• option 3

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I've been back and forth on settings:

1. my three stone idea with green stones is too colorful for regular wear
2. contemplated a solitaire but too plain and common in my part of the world
3. budget currently stands at 200-250usd, and my previous setting choices came up high (too many stone setting parts).

so I'm rethinking it, please vote:

1. three stone with white topaz sides
il_570xn_69.jpg

2. milgrain standalone bezel (not sure yet how I feel about this, as compared to a halo with stones)
il_570xn_70.jpg

3. accept that 9mm is substantial enough on its own (that's 10mm in the photo)
il_570xn_71.jpg

other suggestions you think will work are welcome!
ps. all photos from onegarnetgirl

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
9mm Portuguese cut rose de france ammy in question. help determine its fate!

img_2685.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful amethyst! I like the three stone, but with smaller side stones for a center that large. Like maybe 4-4.5 mm ... So the center can really stand out

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Pretty pretty ammy. Doesn't look like the poll is still open, but my vote is No. 2. Or 3. I like the 2nd bezel more, though. It is big enough to stand on its own, and the Rose de France color is so delicate, I would let it show itself off alone. Your budget isn't likely to stretch to include diamonds & I'd be concerned that any other color would overwhelm that lovely subtle amethyst. Rose gold is super with it. Whatever you do, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

--- Laurie

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I just can't figure out PS sometimes! the uploading and admin.. I thought the poll would remain open forever but thanks for commenting!! :appl:

JoCoJenn said:
Beautiful amethyst! I like the three stone, but with smaller side stones for a center that large. Like maybe 4-4.5 mm ... So the center can really stand out

JoCoJenn, thanks for bumping up the other thread! I'd be interested to find out what you go with, if your project is starting soon.. and yes I was thinking about something small, just that I have nothing to visualise this with :(

JewelFreak said:
Pretty pretty ammy. Doesn't look like the poll is still open, but my vote is No. 2. Or 3. I like the 2nd bezel more, though. It is big enough to stand on its own, and the Rose de France color is so delicate, I would let it show itself off alone. Your budget isn't likely to stretch to include diamonds & I'd be concerned that any other color would overwhelm that lovely subtle amethyst. Rose gold is super with it. Whatever you do, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

--- Laurie

thanks Laurie!! I would probably do it in silver and then get it plated in gold. I feel like it should stand alone too, but my tastes seem to run to the more complicated :???:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1407238210|3726352 said:

--- Laurie

Another vote for #2 or #3, in rose gold.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1407238210|3726352 said:

I agree with all of this and have voted for #2 because it's just that little bit different.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results