shape
carat
color
clarity

When you were pregnant what kind of food..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
were you craving for?

With DD #1 my wife was craving for lobster everyday... :-o :$$):
With DD #2 she kept on craving for Taco Bell.. :clap: :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Raspberry slushies but it was a brutally hot summer here in the 3 months just before he was born. And sushi because you can't eat it when you are pregnant.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
With my first one I had a thing for grilled stuffed burritos from taco bell-now I would never eat one. With #2 it was homemade hot chocolate daily, #3 it was Stouffers macaroni and cheese.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
With DD#1 it was the Pop Ice popsicles.
With DD#2 it was Buffalo Wild Wings fried pickles.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I craved any sort of tomato products (marinara sauce, tomato juice, etc.) during my pregnancies. I loathed chicken :nono:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never craved weird food

But I got pica for both . I'm new in this pregnancy so it's just starting, but last time I had the hugest craving for ice. I'd go to stores and gas stations just for ice chunks . I'd make ice in the freezer and blend it. I also had huge cravings for powder dish detergent and asphalt of all things! But of course I never ate those . Just because I had pica doesn't mean I didn't know better :lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Nothing, I'm still kind of hating food, but it's starting to get a little better at 16 weeks. I didn't vomit at all but everything sounds and tastes so disgusting the thought of a lot of food would make me gag. It makes me sad because I normally love food. Mealtimes make me wanna cry because it's so frustrating. Chicken is especially disgusting to me... for about 2 months, I couldn't even read the word on a menu because it made me dry heave.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwiches. I could eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. Yikes.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I loved Chilis fajitas and hot fudge sundaes from McDonalds. Other than that, I hated all food when I was pregnant. Morning sickness is awful!

I still have an aversion to certain smells from years ago when I was pregnant.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
verdolaga_de_exportacion_producmec_4.jpg

Verdolagas in Spanish, purslane in English. Cook them up in a serrano chile sauce, serve with pork and rice. They're very nutritious, and I craved them something awful. Whenever I waddled up to the produce shop, the clerk would just smile and ask, "Sus verdolagas, senora?" (Your purslane, ma'am?)

That and curried chicken. Curried anything.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mexican and plain m&m's w/London. Hard b/c there were no Mexican places nearby, we had to drive an hour to the city. Funnily enough, a place that had been working on a closed restaurant in town opened up the day after we brought her home from the hospital, so i was able to indulge easily. Chinese w/Trapper. I'd had Chinese like four times in my life before I got pg w/him. I bet I averaged 5 days a week eating there while pg. Luckily there is an incredible place in town.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I ate tons of spicy food when pregnant with my son...Thai food, Korean food, Mexican good...the spicier the better. He loves spicy food at 12 years old...in fact he started eating really spicy food around 3 (tobasco and eggs). When pregnant with my daughter, I practically ate a pie a day. My hubby had to stop off at a Marie Callandars, or Polly's pies after work to pick up my pie of choice. Needless to say, I gained a crazy amount of weight. Thankfully my daughter is pretty athletic and lean at 10 years of age. I hope I didn't help grow her fat cells in the womb!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Krispy Kreme Chocolate Iced Glazed donuts. But only one. Then a few days later I would make the 20 minute drive and buy one again...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Son #1 was ice cream I would have eaten it breakfast, lunch and dinner if I thought I could lol

Son#2 was oranges and cheesecake...not together lol

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1 DD It was salami and cheese on a toasted onion bagel... Couldn't imagine eating it now!!!

#2 DS Ice cream.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
DS- fruit. Also, sandwiches with vinegar on them. Lots of vinegar.

This pregnancy- salads. Big, giant salads. One of my favorite foods - pizza - sounds totally gross. We ordered some last week and I took one night and just couldn't do it.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I've never been pregnant, but I've often been told by my mother that if I was what she ate when she was pregnant with me, then I am 100% comprised of Peanut Buster Parfaits from Dairy Queen. :lol:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For both of my pregnancies, I hated for for the first 12weeks. I think I survived on gummy bears and water. After that I didn't have cravings but my husband did! One week would be Indian, another week Mexican. He ate enough for both me and the fetus.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to draw a stick girl w/a big round circle tummy and a little stick baby inside and the stick baby would have a word balloon to say what we were hungry for that day. I'd leave them on the fridge for JD before I left for work.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1406996142|3724966 said:
Nothing, I'm still kind of hating food, but it's starting to get a little better at 16 weeks. I didn't vomit at all but everything sounds and tastes so disgusting the thought of a lot of food would make me gag. It makes me sad because I normally love food. Mealtimes make me wanna cry because it's so frustrating. Chicken is especially disgusting to me... for about 2 months, I couldn't even read the word on a menu because it made me dry heave.

I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations - hang in there - it will get better!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1406992633|3724932 said:

But I got pica for both . I'm new in this pregnancy so it's just starting, but last time I had the hugest craving for ice. I'd go to stores and gas stations just for ice chunks . I'd make ice in the freezer and blend it. I also had huge cravings for powder dish detergent and asphalt of all things! But of course I never ate those . Just because I had pica doesn't mean I didn't know better :lol:

Congrats to you too Niel - all these babies coming to PS!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MissGotRocks|1407065922|3725295 said:

Congrats to Niel and FK! Hang in there, it does get better and it is worth it!!

With DS, it was more about aversions than cravings...smells really got to me, especially chicken. Gag!
With DD, I craved chocolate bridge mix (basically, chocolate covered mixed nuts, caramel, pretzels, etc.)...strangely enough, before this pg, I never really liked chocolate. Heaven help DH if I wanted bridge mix and the store was out of it!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1407072430|3725326 said:
MissGotRocks|1407065922|3725295 said:

Congrats to Niel and FK! Hang in there, it does get better and it is worth it!!

With DS, it was more about aversions than cravings...smells really got to me, especially chicken. Gag!
With DD, I craved chocolate bridge mix (basically, chocolate covered mixed nuts, caramel, pretzels, etc.)...strangely enough, before this pg, I never really liked chocolate. Heaven help DH if I wanted bridge mix and the store was out of it!!

Thanks guys!

I definitely have aversions . My husband bought some kind of cheese itz. Like this new kind of cracker cheese itz, anyways....just tlooking at the box makes me queasy

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watermelon-it was sweet, cool and wet. Oatmeal. Tuna fish sandwiches on toast (I know canned tuna is bad when you are pregnant). Scrambled egg sandwiches on toast. Frozen Italian lemonade.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
With all 3, anything salty, but especially green olives. I could not get enough of them.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Niel, has your doctor checked you for anemia? Craving ice is a sign of low iron.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Milk, which I otherwise cannot stand, and lobster, which we were too poor to afford on a regular basis at the time. My mother (who loves lobster) had the unspeakable nerve to suggest I "make a PB&J sandwich and THINK about it being lobster." :angryfire:

Fast fwd about 4 years ... she was whining and guilting her hubby into going out for fresh lobsters to steam (and they weren't in a great place financially), so I kindly dished back her own advice. :D

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
texaskj|1407202752|3726151 said:
Niel, has your doctor checked you for anemia? Craving ice is a sign of low iron.
Yeah they did .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well ladies?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you having any sympathy cravings while your wife was pg DF?:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results