shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 5 yr anniversary upgrade 2.52 Emerald cut diamond

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just FYI, I posted about your ring (I gave you credit and a link to here) on my blog today, just in case it starts popping up places.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just FYI, I posted about your ring (I gave you credit and a link to here) on my blog today, just in case it starts popping up places.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Huge fan of K colored diamonds, my new upgrade is a K and faces up so white, it looked the same as my D colored marquis!

diamondvols

Rough_Rock
It really is stunning. I went to that store's website to see what else they might have and I fell in love with a few too many pieces! I'll post a pic of another dreamy one that I found. Oh my! But it's only 4.78ct so I might have to hold out for something bigger. LOL
I also saw some colored sapphires that I'm going to lose sleep over tonight.
:love:

51819_2_.jpg

51819_3_.jpg

51819.jpg

Kfaj

Rough_Rock
Hi sweetie! Do you know the name of the bench man in France or what designer he works for? I'm leaving for a two week trip around France in a few weeks and would love to meet him for a reset. Anxious to hear from you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring and set!!! It's absolutely stunning!!! :love: :love: :love:
I am really happy for you. You have a stunning set with a vintage, yet timeless look. Very pretty.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favorite settings on PS!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your asscher is ON my bling bucket list. Someday, somehow, I'm gonna get me one of these... :Up_to_something: (But don't tell my DH!!)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The name of the artist in France who makes the gorgeous reproductions is named Stephan ....I don't remember his last name. Tiny Jewel Box in DC carries his stuff too.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It is Sebastien Barier.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy that this thread popped back up! I missed it the first time around and I have to say that this is one of the most exquisite, gorgeous rings I've ever seen! The stone is mirror-like in its precision steps and the setting is perfection. Truly a work of art. I love your ring! :love:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, thanks Minous! :bigsmile:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I just fall in love with the details and delicacy every time I look at this thread. What an artist Sebastien is.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. :love: :love: :love: :love: How did I miss this thread!!!!!

The workmanship, the quality, the stone!!!! OMG. Amazing-balls!!!!

mjg

Rough_Rock
Asscher girl! I know this is a bit old but I'm wondering if you can tell me the width of your plain band if you know? Thanks!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is stunning!!!! The stone is absolutely beautiful- but that setting is something extra special! :love: :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
You ring is truly awesome. I have to thank you for so generously sharing your incredible ring and amazing pictures. A fortuitous turn of events led my jeweler to suggest Sebastien Barier for my setting... I had never heard of him. In browsing for examples of his work I found your thread and, now my ring is being made in Paris- oouuh la la! I'm glad to hear your ring still brings you so much pleasure- I could get lost in that gorgeous diamond.

mjg

Rough_Rock

big_spark

Rough_Rock
I have always favored the round brilliant for my hands but this emerald and its setting is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

classictimeless

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring and I absolutely love the wedding bands as well. Where did you get them from? I love the square design very much!

em722

Rough_Rock
Your rings are stunning! May I ask where you bought (or who designed) your bottom wedding band? The one that looks like round diamonds bezel set in rectangular octagons? I've been looking everywhere for something identical and can't find that type of art deco style. It is eternity, correct?

Thank you!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Em722!! I'm still in love with my set to this day :love:

The band is an antique 1920's eternity band with octagonal bezels. Here's the link to the thread I created about that ring:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-art-deco-diamond-eternity-that-i-couldnt-pass-up-again.133572/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-art-deco-diamond-eternity-that-i-couldnt-pass-up-again.133572/[/URL]

Someone had an eternity made using my band as inspiration a while ago. I can't remember who that was but I'll see if I can find the link.

caratsearcher

Rough_Rock
Asschergirl, your ring is truly beautiful! I love the steps!

I am looking for a squarish emerald cut diamond and yours is an amazing example of how stunning they can look.

I have found a stone with a larger table than depth % like yours. It has the advantage of large face-up and well defined steps, like yours. I have one question though - do you see fire in your diamond? I have read that if you want fire you should look for a smaller table and steeper crown angle but I believe that this does not always hold true with step cut stones. I would really like my diamond to have some nice fire and so am interested to get your feedback about your diamond - does your large table still return colored light?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank so much Caratsearcher! I do see fire in my diamond however it's definitely more towards the perimeter of the stone. My last diamond, a 1.54 carat Asscher had more fire (smaller table) but being that my EC is an antique, cut around 100 years ago, I knew it wasn't cut for ideal performance. However the character that it does have, makes up for any of that :) If I was shopping for a newly cut EC, I would have went with a smaller table % though.

Hope that helps, good luck on your search!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!... :appl: :love:

caratsearcher

Rough_Rock
asscher_girl|1448943337|3955872 said:
Thank so much Caratsearcher! I do see fire in my diamond however it's definitely more towards the perimeter of the stone. My last diamond, a 1.54 carat Asscher had more fire (smaller table) but being that my EC is an antique, cut around 100 years ago, I knew it wasn't cut for ideal performance. However the character that it does have, makes up for any of that :) If I was shopping for a newly cut EC, I would have went with a smaller table % though.

Hope that helps, good luck on your search!

Thanks asscher girl! That is helpful information. You are very lucky to have found such a unique beauty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results