shape
carat
color
clarity

Big purse, small purse, or no purse? What do you carry?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually carry a small to medium size cross body bag. I like to be hands free.
Contents of purse include wallet, phone, checkbook, receipts, lipgloss, pen and small spiral
notebook (like 2 1/2 by 4 inches).

I usually keep my keys on a lanyard around my neck. I no longer have to dig for my keys! Yeah!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
During the week I have a large backpack. Due to my long commute I really have no other option, I need a proper backpack to save my back! It carries laptop, wallet, A4 folder of papers, book to read on train, phone, travel pillow (godsend for 4 hour daily ride!) and usually a water bottle/lunch too. Yes I do look kind of like a turtle lugging this all around but seem to need it all. :(sad

On the weekends I throw my phone & wallet into my mid-size Oroton handbag which easily carried and fairly lightweight by comparison! :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1396895911|3649085 said:
Med-Large bag with crossbody option.

me too!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends, but I always try to carry only the bare essentials. I have bad shoulders, so I can't do a heavy bag anymore. Plus I'm so clumsy I'm always hitting things in stores with my purse or getting straps hooked on things. My oldest daughter walks behind me straightening up after me! :rodent:

In the summer when it's hot and very humid, I like to just carry my keys and an ID wallet in a leather wristlet. I keep stuff in my car so I don't have to carry it with me too. For the rest of the year I just rotate between 3-4 basic black/neutral Coach bags and 1 older Brighton bag. I like soft supple leather. I've never carried much in my purses, even in high school.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple of purses, never manage to carry one.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I carry a floral patterned fabric bag sort of like the one in the picture. Its fairly large. I have tried all sorts of bags and in the end, I usually gravitate towards fabric bags because they are so light! I usually carry just my wallet and cell phone and keys, but the size of the bag allows me to also carry kids stuff like snacks and diapers, or shopping items or my lunch. Its very multi-purpose and I rarely carry anything else.

fashion-woman-lady-girl-s-colorful-flower.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1397154661|3651283 said:
I carry a floral patterned fabric bag sort of like the one in the picture. Its fairly large. I have tried all sorts of bags and in the end, I usually gravitate towards fabric bags because they are so light! I usually carry just my wallet and cell phone and keys, but the size of the bag allows me to also carry kids stuff like snacks and diapers, or shopping items or my lunch. Its very multi-purpose and I rarely carry anything else.

+1 for fabric!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I used to carry very very very LARGE totes and satchels. I've went down in size to medium/large cross body satchel/boston bag-ish bag now... its been the perfect size yet (size comparison with 14" kermit pillow) unnamed-2_3.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I like to carry mid sized two handled bags, I guess a tote style. I've been wanting the chanel Grand shopping tote for a long time but prices keep going up, I think it's $ 2,900, plus tax and it's out of reach for now. Last valentines I got two kate spade bags that greatly resemble the Chanel GST during the 75% off sale at katespade.com. I got them in black and cream for $199 each which is much more doable for my budget!

_16867.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As small as possible. I carry my cell phone, a card holder (with ID, some cash and 2 credit cards), keys, some lipstick. If I am alone, my iPod gets thrown in as well.

I have a medium bag (about the size of a large hardcover book) for when I have to run errands and carry stuff around.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyCheeks, I have the same bag in purple. It's great.

I love seeing all of the photos. It's a no gym day for me so I'm carrying my medium size go-to bag. I've had it for 15 years now and it's still going strong. Coach Hamptons satchel.

20140411_113447-1.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I currently use a wristlet. It allows me to keep my cards, cash, and keys all in one place, and I can toss it in the diaper bag or take it one its own if I am not taking the kids out with me.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Small nylon backpack from Mountain Equipment Co-op with compartments. I'll even take it to the company Xmas party. Drives people crazy, but I'm beyond caring.

Nice bags here though...

jennifer91

Rough_Rock
I just carry only few things like keys, phone and cards etc, so I just use only hand bag....

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Right now I carry and love love my Louis Vuitton Marylebone :)

_21013.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No purse.

I have a small cell phone case. (the belt clip kind so no fancy wallet or anything)
It holds my drivers' license, debit cards, credit card, and a bit of cash.
That is all I take with me anywhere. Keys directly in my pocket.

I will admit that I have hair ties, hair brush, nail clippers, tweezers, sewing kit, first aid kit, tissues, feminine products, sunscreen, note pad, pens, chap stick, etc in the car.....
Since the car is usually with me if I'm not at home, I do just fine.

For school, I carry a small laptop bag. It holds my Surface, mini-pack of tissues, feminine product, hard candy (for cough), pen/paper, and a calculator.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Monarch - I lol'd at the diaper bag/ wristlets combo ... that's me, too most days. When I'm sans kiddo, I used to carry a smallish Longchamp bag (just big enough for wallet, keys, and a book), or a Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Bag if I needed to toss a package or something in there. But since trying the wristlet ... I can't go back! My phone lets me carry a while library now, and I can stuff my keys in a pocket, so why weigh myself down? I carry enough ballast as it is, considering all the potential necessities one totes with a toddler.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I move between two bags in the summer, both on the smaller end of the spectrum. This is a the Garden Party which is a great mini tote.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My purse is a small to medium sized, for my wallet, Kindle, etc. But if I am going somewhere like an amusement park or other "day activity" I'll carry a crossbody and pare down my wallet into the bare minimum alternative.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Longchamp medium size Le Pliage. I also have a couple of Mulberry bags (Bayswater and Alexa) and a few others like Gerard Darel and Cartier but hardly ever use them. I used to think that I would never carry a Longchamps bag because you see everyone carrying them, but it turns out they are so lightweight compared to all my other bags, it's much better for the shoulders!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results