shape
carat
color
clarity

How men view Asian women

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is SO funny!!! I'm EuroAsian and that is so true!!! I still remember a Caucasian guy I met the second day at Uni, he was like - "are you part Asian? Because I am totally into Asian women, in fact I only date Asian women. I really want to marry an Asian woman." I was like, dude you obviously have some sort of fu@#!@# problem because that is just creepy and weird, so he moved on to hitting on an Indonesian girl I knew who also told him to f!@# off.... I think he worked his way around all the Asian chicks he encountered until he found one that would go out with him.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
HA! I have a rule. I stay away from men who tell me that all his "exes have been Asian." It creeps me out!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is right though, there is this creepy stereotype for a small number of bonehead guys that if you get an Asian wife she is either going to be a domestic servant/mother to them the rest of their lives or a sex slave or both.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I got creeped out by guys like that from the get go. Maybe that is why I only dated one non-Asian guy, the other guys I dated were at least half Asian. I didn't want to feel like some exotic conquest, or an object of some fetish.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
People think I'm mixed, but I'm full oriental. I hate all the stereotype that goes with it. I guess that's why I never could've dated Asian men. I'm not very quiet, I will speak my mind, and don't tell me to go in the kitchen & cook you something. I will throw the wok at your freaking head! Good thing my hubby is even more loud, funny, and crazier than me.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
The worst one was when I was at the gym, and this older fellow asked me if I needed a green card and that he was into Vietnamese women. :angryfire: He offered to marry me so I could get one. LOL, the nerve of him. I then told him, "Well, good thing you're into Vietnamese women, because I am Chinese. Oh, and I was born and raised in California and so was my Dad..."

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had people in a small country town where I used to live ask me when I arrived (as in when did I come to Australia). I said my Chinese grandmother was born in Australia, and since I have two degrees, not even a hint of any Asian accent and a better vocabulary than you do where the f!@# do you get off asking me when I arrived.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like the vid, so true and funny too.

It's the same the opposite way, if a gent ask me if I would date him because he is of a particular race or has certain allegedly better than normal physical attribute, then I would turn the other way.

DK :bigsmile:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I never gave this thought before now. Wow, creepy! Loved the video.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not Asian. But I dated a man who had what he called "an Asian fetish." His ex-wife was Chinese, and she left him, probably because he was such an a__hole. LOL. We'd go to Chinese restaurants on a date, and he'd flirt and chat with and bother all the cute waitresses. I dumped him. It was obvious that a) his wife left him over 20 years ago and he was still obsessing over it, and b) he wanted someone "exotic," and c) he wanted a subordinate woman. Yeah, well good luck with that, Jerk. :lol:

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1406872002|3724275 said:
The worst one was when I was at the gym, and this older fellow asked me if I needed a green card and that he was into Vietnamese women. :angryfire: He offered to marry me so I could get one. LOL, the nerve of him. I then told him, "Well, good thing you're into Vietnamese women, because I am Chinese. Oh, and I was born and raised in California and so was my Dad..."

So the older gentleman was confident, bold and knew what he wanted. :naughty:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A friend of mine's ex husband married an asian lady shortly after he divorced my friend. He used to brag to my friend that his new wife was everything the ex wife wasn't - submissive, great housekeeper, great cook, greatful, slender blah blah blah.

I swear I shed tears of joy when the new wife kicked his sorry, cheating @$$ to the curb and burned all of his clothes on the front lawn.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chinese women are mean!... :lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
iluvshinythings|1406907122|3724476 said:
A friend of mine's ex husband married an asian lady shortly after he divorced my friend. He used to brag to my friend that his new wife was everything the ex wife wasn't - submissive, great housekeeper, great cook, greatful, slender blah blah blah.

I swear I shed tears of joy when the new wife kicked his sorry, cheating @$$ to the curb and burned all of his clothes on the front lawn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1406907637|3724481 said:

It's true! Growing up, the scariest moms were always Chinese. I have no idea where the submissive stereotype came from because they always dominated their households! My (white) husband fears that I will traumatize our unborn son if I have my way 100% of the time. He thinks I'm going to be too strict. Psh.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! loved that. I'm half Mexican and half Japanese, but I look Japanese. HOWEVER, both my parents were born and raised in Mexico --- so really, culturally, I'm Mexican American (American - being that i'm the only one in my family born in the states, the rest of my siblings were born in Mexico.)

I have actually learned more about Asian culture from dudes trying to hit on me by dropping their knowledge bombs on me.

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
ForteKitty|1406909720|3724500 said:

It's true! Growing up, the scariest moms were always Chinese. I have no idea where the submissive stereotype came from because they always dominated their households! My (white) husband fears that I will traumatize our unborn son if I have my way 100% of the time. He thinks I'm going to be too strict. Psh.

TraumatizingKitty and MeanKitty usernames are available on PS :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Haha, nah, I'll stick to being loud (forte). :bigsmile: We really did name one of our cats Forte because he was SO loud as a kitten.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
TC1987|1406896371|3724378 said:
I'm not Asian. But I dated a man who had what he called "an Asian fetish." His ex-wife was Chinese, and she left him, probably because he was such an a__hole. LOL. We'd go to Chinese restaurants on a date, and he'd flirt and chat with and bother all the cute waitresses. I dumped him. It was obvious that a) his wife left him over 20 years ago and he was still obsessing over it, and b) he wanted someone "exotic," and c) he wanted a subordinate woman. Yeah, well good luck with that, Jerk. :lol:

I've only heard it called Yellow Fever. :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Wait... I'm behind... you're pregnant? Congratulations! I'm delighted for you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can say something equally if not more derogatory about Chinese men!

DK :naughty: :bigsmile:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Congrats FK!! I didnt know either!!! So exciting!!! :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Funny, A few yrs ago you swear that you will not have any kids... :bigsmile:
btw; congrats!.. :clap:

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My biggest pet peeve is when white people start trying to speak either Chinese or Vietnamese to me. I don't know why. And I don't think I look like either one.

Man: Ni Hao!
Me: Umm...What?!
Man: I said Ni Hao. What's the matter, you don't speak your language?
Me: Dude, I'm an American. I do speak my language. An further more, my ethnicity is NOT Chinese. Ya dumb@ss!

I got so annoyed when i used to have guys hit on me, just because im oriental. Sorry, rant over.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Tiger Mom? :D

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1406940737|3724716 said:

I was hoping for a girl who can inherit all my stuff. Now I'm probably gonna sell it all because I don't want his future wife or husband to take it all in a divorce. :cheeky:

R.O.L.~ There's nothing wrong with expecting him to be a straight A student, a star athlete, and musically inclined, is there? ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1406954036|3724794 said:
Dancing Fire|1406940737|3724716 said:

I was hoping for a girl who can inherit all my stuff. Now I'm probably gonna sell it all because I don't want his future wife or husband to take it all in a divorce. :cheeky:

R.O.L.~ There's nothing wrong with expecting him to be a straight A student, a star athlete, and musically inclined, is there? ;))
You might have a girl(s) in the future, but I don't have a son to inherit my watches, so what am I gonna do with my watches?.. :confused:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
No way, one and done for me. It took a lot of convincing to get me to agree to even try. I only gave him a 6 month time frame and he managed to knock me up twice. :lol:

Re: passing it on... I've made way too many purchases from people who inherited a bunch of old jewelry and wanted nothing to do with it, so they sell great-grandma/grandpa's treasured diamonds/jewelry/watches. They don't care about its sentimental value at all. It's really sad and it has really jaded me. I rather sell it and use the money to go on vacation than will it to someone who may or may not appreciate it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats ForteKitty!!!! I've got one son and bet you will spoil yours like I do mine. I had a tiger mother (Chinese) and that was no fun at all :nono: I am much more laidback with our son except when it comes to homework - yes he is 6 and he has to do his homework every day, manners and empathy/compassion for animals and other people (which luckily mostly he has).

If I eventually have to sell my stuff I'd rather put it towards something he and his future wife need - house deposit, new car, mortgage repayment or whatever because I agree with you I've seen too many people sell relatives things too.... I inherited a transitional diamond from a much loved relative that is now dead it is an O.K cut but I don't like it as much as some of my own things so it is difficult because I feel obligated to keep it but I never wear it or use it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results