shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Whiteflash 36" platinum DBTY necklace!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful piece! I love the length on you!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1406508372|3721692 said:
Thanks so much, cflutist, thecat, Andelain, Vampira, Missy, Rosebloom, Mayk, and DF! :wavey: I just wish the pictures did justice to the necklace!

Andelain..I think you should pull an Andelain! ;))

Great length - It's elegant yet could be worn in every situation from dressy to casual [in other words I would never take it off!]... and the chain, bezels and diamond size all complement each other so well.
We may all pull an Andelain after seeing this :appl:

Shimmer45

Rough_Rock
This is so beautiful. I love the doubled look. :appl:

Xzuix

Rough_Rock
Very nice !! :love: :drool:

kjessop

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous necklace! I love it doubled up... I am inspired to get my own now! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your kind comments Callie, valmanin, LLJsmom, Evangeline, chiquitapet, Jimmianne, Shimmer, jeniroquai, and kjessop!

I do think this is a piece that can be worn almost all the time, and I think they are beautiful with any size diamonds! I do recommend 10 pointers and up, though, because I have a shorter one with 7 point stones and they are just not large enough for a long chain, in my opinion. Hope to see some more of these posted!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Great necklace DS! :love:

That's interesting about the rhodium plating. I know exactly what you mean about platinum looking a little dull. Great thought! Maybe I'll ask WF to do the same for my re-sets.

Thanks for the tip DS! :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous Jan! So glad that you went for it and are happy with the result! I know you will wear it for many years in good health and happiness!! :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1406596382|3722232 said:
Great necklace DS! :love:

That's interesting about the rhodium plating. I know exactly what you mean about platinum looking a little dull. Great thought! Maybe I'll ask WF to do the same for my re-sets. Can't wait to see your new creations!

Thanks for the tip DS! :bigsmile:

Thanks, Starry!!! Yes, somewhere along the line I thought of it since I'd be wearing the necklace with an 18k wg necklace and I didn't want it to look dull. So I am glad if the tip helped you!

yennyfire said:
It is gorgeous Jan! So glad that you went for it and are happy with the result! I know you will wear it for many years in good health and happiness!! :love: :appl:

Yenny! :wavey: Thanks so much! It took me awhile to do it, but I am glad I did!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Loving this .. so versatile as well!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, could you further elaborate on how you put this beautiful thing together?
Did you collect diamonds? or order them all at once from WF?
How did you decide length, space between diamonds and diamond size?

Were these easy decisions or did you agonize a bit over the details?

too many questions! =)
but thanks in advance if you have time to write about your process....

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW...such a beautiful staple necklace DS. I'm happy that you finally have it as I know you have contemplated getting one for a while now. It looks great on you too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Charmy and BrightIce! I definitely think you need one, Brightice!!! :bigsmile:

Jimmianne said:
DS, could you further elaborate on how you put this beautiful thing together?
Did you collect diamonds? or order them all at once from WF?
How did you decide length, space between diamonds and diamond size?

Were these easy decisions or did you agonize a bit over the details?

too many questions! =)
but thanks in advance if you have time to write about your process....

That is a great question and I am happy to answer! Yes, I agonized a LOT, mainly due to the cost. But I knew I might be unhappy with less than highest quality, so I bit the bullet. My quotes were not all that far apart for same quality (ERD and CvB), so that is why I went ahead with WF (and the fact that poor Sheerah had to get me quotes of about 4 different size stones about 3 different times!). WF is known for making great bezels, too!

First of all, I observed DBTY necklaces that others had as well as Tiffany. Missy had one of the first long ones. I also saw a picture of the one a WF employee had but with 20 pointers (I wish!!!). I was getting quotes last fall when mom2boys was also interested, so we talked a lot of it through at that time. She went ahead and ordered basically what I also wanted, but because I am taller than she is (5'6"), I needed 36" instead of 34". I think Missy's might even be 32", but she is petite and they all hang at about the same place on us! A 36" necklace only hangs 1 inch lower than 34".

I think Missy's has 15 pointers and I thought that was a good size. Mom2boys had hers made with 15 pointers. The pricing on that was painful for me, so I also got a quote for 14 pointers and it was a tiny bit less, so I just went with that because I felt like there would be no visual difference. I had also tried on the 14 pt DBTY bracelet at Tiffany, so I knew that size diamonds would show up well. They show up much better in real life than in my bad pictures. Two inch spacing seems to work really well for this size diamond. With smaller diamonds, they could be spaced closer and use more stones, but then that would probably make the price about the same. (If I have a matching bracelet made, I will probably make it like the Tiffany with 7 stones which means they are much closer in the bracelet. Mom2boys just got hers with 6 stones, so that is a possibility, too.) I did draw this out on paper with different arrangements such as alternating sizes before deciding to just go with the classic size and spacing!

I mainly went with platinum since it is likely to be around for generations, but that adds some to the cost as well. I had mine rhodium plated so the chain would not look dull.

If you can think of any other questions, I'll be happy to try to answer!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Came out great DS!!!!

Indican

Shiny_Rock
This is on my wish list. It's beautiful! :love:

Um, just wondering, but can these be worn as a wrap bracelet? LOL

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my this is just beautiful DS! :love: Love the versatility, and the fact that it's a piece you can wear often - it truly looks fantastic on you! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is perfect! Love the length & the diamond size. It looks great worn in any the ways in your pictures, I especially love the layered look!
I tried on a 40' DBTY today with .07 pointers set in RG and while it was pretty I agree that 14 pointers are perfect.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect necklace DS! Thanks for all the info on how you made your choice. That is so interesting to me. I love that about PS'ers in general. DH and I usually put in a lot of research for things that we buy and I am always interested on how others make their decisions.

I love everything about your necklace. I can see how it would get a lot of wear. It would be the perfect piece to travel with as it can be worn all the time and so many ways.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love it! Great pieces!!

I am still waiting for my lotto win to get a RC or Tiffany DBTY! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Really, really pretty. Wish I had one (or two!), too.

Thanks for explaining all the details, if I am ever so lucky to get one, I can just look at that- super helpful.

Enjoy! Wear in good health.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks lizzyann, Indican, junebug, woofmama, luv2sparkle, Sharon, and apacherose!!!

Indican, it certainly could be wrapped around as a bracelet. I haven't tried it, but I have seen it done!

Luv2sparkle...oh goodness, I research things to death! It's a wonder I manage to buy as much as I do! :lol:

Sharon, I like to collect a little Tiffany here and there (just bought 8mm Tiffany pearl studs), but I couldn't justify it even second hand on the DBTY. I know WF diamonds are as good or better, and they do a nice job with the necklace,too. This is not an original Tiffany design as DBTY necklaces are old, as you likely know, so I just decided to go with the less expensive high quality option!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful necklace DS - wear it good health :) Hope to be able to see it sometime!

Kroshka

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I like to collect a little Tiffany here and there (just bought 8mm Tiffany pearl studs), but I couldn't justify it even second hand on the DBTY. I know WF diamonds are as good or better, and they do a nice job with the necklace,too. This is not an original Tiffany design as DBTY necklaces are old, as you likely know, so I just decided to go with the less expensive high quality option![/quote]

I hear ya on the branded price thingie. I looked and looked on the secondary market for a DBTY, but no one had any original documentation or certs for these single stone necklaces (like for the rings). I simply did not want to take a chance with my $$.

Wellllll, soooooo, I bought a DBTY Tiffany necklace today. F color, .35 point in rose gold. It is a single stone, cut ideally--FIC. I am very happy with it! Another .51 stone necklace I tried on was really gorgeous, but I would like to buy a yellow diamond from Tiffany, so I will conserve what I would have spent on the larger DBTY necklace and put it toward that. Or a Cartier ring I have my eyeball on! ON and ON it goes!! :bigsmile: (I also just bought the amethyst Olive Leaf Paloma P ring from Tiffany...)

No question, WF does a great job and has lovely diamonds.

Enjoy your pieces--you really have a stunning collection!

cheers--Sharon

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Elegant and classic were the first two words I thought of. Fabulous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka|1406904766|3724439 said:
Beautiful necklace DS - wear it good health :) Hope to be able to see it sometime!

Kroshka

So good to see you here, Kroshka! Thanks so much! Tell Mr. K I said hello, too! Maybe we will have the opportunity to shop together again someday! That was truly a very fun time!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1406925842|3724624 said:
Sharon, I like to collect a little Tiffany here and there (just bought 8mm Tiffany pearl studs), but I couldn't justify it even second hand on the DBTY. I know WF diamonds are as good or better, and they do a nice job with the necklace,too. This is not an original Tiffany design as DBTY necklaces are old, as you likely know, so I just decided to go with the less expensive high quality option!

I hear ya on the branded price thingie. I looked and looked on the secondary market for a DBTY, but no one had any original documentation or certs for these single stone necklaces (like for the rings). I simply did not want to take a chance with my $$.

Wellllll, soooooo, I bought a DBTY Tiffany necklace today. F color, .35 point in rose gold. It is a single stone, cut ideally--FIC. I am very happy with it! Another .51 stone necklace I tried on was really gorgeous, but I would like to buy a yellow diamond from Tiffany, so I will conserve what I would have spent on the larger DBTY necklace and put it toward that. Or a Cartier ring I have my eyeball on! ON and ON it goes!! :bigsmile: (I also just bought the amethyst Olive Leaf Paloma P ring from Tiffany...)

No question, WF does a great job and has lovely diamonds.

Enjoy your pieces--you really have a stunning collection!

cheers--Sharon[/quote]

Oh, Sharon! I need to see these new pieces! The single stone necklace in rose gold would be beautiful! I'd love to see the ring as well..I am pretty sure I know which one that is and it is a beautiful style! I know you don't like to deal with pictures, but we need some now and then! ;)) Thanks again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparklyOEC|1406929352|3724644 said:
Elegant and classic were the first two words I thought of. Fabulous!

Thanks so much, Sparkly! I think I am stuck on classic, but that is mainly because I need pieces that won't go out of style! I am too old to start over again, so the things I buy now need to last! :lol:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:
I think you're just a classy lady, but I love classic pieces as well that stand the test of time so to speak, and your collection definitely will!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeler. I love your DBTY esp doubled :love:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! :appl: SO happy for you!!!!!!!!

Enjoy it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results