shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2014 Ruckus Experience:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I just returned from LA last night, and am still basking in the glow of a wonderful weekend! It's hard to describe what the Ruckus is like. Imagine a huge adult slumber party with food and alcohol flowing topped with an orgy of pearls. Pearl farmers, pearl vendors, and pearl lovers chat the days and nights away. I've rarely slept so little and yet had so much fun.

Hisano aptly named the room I shared with baby nurse in the mansion as the "Souffle Pearls" room:

We think it may have been a maid's room since it has back stairs that lead down to the kitchen. Then it must have turned into a child's bedroom:

Here are our souffle rings nestled together before bed:

And here we are wearing our super souffle strands the next day:

souffle_room.jpg

souffle_room_sign.jpg

souffle_rings_2.jpg

souffle_sisters.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I made four purchases over the weekend. The two that were utterly unexpected came from "Mikeyy's suitcase". Mikkey, who supplied nuclei to Jewelmer and Paspaley, brought a suitcase full of all sorts of pearls. I fell in love with this beauty -- a 14.1 mm GSS set on a white gold band. It is off-round in the tubbiest, cutest way with an almost flawless skin. The color is a lovely lemon with rose overtones. This pearl makes me smile, and it's thanks to 4RanchGirl that I now own it (thank you 4!!!):

I also bought a WSS pendant which I will post pictures of another time (I haven't unpacked yet).

mikeyy_suitcase_ring.jpg

ring_134.jpg

ring_135.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I could hardly wait for Hisano's presentation! I love souffles, and the idea of cutting them in half and lining them with gems sounded dreamy. Here she is presenting:

And here is the tray of souffles available for custom work:

And here is the souffle I chose, in Hisano's hands:

Finally, here is a close-up of Hisano wearing one of her designs (I love how the nacre formation has rings like in a tree):

hisano_presenting.jpg

souffle_options_for_earrings.jpg

hisano_holding_souffle_chosen_for_earrings.jpg

hisano_wearing_souffle_earring.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My final purchase was a strand of WSS. I'm deciding which clasp to use, ball with diamond pave or horseshoe:

Angela took a picture of my first strand of round white pearls (CFW my parents bought for me in HK about 40 years ago, which I wore on my wedding day) next to my newest strand of WSS:

And here it is with my madama strand in front of it:

I can hardly wait to get this baby around my neck!

wss_clasp_options.jpg

wss_with_cfw_1.jpg

wss_with_cfw_2.jpg

wss_with_madama.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Some pearl shots.

My hanadama and madama nestling 4RanchGirl's pistachio akoya, quite the akoya sandwich:

Some of my collection spread out in the breakfast nook for 4RanchGirl to see:

Pearls under the lightbox at the Ruckus (my POJ double metallics with mismatched earrings on the right):

baby nurse's double blue baroque akoya strand which knocks my socks off:

madama__green_akoya__hanadama.jpg

spread_of_pearls.jpg

ruckus_pearls_under_the_light_box_1.jpg

ruckus_pearls_under_the_light_box_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And lastly for now, how I was greeted at PP, with 4RanchGirl calling my name and holding up a bag of pearls with my name on it. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven I was so excited!

Baby Nurse was arriving later, so I sent this picture to her:

And one of my favorite pictures, Josh from Komoka farms taking in the beauty of the setting:

Good night pearl lovers everywhere (Friday night Ruckus sunset):

cynde_with_my_bag_of_pearls.jpg

bag_of_pearls_for_sylvie.jpg

josh.jpg

ruckus_sunset.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Thank you for sharing this! I'm a bit overwhelmed (phew) but I'm breathing deeply now so I should be ok. Your final pictures are fabulous but that doesn't even come close to your new SS strand! That is a strand fit for royalty and I'm surprised you didn't get a shot of it around your neck to take with you! I'm partial to the horseshoe clasp myself. And then the shots of your collection - outstanding!

Everyone's pictures and stories about last weekend have been a gift and I thank you all!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I loved reading about your ruckus experience! And Oh my gosh did you hear me squealing over your wSS strand??? :o :o :o :lol: HG strand for sure!!!! I would probably go with the pave diamond ball clasp because it is a timeless classic and so elegant, but I don't think you could go wrong with either one! Jumping up and down with joy for you! You are going to feel like a queen with those around your neck! Also love that huge gSS ring and your little h souffle piece is going to be a stunner. Congrats on all of your lovely pieces! BTW how did they ever pry that mabe SoC necklace off of your neck? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm you said you purchased four things, but I only see three...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the write up and pics.

DK :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread BS :wavey: love all of your pictures :appl: :appl: your pearls :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout: It was a pleasure meeting you in person and look forward to seeing you again next year.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1406836986|3723962 said:
Hmmm you said you purchased four things, but I only see three...

LitGeek, I did mention the 4th (WSS pendant) but didn't have time to take pictures yet.

However, I realized I have a group shot of the 3 SS's I bought (thanks, Angela!):

wss_and_gss.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my :love: :love: :love: Look at that family shot! Haha, yes I forgot you mentioned that :oops: Please tell me more about the setting on your wSS pendant, the pearl looks very luscious!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo, Great write up and photos. I saw you busy with Angela in the lightbox at PP. You two did a great job. Congratulations on your beautiful new pearls. You did end up with the pearls you really wanted. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
This WSS strand is beyond beautiful and luminous. Enjoy it in good health. :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1406841960|3724019 said:
Oh my :love: :love: :love: Look at that family shot! Haha, yes I forgot you mentioned that :oops: Please tell me more about the setting on your wSS pendant, the pearl looks very luscious!

LitGeek -- it's set in 18K WG with two rows of tiny diamonds. Unfortunately, I do not have a chain thick enough for it. I wish I'd realized that leather-work was being done in the conference room. I think it would look nice with on a leather cord. I'm not sure I'm up for buying a thick gold chain... we'll see. On my thin chains the pendant flops around on its side.

There was so much going on at PP on Sunday. There are many things I wish I'd seen/done/tried/discussed but it just couldn't fit into the day.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of the wonderful women who work at PP:

Angela, truly an Angel(a) working long hours with a smile:

Chenai with her family:

A shout out to John who skillfully and patiently arranged my pearls for photo shoots. It was so nice to meet him and chat with him in person.

_20923.jpg

chenai_and_0.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Bosmlo;

The ruckus looks great, what a wonderful post, thank you for taking us there. I' m so impressed with all the photos and your collection, the WSS is over the top, what is the size mm of the WSS (did I miss that). That horseshoe clasp would be my pick!!! Please post clasps of the SS pendant, and SS Strand when you can. Love it!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The horseshoe clasp it is!

I fear the necklace might be too long. If so, adjustments will be made. I will be sure to post neck shots!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, this is a lovely thread! I have the happiest memories from this weekend and it was a treat to share quarters with you!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Back atcha, my dear! I never thought my love for pearls would create wonderful friendships.

And that goes for all who attended. What a pleasure to meet you all and spend a magical weekend together! I'm not kidding when I say I am counting down the days until the next Ruckus.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1406851479|3724103 said:
...the WSS is over the top, what is the size mm of the WSS (did I miss that). That horseshoe clasp would be my pick!!! Please post clasps of the SS pendant, and SS Strand when you can. Love it!

Frost Me -- The WSS pearls are 12 to 14.5 mm. They weren't the largest WSS pearls (though certainly large enough), but they were the most lustrous. The front pearls are glorious. It was the consensus that this strand was "the one". And I had many skillful eyes to help me choose and feel confident in the choice.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1406832027|3723883 said:
I could hardly wait for Hisano's presentation! I love souffles, and the idea of cutting them in half and lining them with gems sounded dreamy. Here she is presenting:

And here is the tray of souffles available for custom work:

And here is the souffle I chose, in Hisano's hands:

Finally, here is a close-up of Hisano wearing one of her designs (I love how the nacre formation has rings like in a tree):

Love this new line of gem lined souffles!!! Thank you for the photos. So what did you decide to line your souffle beauty with?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bsomlo|1406853129|3724122 said:
The horseshoe clasp it is!

I fear the necklace might be too long. If so, adjustments will be made. I will be sure to post neck shots!!!

Yeah! As soon as I saw the horseshoe, I knew that should be the one. Much more unique than the pave ball.

The Ruckus sounds so wonderful. I am extremely jealous of all you girls that got to go and I am very thankful for all the photos and experiences - a second hand Ruckus for us. My wallet, however, is very, very glad it stayed home. I would want all those strands, a gorgeous souffle pendant, a beautiful ring and, of course, some nice earrings to set it all off.

Did anyone get a nice close up of the gem lined souffles? I am very curious about those.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1406845398|3724047 said:
LitGeek -- it's set in 18K WG with two rows of tiny diamonds. Unfortunately, I do not have a chain thick enough for it. I wish I'd realized that leather-work was being done in the conference room. I think it would look nice with on a leather cord. I'm not sure I'm up for buying a thick gold chain... we'll see. On my thin chains the pendant flops around on its side.

There was so much going on at PP on Sunday. There are many things I wish I'd seen/done/tried/discussed but it just couldn't fit into the day.

It sounds lovely!!! Can PP get a nice leather cord for you to wear it on until you find the right chain for it?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1406901728|3724414 said:
Love this new line of gem lined souffles!!! Thank you for the photos. So what did you decide to line your souffle beauty with?

I asked for it to be lined ombre from the lightest colored sapphires to the darkest red. We are working on another possible twist, too...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1406905268|3724454 said:
pinkjewel|1406901728|3724414 said:

I asked for it to be lined ombre from the lightest colored sapphires to the darkest red. We are working on another possible twist, too...
very cool!! I am planning to get a pair. I've got some ideas for a different twist,too!! It seems that the possibilities are endless- what fun!! and no 2 will be alike. :appl:
All your new pearlie goodies are spectacular. That SS strand is phenomenal- and I love the horse shoe clasp. It's just a special touch.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the details and photos, bsomlo. Sounds like you had a great time and came home with some TDF pearls. Can't wait to see the final version of the new SSP strand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful writeup, bsomlo. It was wonderful meeting you and your madamas, your PoJ metallics, your soufflés, and your new GSS ring and the stunning WSS strand. Thanks for not purchasing those mixed Tahitians! Those two photos of your new ring really capture that magnificent pearl well. I'm glad you got that and your new south sea strand. Get the best, and you only need to buy it once! :appl:

'Til next year... :wavey:

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I am dying to know more about Hisano's soufflé earrings with the gems. Is this a Little H design or PP? Can I ask what the price range might be and if they will be sold online? I absolutely love them! The rings inside are really fascinating.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1407023848|3725127 said:
Wonderful writeup, bsomlo. It was wonderful meeting you and your madamas, your PoJ metallics, your soufflés, and your new GSS ring and the stunning WSS strand. Thanks for not purchasing those mixed Tahitians! Those two photos of your new ring really capture that magnificent pearl well. I'm glad you got that and your new south sea strand. Get the best, and you only need to buy it once! :appl:

'Til next year... :wavey:

Fly Girl, it was great to meet you, too! I am so glad you were right there when the beautiful round Tahitian strands ended up weighing in as too heavy for my neck. Their rightful owner was right there and you got to create just the strand you wanted! Those are just gorgeous Tahitians and I know you will love them -- and I will get to see them on you! Bring the rope next year so I can say "hi" to it! My new ring just tickles me pink. It has the cutest almost round shape. It's like a tubby GSS planet.

ltlmsmfft -- the gem lined souffles are Hisano's little h line. You should contact her because prices depend on size of the souffle and weight of the gems to line them. She can work with you to custom make a pair for you and give you a price range for what you want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results