shape
carat
color
clarity

I need a mahenge spinel (its all your fault so please help)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I need a mahenge spinel (its all your fault so please he

Lilmosun,
That's a good choice to scratch the itch temporarily. $500 for a PT/18K setting AND a spinel? Great purchase! I would go ahead and have Prima bring both the oval and rectangular stone to the show since that option is available now. You may kick yourself for purposely limiting your choices later and wonder about the one that got away. Better to have options than only 1 stone to consider. If the pink oval is indeed Prima's choice, you can bet it will not be sitting in inventory for long.

Diane,
I'm not Brit but am British educated, hence I write in a mishmash style of Brit and American English. :cheeky:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock

http://www.thegemtrader.com/Jan%2010%20MSpinel%20Page.htm

A round from 2010!!! Again - a very very good deal!!!

And now you need:

cobalt spinel from Luc Yen, Hot pink and red from Burma and a large pink from Tadschikistan

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1406642684|3722511 said:
Lilmosun,
That's a good choice to scratch the itch temporarily. $500 for a PT/18K setting AND a spinel? Great purchase!

and side diamonds too!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Marlow|1406648237|3722576 said:
http://www.thegemtrader.com/Jan%2010%20MSpinel%20Page.htm

A round from 2010!!! Again - a very very good deal!!!

And now you need:

cobalt spinel from Luc Yen, Hot pink and red from Burma and a large pink from Tadschikistan

Oh my....I can already tell that you are someone I should never attend a gem show with :lol:

But a cobalt spinel ..... :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Glad you all approve of my impulse buy....

I saw it, rushed to contact the seller and bought it within minutes...and then thought "What did I just do? I was supposed to wait!" :doh: But as you guys pointed out, the price made it too hard to pass up. I got notified that its on its way :dance:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My ring arrived today...and I hesitate in posting pictures because none of them come close to doing the ring justice. While the ring is smaller than anything I own, the quality makes it stand out.

The stone is had to describe - changes colors mexican pink to a cerise pink to a neon bubblegum pink. It sparkles like crazy in the light and GLOWS in a near-dark room. The diamonds are good quality too - very sparkly. Maybe I'll look for a stacking ring at some point but it would need to be a very good quality one to match the ring but thin enough so as to not distract.

I can't wait to see what Prima brings...I just hope I don't come home with more than one more :angel:

So for what its worth (the outdoor pictures were evening light) here are my pictures ..the ones on LT better show how it looks in bright light so I included that link again as well.

ring1_60.jpg

ring3_34.jpg

ring4_8.jpg

ring5_21.jpg

http://loupetroop.com/listings/ring...w-gold-and-plat-neon-pink-spinel-diamond-ring

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

"It sparkles like crazy in the light and GLOWS in a near-dark room."

That is what a Mahenge spinel is all about and that is why I love them. I am glad you have one to admire on your finger. :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks LisaRN - I wore it into the office and immediately someone offered to buy it if I decided it was too small...but the more I wear the ring, the more fascinated I am.

DianeM - I really shouldn't have posted the original pictures. Here are two taken from my cell phone before I left for work that are a bit closer. I think the closest of vickygigi's photos is of it unset. If only the stone would photographs as well as the lines in my old hands :doh:

ringoutside1.jpg

ringoutside2.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

withband.jpg

If I am willing to double my investment, I can add this 18k diamond stacking band (1/2 ctw diamonds) :whistle:

I need to stop ;(

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1407021662|3725117 said:
withband.jpg

If I am willing to double my investment, I can add this 18k diamond stacking band (1/2 ctw diamonds) :whistle:

I need to stop ;(

Actually you can stop after you have an appropriate stacker or three stone diamond ring to show of your colored gems. For example you see a gemstone solitaire that you love. But it needs more. The diamond band makes it "more". See? It is all good that way.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1407117762|3725595 said:
Actually you can stop after you have an appropriate stacker or three stone diamond ring to show of your colored gems. For example you see a gemstone solitaire that you love. But it needs more. The diamond band makes it "more". See? It is all good that way.

Then I guess I can stop now :D You are soo right Lisa...now I wonder why I didn't buy one of these a long time ago. It's like breathing new life into my jewelry wardrobe.

First, the seller of the mahenge ring offered me her sapphire ring for a price I honestly couldn't turn down. While I didn't want another "small" ring, I loved the color of the stone and figured worse case I could gift it to my daughter for Christmas. But with the stacking ring, I think I will keep it.

stacksapphire.jpg

Then I paired it up with a ruby ring that hasn't seen as much wear as it deserves.

stackruby.jpg

Then for fun, I stacked the first three rings together and it looks closer to the type of tings I usually wear.
You wouldn't know unless you looked closely that they didn't come together.

stack3_0.jpg

Now I want a white gold diamond stacker :wall: Of course, back to the original topic, I see the Mahenges that Yvonne and Prima picked out next week :whistle: Then I will STOP :D

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock

Lilmosun,
Congrats on your new rings.
I just reviewed this thread and I want to know 'Chantilly' is the one in norther Virginia ? If so, my work place is near the Expo center. I will go there too.
I have a Mahenge spinel, I want to find two green stones to go with it.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes - the Chantilly show is at the Expo in Northern Virginia :)

DianeM - Yes, now I wonder why I didn't buy one years ago instead of putting some rings in storage. I bought it at my local jeweler and its only a partial. After looking at a tray of rings, I realized that you kind of need to see how well it compliments your rings - in terms of diamond quality, stone size, style. In fact, nothing else in my price range came close once I saw this ring - even those that were 50% more. The fact that all you see are the sparkly diamonds makes it completely versatile.

I thought the price was reasonable given the quality of the diamonds and that it was 18k. He often runs into me at the gem shows so volunteered that if I found one of similar quality at the gem show for less, he would take it back - although I probably wouldn't since I doubt I would fund one that much cheaper.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results