worked for an engagment ring designerHow did you come accross PS?[/quote]
Googling the company I used to work for!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Motherofperle|1407509419|3728554 said:
I should probably answer my own questions.

Where are you from/ where do you live? Chicago
What do you do for a living? dental Hygiene
What do you do for fun? Read
Marital status? Married 34 years
Do you have kiddos? 4, all grown, granddaughter due October
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? Mid 50's
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? I'm an April Baby!
How did you come across PS? Another forum broke up before this one and everyone came here

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Where are you from/ where do you live? Chicago
What do you do for a living? Work too hard for too little pay and zero recognition
What do you do for fun? Read and go to concerts
Marital status? Happily married
Do you have kiddos? 2 furkids
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? mid 40's
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? I've always liked pretty shiny thigs
How did you come accross PS?I was searching for info on asschers during my upgrade process

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Motherofperle!

Where are you from/ where do you live? From Pittsburgh, now reside in Albuquerque
What do you do for a living? Work in retail
What do you do for fun? Jewelry, antiques, cooking, cats, watercolor painting
Marital status? With significant other for 13 yrs
Do you have kiddos? 3, all grown
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? Just turning 50
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? Fascinated with jewelry since age 7
How did you come accross PS? Researching my own diamonds

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you from/ where do you live? From: everywhere it seems. Live: Nor Cal.
What do you do for a living? Commercial Contracts Manager
What do you do for fun? PS, Reading, GTG with friends. Oh.. and napping. When done right, napping is great fun. My hubby and I are foodies as well. :D
Marital status? Married
Do you have kiddos? 6 furry ones.
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? 38 (for another month)
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? Honestly. I inherited it from my grandma.
How did you come accross PS? I was looking to reset my engagement ring.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where are you from/ where do you live? Florida/Florida
What do you do for a living? Sales Management Consumer Products
What do you do for fun? Family, Beach, Reading, Gym, Home Projects, Cruising PS
Marital status? Married
Do you have kiddos? One DD 16, two step kids DD 18, DS 21
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? 51
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? After finding PS
How did you come accross PS? Diamond research after a bad decision for e-ring purchase.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Where are you from/ where do you live? Atlanta area
What do you do for a living? SAHM (President of our school's Foundation, which is like a full time job! :-o )
What do you do for fun? hang out with my family, watch my son play baseball, rare date nights with DH
Marital status? married
Do you have kiddos? 2 (ages, 7 & 9)
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? 41
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? played with my grandmother's collection from the time I could walk
How did you come accross PS? looking for a replacement for my original e-ring, which was lost/stolen

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS motherofperle!

Where are you from/ where do you live? New York more specifically born and raised in Brooklyn and now back living in Brooklyn. Though part time at the Jersey Shore.

What do you do for a living? Optometrist Working (worked status is uncertain right now) at a non profit and examining and treating ocular disease in the DD population.

What do you do for fun? Till this summer long distance cycling was (and hopefully will be again) my and my dh's passion and I hope to get back to it as soon as I can and same for hiking. I also enjoy reading, shopping, and spending time with my dh and furbabies. We have been playing a lot of board games recently as well as watching old movies and foreign films which are another passion of mine.

Marital status? Very happily married and if you knew me 30 years ago you would never in a million years guessed this to be my answer. I was the independent single gal who was never ever getting married. I was most blissfully proven wrong. :appl:

Do you have kiddos? Do 4 furbabies count? And possibly considering a fifth...(no one has yet adopted dear Barney/Kato. :blackeye: )

How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? 48 for one more day that is! In my mind I feel more like 28 though even with feeling physically like 100 with this injury at times. ::)

How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? That's a good question. My mom and dad have always been interested in jewelry and during my childhood my dad bought and even made the most beautiful jewelry for my mom but I didn't really become interested until after my dh (bf at the time) started buying jewelry for me. And the rest as they say is history.

How did you come accross PS? I was resetting my ER for the 2nd or 3rd? time and my dh googled the internet to help me find inspiration and my dh found PS! and I have never looked back LOL. And believe it or not I think I am finally satiated regarding my ER!!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where are you from/ where do you live? central Ohio
What do you do for a living? Project Analyst for an large insurance company
What do you do for fun? read, go to concerts, surf priscescope
Marital status? married for 30 years
Do you have kiddos? 2 boys, ages 17 & 28
How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? 53
How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? life long fascination with shiny things, got my first "real" ring at 12, a 10K yellow gold birthstone ring..which I still have and would wear if I could lol, it needs sized
How did you come accross PS? I don't honestly remember

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hello motherofperle

Where are you from/ where do you live? Born in Ann Arbor MI, lived in Shenandoah Valley Virginia for past 27 years. Quite the culture shock when I moved here. Back then they put lost cow ads in the back of the newspaper. I was charmed. The sense of community is amazing and I enjoy that aspect very much.

What do you do for a living? Data geek who works within a 6 county helping homeless shelters and assistance programs capture statistical data in a homeless information database.

What do you do for fun? Visit friends, wine tasting in area/dining out, paint and draw, read. Pricescope

Marital status? engaged soon

Do you have kiddos? Two - daughter 20 and son 22, one pitbull and one cat.

How old are you (general age range is cool if you don't want to share)? 49

How did you get interested in Jewelry/ Gemstones? I had an aunt that had married a man who would go on to build a chain of very popular pawnshops/jewelry stores around the Michigan area. If you lived in that area in the 80's, you would know him by his wacky commercials. Anyhow, as a teen I would spend time with her at her house and could not help but notice her diamonds. She had very large diamond rings ( I remember one was 3+ ) and remember watching the fire dance around the car in rainbows. I think that is when I caught the bug. As time went on, I was rather financially challenged more times than not. Not to go into the story, but life eventually brought me where I am now. Soon I will be engaged and looking forward to the lovely old cut diamond. I am here to live vicariously and truly appreciate the beautiful gems that grace the persons of these lovely PSers. An added bonus, many of the PSers are gems too.

How did you come across PS? Interweb magic

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results