shape
carat
color
clarity

Sea of Cortez Pearls on Sale!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Pure Pearls is having a sale on Sea of Cortez pearls! Get those credit cards warmed up!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
:naughty:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I 'snagged' the earrings! My rainbow pearls!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I was so excited when I saw this post this morning, but sadly all the blue ones were already sold out. Maybe I'll get lucky at the Ruckus.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1405722223|3716172 said:
I 'snagged' the earrings! My rainbow pearls!
Good for you! That is my perfect size and shape for earring pearls. The colors look fantastic. Please post photos when they arrive. Sea of Cortez pearls are so rare and beautiful. And, if you decide they are too small for you, I'd be happy to take them off your ears...I mean hands. :naughty:

seaofcortezfile_62.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
You snagged a great pair of earrings, Pkinnew. Intense sky blue overtones with rainbow coloration at tips = yum! :lickout: I can't wait to see ear shots.

I wonder if a PS-er got the drop shaped pearl pendant with teal & violet overtones. I'd love to find a SoC pendant with those colors.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Those earrings are fantastically beautiful!!! I can hardly wait for ear shots. (Fly Girl -- thanks for posting the picture.)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am over the moon excited for you pkinnew! They are stunning :love: :love: :love: Since I couldn't get them I am so glad that you did :wavey: Please post lots of photos for us to admire!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! I can't wait to see them in person! Fly Girl - The size was the only thing I was concerned about (I usually wear larger mm) so if they're too small you can take them off my ears!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1405944042|3717487 said:
Thanks all! I can't wait to see them in person! Fly Girl - The size was the only thing I was concerned about (I usually wear larger mm) so if they're too small you can take them off my ears!!!

Thank you so much, pkinnew. I am serious about those earrings, as I love the drop shape and size, and those colors are amazing.

However, I have a feeling you will fall in love with them. ;)) They are so extremely rare. :))

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Douglas told me that with his pearls it is difficult to get matching pair. You scored! :clap:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow! Those earrings are just beautiful !! Fabulous colours! Well done you lucky duck !! :love:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to capture these beauties in pictures but it's not working - YET!

FYI - There are more SOC pearls listed at Pure Pearls...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, please post any and all pictures--I just love others' SoC pearls--goodness know I adore mine!

cheers--Sharon

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up one of the mabes in rose gold for my sister - she loves rose gold and bold colors! I will have to try it out (lol) but it'll be put away for Christmas. Love those pearls!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
Kay|1405791041|3716632 said:
You snagged a great pair of earrings, Pkinnew. Intense sky blue overtones with rainbow coloration at tips = yum! :lickout: I can't wait to see ear shots.

I wonder if a PS-er got the drop shaped pearl pendant with teal & violet overtones. I'd love to find a SoC pendant with those colors.

Hi Kay - I had bought a drop shaped pearl with teal & Violet overtones with the little diamond bail. I am returning it tomorrow, so it should be back available.

I had picked up the dark blue round pendant and am keeping that one. I just don't think I'll wear both, plus I bought a mabe'.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
katkashmir|1406337308|3720746 said:
Kay|1405791041|3716632 said:

Hi Kay - I had bought a drop shaped pearl with teal & Violet overtones with the little diamond bail. I am returning it tomorrow, so it should be back available.

I had picked up the dark blue round pendant and am keeping that one. I just don't think I'll wear both, plus I bought a mabe'.

Hi Katkashmir - thanks for letting me know. That was the pendant I was most interested in, but I picked up 3 loose SoC pearls at the ruckus, so I am done for now. :naughty:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased three from Douglas at the Ruckus. One pearl , cherry/green/purple which Hisano is setting for me into a setting I already had and two mabe`.
I talked to Douglas before the ruckus and asked him to bring up some mabe with either blue/green or red in them. The two I selected had teal/wine/blue qualities. Douglas had them graded and brought several grades in zip lock bags. The large mabe` had a optical illusion besides the great quality of color shifting crazy bright colors. It is so shiny and has the optical illusion of water moving under the surface. I grabbed it up as soon as I saw it. The other smaller mabe has the same colors as the big one and could be made into a two part pendant or two items.

sofctwo.jpg

sofcthree.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover - Your mabes are beautiful and I can't wait to see what your plans are. What mm are they?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Here are pictures of my SOC earrings and the mabe I purchased for my sister. I had a very hard time capturing the colors of the mabe - there are so many (purple, green, blue, magenta)! And you can see these pearls reflect every color around them.

First - The earrings, aqua blue body with rainbow at the top. Note how the bottom of the pearl looks pink because of the shirt I'm wearing today!

_20905.jpg

_20907.jpg

_20908.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Now for the mabe. It's AAA, 14.35 x 17.3 mm in a rose gold setting (she loves rose gold). So reflective and colorful!

_20910.jpg

_20911.jpg

_20912.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
A few more pictures including a neck shot which doesn't get close to showcasing the pearl but at least you get perspective.

_20914.jpg

_20915.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1406809054|3723677 said:
I purchased three from Douglas at the Ruckus. One pearl , cherry/green/purple which Hisano is setting for me into a setting I already had and two mabe`.
I talked to Douglas before the ruckus and asked him to bring up some mabe with either blue/green or red in them. The two I selected had teal/wine/blue qualities. Douglas had them graded and brought several grades in zip lock bags. The large mabe` had a optical illusion besides the great quality of color shifting crazy bright colors. It is so shiny and has the optical illusion of water moving under the surface. I grabbed it up as soon as I saw it. The other smaller mabe has the same colors as the big one and could be made into a two part pendant or two items.

THe colors are outrageously beautiful :love: :love: :love: I can't wait to see how you end up setting these! Congrats and enjoy!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1406825485|3723807 said:
Here are pictures of my SOC earrings and the mabe I purchased for my sister. I had a very hard time capturing the colors of the mabe - there are so many (purple, green, blue, magenta)! And you can see these pearls reflect every color around them.

First - The earrings, aqua blue body with rainbow at the top. Note how the bottom of the pearl looks pink because of the shirt I'm wearing today!

Wow!!! Both are absolutely gorgeous :love: :love: :love: How will you ever give that pendant to your sister? Hopefully sh lives close enough to let you borrow it :mrgreen: Congrats and enjoy!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Your earrings are spectacular, and you are a very nice sister!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I must agree that you are a very nice sister! I love your new earrings on you. The aqua blue plus rainbow effect is gorgeous! :love:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! My sister won't see her present until Christmas and I hope she loves it!!! But if she doesn't...

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
There are more gorgeous SOC pearl pendants on purepearls if you're interested...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The Sea of Cortez web site has had some beautiful offerings lately, including some stunning round blue pearl earrings and rings. They have been going fast.

http://www.perlasshop.com/

I didn't miss my SoC drop shaped earrings a second time. I snapped up these gem quality 9 x 9.4 mm baroque drop rainbow-like silvery Purple-violet-green pair set in 14k yellow gold.

The farm has been hammered by Hurricane Odile this week and escaped with some minor damage. However, Hurricane Polo is set to hit the farm next week. In the meantime, my new pearl earrings are due to be shipped out tomorrow. Best wishes to Douglas and the crew and the beautiful pearl-making oysters.

seaofcortezearrings6.png

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - Gorgeous pearls!!! And the setting is simple and graceful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results