shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this cocktail ring dated?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there such a thing as dated cocktail rings? I have the chance to but this ring at a great deal. The price itself is less than the diamonds if the stone turns out to be synthetic. I have a 30 day return period. So the question is, does the ring look dated?
And if it is, at what price would it be a steal if I intend to reset the stones into an eternity? image_2065.jpg image_2064.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sooooooo cool! Not sure if it's dated.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it looks dated. I like it.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely no! It's gorgeous :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it. Not sure if it's dated. I actually thought it looks like the Diana/Kate ring with a twist and that ring is definitely not dated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS. :love:
I don't know if is dated or not but personally that wouldn't matter in the least to me. I love this ring and would wear it happily! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, I think it's beautiful! I am really into this style of ring and have been looking at ones with rubies lol! I don't think it's dated, but even if some people thought it was it wouldn't bother me. If you love it, I say go for it!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is NOT dated!! It is gorgeous. I was looking at rings like this one, but I already have a sapphire and diamond ring that I wear :appl: :appl: on my left hand. I love the way that the diamonds are set around the sapphire.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I personally think it IS dated, and what I mean by that is you can approximate the timeframe that it was de regueur. Now, that said, I think jewelry is the one item that never goes out of style. You can get away with wearing any style of jewelry without people finding it odd than you would, say, clothing. Art deco era or 1960s clothing are a little harder to pull off without raising an eyebrow than a ring of the same style.

I say wear that ring with sass and in good health! It's fabulous, even if it is apparent it wasn't made last week! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yep, it's very dated. Out of style, gaudy, not very pretty at all. Since you wouldn't want to wear such an ugly thing, why not just send it to me for disposal. That way you'll never have to look at the thing again..... :errrr:

Except in the pics I post, that is. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :naughty:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
RetroTreeGal|1407085946|3725423 said:
I personally think it IS dated, and what I mean by that is you can approximate the timeframe that it was de regueur. Now, that said, I think jewelry is the one item that never goes out of style. You can get away with wearing any style of jewelry without people finding it odd than you would, say, clothing. Art deco era or 1960s clothing are a little harder to pull off without raising an eyebrow than a ring of the same style.

I say wear that ring with sass and in good health! It's fabulous, even if it is apparent it wasn't made last week! :appl:

Hmmmm… I can think of certain styles of jewelry that might be considered to be out of style. For example, jewelry settings of black hills gold and/or opals were very popular in the 80's as were omega choker-style necklaces with slide pendants, but I think that many people might find them to be out of style today. I agree with you that jewelry (in general) never goes out of style, but I think certain styles phase in and out making them more or less desirable. This, of course, is not to say that everyone feels the same way - different strokes for different folks, so people should wear what makes them happy =)
As far as the ring in this thread, no, it doesn't look particularly outdated to me. It's pretty and you wear it well:)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would make a beautiful pendant.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1407084206|3725413 said:
I love it, I think it's beautiful! I am really into this style of ring and have been looking at ones with rubies lol! I don't think it's dated, but even if some people thought it was it wouldn't bother me. If you love it, I say go for it!

Well said!

cheers--Sharon

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
It looks beautiful and not old fashioned in the least.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think it is not so much about what is in Style at the moment but what your personal Style is and whether it is You and it fits in your collection and wardrobe. Even then mixing can be cool too, I love mixing something art deco in my otherwise modern designed jewelry collection. I also love wearing melon orange or yellow in the fall and they would typically be considered Spring colors. Whatever You can pull off. It is personally not my taste, had one, sold it but this ring is much prettier and I am no longer a fan of blue stones and this also matters; we change and our tastes change. If You love it, Buy it and enjoy, it is a nice example of this style.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If by dated you mean "out of style," not at all. The ballerina style has been around for hundreds of years, but that doesn't mean it's dated, out of style, etc. I'm a big fan of cocktail pieces, and especially the ballerina ring and the insert guard rings. To me, they are the icing on the cake when dressing up.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your replies. I am so excited about this ring but I was unsure of it because I wasn't exactly looking for one, but I fell in love with it at first sight. Your responses helped me justify the purchase to my hubby, who said it looked like costume jewelry and was totally opposed. When I showed him this thread, he gave the go ahead! The best part is that I really don't own a cocktail ring so this will be my go-to for special occasions!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cocktail rings are back IN fashion at the moment and that is a pretty (not an ugly one)!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results