shape
carat
color
clarity

How men view women using the Hot/Crazy matrix

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO funny! And I love the part at the end when he makes the chart about how women view men!

https://www.google.com/#q=hot+crazy+matrix

ETA: Feel free to skip the first 40 seconds, it's just the two guys introducing themselves. Go right to the matrix!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. "This area is strippers, red heads, and girls named Tiffany." Hahaha!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1406848505|3724077 said:
That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. "This area is strippers, red heads, and girls named Tiffany." Hahaha!

Seriously -- I laughed so hard at that!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol, he'd better be rich because he certainly isn't cute....LOL!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was worried for a moment and thought he was saying girls who buy from TIFFANY! :bigsmile: :loopy:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: I had to share this on my FB wall. Too funny!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this DeeJay. This is too funny! Can't wait to show my husband.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's hilarious!

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
I really cracked up on the unicorn part. Hot and not crazy do not exist. "If you find a unicorn capture it humanely".

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Love this, especially the part about girls named Tiffany, since there is a cray cray girl at work that fits the description to a T

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a former redhead, born into a family of redheads, I can verify this is all true.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
It's pretty obvious that men want women with boundaries, so sex is easier/crazier/wilder.

But that lack of boundaries extends to all kinds of other crazy behavior. :errrr:

So, yeah, what'd they expect?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'm the only one who didn't find it funny :confused:
I know that it's meant to be a joke (I think), but it sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy said:
Maybe I'm the only one who didn't find it funny :confused:
I know that it's meant to be a joke (I think), but it sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm glad someone else spoke up. I found the whole thing hugely sexist. I can see the humor, too, but most of it bothers me. It implies that women have value to men only for their perceived hotness. "Crazy" is also a very gendered insult, and can be offensive to people with mental health issues.

I know the video is supposed to be lighthearted, but ever since I started reading social justice blogs, I see casual discrimination everywhere, and it's no longer funny to me.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry anyone was offended by this. Posted purely in the intrest of humor.

(signed) A Unicorn

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1407256107|3726512 said:

(signed) A Unicorn

+1 from another unicorn!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

(signed) A Unicorn

I'm not really offended and I guess that I can see some humor in it.
It's just that I don't care for the whole rating-women-by-numbers thing. What I really find interesting is that there have been other threads that bash stuff like this (judging women based on their appearances), but it goes over just fine here. Maybe because it's a joke?
Anyway, no harm done =)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1407258590|3726536 said:

(signed) A Unicorn

I'm not really offended and I guess that I can see some humor in it.
It's just that I don't care for the whole rating-women-by-numbers thing. What I really find interesting is that there have been other threads that bash stuff like this (judging women based on their appearances), but it goes over just fine here. Maybe because it's a joke?
Anyway, no harm done =)

I think that's the key. It's a joke. And, in all fairness, men are rated by numbers at the end of the video as well.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I guess that I must have missed the part at the end of the video where the men are rated by number. My DH actually showed me this video last night and it didn't include anything about rating the men at the end.
Funny part is, rating men would be far more complicated because of all of the variables involved :lol:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Sexist jokes that reinforce derogatory gender stereotypes perpetuate those harmful stereotypes and contribute to the normalization of denigrating women. Jokes that make fun of an already marginalized group are not funny, they are part of the cultural fabric that keeps that group down.
The trans person bashing they included was also special.
As for the part at the end where they also did a chart for women, yeah, still crapping on women with tired tropes.

"Your responsibility to date hot bitches never ends." Nice.

Imagine the same joke, but with all black people being graded on a "poor-criminal" index. Racist as all f*ck, right?

Here comes the science ...
http://www.livescience.com/2005-study-sexist-humor-joke.html

I find it interesting that this joke was posted on Tactical Response, which appears to be a pro-gun and shooting youtube channel. Mixing guns and misogyny rarely ends well.
Of women killed with a firearm, almost two-thirds of were killed by their intimate partners.
Access to firearms increases the risk of intimate partner homicide more than five times more than in instances where there are no weapons, according to a recent study. In addition, abusers who possess guns tend to inflict the most severe abuse on their partners.
http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/userfiles/file/Children_and_Families/Guns.pdf
I have no wish to start yet another fruitless gun debate here. I just found the intersection of the sexist joke posted on a gun channel unsurprising.

George Carlin: "I believe you can joke about anything, it all depends on how you construct the joke, what the exaggeration is."
So, make fun of the sexism, but don't make fun of all women as some monolith that is only valued for their f*uckability.

Here is the great Wanda Sykes demonstrating how to punch up instead of punching down with a joke about a topic that most would not find funny. Rape.
Wanda Sykes: "That’s a lot of ****ing pressure, and I would like a break. You know what would make my life so much easier, ladies wouldn’t you love this? Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our pussies were detachable?"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5pjSRSLGQ
NSFW. Mature topic and some swearing.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JaneSmith|1407264405|3726613 said:
Sexist jokes that reinforce derogatory gender stereotypes perpetuate those harmful stereotypes and contribute to the normalization of denigrating women. Jokes that make fun of an already marginalized group are not funny, they are part of the cultural fabric that keeps that group down.
The trans person bashing they included was also special.
As for the part at the end where they also did a chart for women, yeah, still crapping on women with tired tropes.

"Your responsibility to date hot bitches never ends." Nice.

Imagine the same joke, but with all black people being graded on a "poor-criminal" index. Racist as all f*ck, right?

Here comes the science ...
http://www.livescience.com/2005-study-sexist-humor-joke.html

I find it interesting that this joke was posted on Tactical Response, which appears to be a pro-gun and shooting youtube channel. Mixing guns and misogyny rarely ends well.
Of women killed with a firearm, almost two-thirds of were killed by their intimate partners.
Access to firearms increases the risk of intimate partner homicide more than five times more than in instances where there are no weapons, according to a recent study. In addition, abusers who possess guns tend to inflict the most severe abuse on their partners.
http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/userfiles/file/Children_and_Families/Guns.pdf
I have no wish to start yet another fruitless gun debate here. I just found the intersection of the sexist joke posted on a gun channel unsurprising.

George Carlin: "I believe you can joke about anything, it all depends on how you construct the joke, what the exaggeration is."
So, make fun of the sexism, but don't make fun of all women as some monolith that is only valued for their f*uckability.

Here is the great Wanda Sykes demonstrating how to punch up instead of punching down with a joke about a topic that most would not find funny. Rape.
Wanda Sykes: "That’s a lot of ****ing pressure, and I would like a break. You know what would make my life so much easier, ladies wouldn’t you love this? Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our pussies were detachable?"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5pjSRSLGQ
NSFW. Mature topic and some swearing.

Not only does it make fun of all women as a homogenous group, as you say, but it also stereotypes men as only thinking about casual sex and not caring about anything else (aka, devoid of feelings, maturity, etc). Reinforcing this mentality is not good for either men or women.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Yes indeed, Lady D.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Misogyny is ugly and wrong.
No doubt!
It's also still a real problem in America.
No doubt!
The 'teacher' in the video was an extreme misogynist.
No doubt!

Regardless, I LOVED the video Dee*Jay posted.
I found it hilarious.

I'll bet the vast majority of its 1,880,354 views are from people who are NOT misogynist.
They just enjoyed the comedy and forwarded it to friends so they could also enjoy this pathetic little man making a fool of himself.
Like Fred Phelp's "GOD HATES FAGS!" picket signs this video does more to expose and stamp out a social wrong than it does to perpetuate it.
Sure, a few gun-toting cavemen will like the message but IMO overall the vid does way more good than harm.

People vary.
Senses of humor vary.
Some people find it funny, some don't.
No problem if you don't find it funny.
But please do not net nanny to censor PS to keep it dull, safe and lowest-common-denominator. :snore:

Please don't condemn us for laughing at the clown.
Don't worry, such videos are NOT going to make any PS member more misogynist.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, people, listen: I posted this because it made me laugh. Here, IN MY WORLD, this is FUNNY. On PLANET DEE this is HUMOR.

It is a video making fun of a group of which I am one BTW. I am not making fun of a group to which I do not belong (well, alright, I am not a redhead, a stripper, a hairdresser or a woman named Tiffany -- or TIffanI, as would be more appropriate given the context).

If finding this funny makes me a bad person, so be it. That being said, I don't think I've ever posted any sort of video before (that I can recall off the top of my head, although I suppose I could be wrong -- and if I am wrong I'm sure someone will leap at the chance to dig up one of my old posts and correct me), and I assure you I will never post another one.

People need to pull up their big girl panties and get on with it.

(Not you Kenny, you and your under-roos are OK by me.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1407269065|3726655 said:
I don't think I've ever posted any sort of video before ... and I assure you I will never post another one.

Great.
The intolerant net nannies have won. :nono:

Everyone, from now on should only post pic of baskets of kittens. :roll:

screen_shot_2014-08-05_at_1.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1407269476|3726661 said:
Dee*Jay|1407269065|3726655 said:
I don't think I've ever posted any sort of video before ... and I assure you I will never post another one.

Great.
The intolerant net nannies have won. :nono:

Everyone, from now on only post pic of baskets of kittens. :roll:

No Kenny, not baskets of kittens! One of them might fall out of the basket, which would make me laugh, and then I would get cited for being an animal hater or being in favor of cruelty or something!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I'm really in trouble!!!

kitten.png

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1407268177|3726643 said:
No doubt!
No doubt!
No doubt!

I found it hilarious.

I'll bet the vast majority of its 1,880,354 views are from people who are NOT misogynist.
They just enjoyed the comedy and forwarded it to friends so they could also enjoy this pathetic little man making a fool of himself.
Like Fred Phelp's "GOD HATES FAGS!" picket signs this video does more to expose and stamp out a social wrong than it does to perpetuate it.
Sure, a few gun-toting cavemen will like the message but IMO overall the vid does way more good than harm.

People vary.
Senses of humor vary.
But please do not net nanny to censor PS to keep it dull, safe and lowest-common-denominator
. :snore:

Good GAWD... +100000000000 :wall:

Nothing like some Debbie-downers to make a mountain out of a molehill when it's clearly a joke -- and a HILARIOUS one, at that. :lol: There's this thing called a sense of humor... get one, for they are nice to have. ;)) Life is much better when we can laugh at ourselves! :))

Thanks for posting this Dee*Jay!! I have been laughing since I watched it, and it's going straight on my FB page!! :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1407269713|3726664 said:
kenny|1407268177|3726643 said:
No doubt!
No doubt!
No doubt!

I found it hilarious.

People vary.
Senses of humor vary.
But please do not net nanny to censor PS to keep it dull, safe and lowest-common-denominator
. :snore:

Good GAWD... +100000000000 :wall:

Nothing like some Debbie-downers to make a mountain out of a molehill when it's clearly a joke -- and a HILARIOUS one, at that. :lol: There's this thing called a sense of humor... get one, for they are nice to have. ;)) Life is much better when we can laugh at ourselves! :))

Uhm yeah.
That was my point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results