shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone ring with oec center and mrb side stones?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So I am in love with a vintage ring that has 2 mrb sidestones and needs a center stone. I love the look of oecs but I am worried that it will look weird to have two different round cuts. I don't want to swap out the side stones. Should I be thinking of an mrb instead? I won't actually be buying a diamond for at least another year but I am starting to look around. Anyone seen an oec/mrb combo? What do you think?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on how big or small the stones are, the larger the stones the more you can see the cut pattern in them, so what I am saying is if they are all really small you won't notice the difference in cut as much if they are a medium or larger size then you will see the different cuts more. A transitional with arrows that still has a chunky cut will probably be better matched than RBs and an OEC.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The side stones are .3 and .35 carats. :) I think I am looking for a center stone around 1 carat.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are on a budget and can't live without the ring setting I'd probably get an OEC put it in there, live with it until you could afford to buy or find for a bargain two small OECs and then swap them and either sell the RB sides or keep them and turn them into a pair of earrings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. You can also switch out the MRB for two sapphires or tsavorites.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results