shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Emilya- does it need to be sized smaller?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
So I'm getting an Emilya (very excited!), but as I wait for my stone to make it there, I'm wondering about sizing. I know the shanks tend to be thin, like around 1.8mm. I have a 1.8mm shank ring that is in a size 4. I actually wear a 3.75 but had a mini freakout and asked the ring to be sized up a little. It turns out a 4 is way too big for me in that shank width and now I'm wondering if I would be better off asking VC to do a 3.5.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting!! If you're going to stack, maybe a 3.75? 4 would probably be too loose though, I agree.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
LS, first off I am so excited for you! I know you have debated on this for a long while! I'm thinking the 3.5-3.75 might be the best for you! I actually am going through a similar thing. I am having a soleste style ring made at ERD and I just went to get a sizing done locally and the 6.5 was a smidge too big, and the 6 feels just right, but I keep thinking I should do like a 6.25 or something. But then I remember that I live in the northeast and when it is cold it will be a little big!!! Oh the dilemma! Maybe ask Victor his thoughts! Hopefully someone with an Emilya will chime in as well! I'm excited for you!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! In addition to the new setting, I also ended up with a mini-upgrade of a 1.35 G SI2 GIA triple excellent (.6 on the HCA).

I wish I could take better pics but an iPhone is as good as it's getting.

_20917.jpg

_20918.jpg

_20919.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
lizzyann|1406833466|3723908 said:
LS, first off I am so excited for you! I know you have debated on this for a long while! I'm thinking the 3.5-3.75 might be the best for you! I actually am going through a similar thing. I am having a soleste style ring made at ERD and I just went to get a sizing done locally and the 6.5 was a smidge too big, and the 6 feels just right, but I keep thinking I should do like a 6.25 or something. But then I remember that I live in the northeast and when it is cold it will be a little big!!! Oh the dilemma! Maybe ask Victor his thoughts! Hopefully someone with an Emilya will chime in as well! I'm excited for you!!!

Lizzyann- I apologize to the OP for hijacking your thread, but I had a question for you... I was planning on having a soleste inspired ring by Maytal Hannah, as I really wanted a hand forged ring, however Mark's quote from ERD was very attractive. He created my original setting and found my beautiful OMB... Just curious how your ring is coming along, also what size is your stone? I am very tempted by his quote and his customer service is wonderful too! I cant wait to see the finished product!! Has he supplied you with cads yet?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you wearing the Emilya with another band? Because as you know, a ring will fit tighter when worn with another ring. If your size is 3.75, I certainly would not go smaller. I would rather have it a little too big and then put in sizing beads if it was too loose to wear as I would not want to ever resize a ring with a pave shank.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
VC had me send in an inexpensive (disposable dime store type) ring that fit as I wanted my new ring to fit.
I was on the fence about sizing too - with my French cut band.
I think sometimes there are variations with mandrels, sizing rings & widths, so this was a fairly precise method.

Good luck with the project - looking forward to the pics!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1407699947|3729743 said:
Are you wearing the Emilya with another band? Because as you know, a ring will fit tighter when worn with another ring. If your size is 3.75, I certainly would not go smaller. I would rather have it a little too big and then put in sizing beads if it was too loose to wear as I would not want to ever resize a ring with a pave shank.

I read this in another thread (the thread about sizing up for stacking rings) - is it true that rings fit tighter when worn with other rings? If so, how/why? I actually wear two rings with my e-ring (all the same size) and they all fit perfectly. I also have a stacking set of rings (about 10 in all) and I wear them in different combinations with at least 3 bands and again, they are all the same size and fit just fine. I think that maybe it might just be certain finger shapes that would have trouble with rings fitting tighter when worn in multiples.
My round halo E-ring has a 1.8mm shank and I had it sized down a quarter of a size because it spun like crazy (even with my 2 wedding bands). Halos with thin shanks can be top-heavy, so you might find that you need to size down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results