shape
carat
color
clarity

Convertible eternity ring

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
And now for something completely different: If you can't decide between rubies and sapphires for your diamond-enriched eternity ring, how about a convertible ring with diamond lines that swivel? Just saw this on 1stdibs, from Bentley & Skinner, also credited as the creator. 25412v2_l.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's innovation for you! It's nice looking too. Kind of cool.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It seems overly complicated to me. Why not extend the diamonds all around instead of adding more complexity with the hinges and the (gorgeously done) gentle taper of the diamond semi rings? I would also worry about the spin factor.

However, the craftsmanship is beautiful. The taper is beautiful and I just love some well cut ajour.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Known as a flip ring they can sometimes also be found with emeralds on one side. Lovely example though... did you buy it?

ETA: I remembered seeing this sometime ago so went hunting, it's still available at The Three Graces
http://www.rubylane.com/item/161033-15106/1925-Flip-Kinetic-Diamond-Ruby-Sapphire

There are three movable parts - and each has diamonds on the other side - sooo many choices! Go to the link to see more :bigsmile:

flip-ring.png

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love that! Gorgeous, fun, varied and well made. Beautiful!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
With limited finger space, I didn't buy either of these rings; I vastly prefer the 1925 bull's-eye one!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen this before and think it's a pretty neat idea - wasn't this a thing in the 80's? :read:

Starzin, I've never seen a ring like that before and I think that is such a cool idea! Perfect for someone like me who becomes bored looking at the same ring over time lol!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Flip rings go back to the early part of the 20th century - Google flip ring and look at the images :))

No, I hadn't seen one quite like this when I saw it some time ago, so I did the Google image thing to find it again.

Biddy... such a shame :((

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
A few months ago I linked to what I think is that same flip ring, but back then it was at Three Graces, where it had been for years.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-and-diamond-eternity-ring-emerald-cuts-only.202144/#p3677494']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-and-diamond-eternity-ring-emerald-cuts-only.202144/#p3677494[/URL]

Today Three Graces does not have it. I imagine the owner grew tired of having it on eternal consignment.

I love the target flip ring!!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so you did VL! Yes, I rather like the target flip ring too :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results