shape
carat
color
clarity

My Paper Diamond/setting

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
So in corresponding with Maytal, she provided me with an approximate mm size of my new setting, about 13.5 on the longest end... so here she is on my finger. I'm sure many of you have done this, and if you haven't it's pretty genius :) I have to say I'm loving the real estate on my finger! For some it may be a bit much, but I love it. I may or may not wear it with my Tiffany Novo... while I love this new big ole' mama jamma setting there is something to be said about the simplicity of a string of diamonds on your finger. I may wear with the new setting, on its own, or my other ring finger. I have to admit, as I was measuring and cutting I was like "holy $#!!" But then I placed it on my finger and thought to myself, "I could totally rock this...no problem!" It was fun... and I encourage you to share your "paper diamond" with us :)

ETA- for those that havent followed some of my recent post- this is the size of my new setting- a double halo, vs. The diamond itself... just wanted to be clear... but this is great to do for a diamond, especially when buying sight unseen!

20140730_202051.jpg

20140730_202229.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for paper diamonds!
Here's my Ritani Halo...
p1090947.jpg

That's a great & appropriate-sized paper diamond you are wearing. The corresponding diamond would look beautiful on your hand.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1406770699|3723483 said:
Yay for paper diamonds!
Here's my Ritani Halo...
p1090947.jpg

That's a great & appropriate-sized paper diamond you are wearing. The corresponding diamond would look beautiful on your hand.

Jimmianne! I love it! I'm obsessed with your band, btw!!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Lol I thought I was the only crazy one! I made this in photoshop and printed it to scale. :oops:

It's an idea for my RHR project totally ripped off from IVY new york. But I I'm not going this route, just playing around.

TruLuv- love the finger coverage wowsa! :naughty:

2014-07-26_10.png

honor

Rough_Rock
I did this quite a bit when I was "shopping" for my stone on line. It was so hard to visualize the size and the paper version(s) helped so much. I also played around with paper side stones to figure out my setting.
I am kicking myself for not talking photos of my paper rings.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
petrock<3|1406771609|3723495 said:
Lol I thought I was the only crazy one! I made this in photoshop and printed it to scale. :oops:

It's an idea for my RHR project totally ripped off from IVY new york. But I I'm not going this route, just playing around.

Petrock- thank you!can I just say that this project that you were working on is GORGE!!!! Wow!! Was that supposed to be pink diamond halos around pink diamonds???? And why pray tell are you moving in another direction? Beautiful! I can't wait to see the latest version- or upcoming project!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh! Honor- right? I'm totally keeping this in my phone to secretly admire :Up_to_something:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, I've done this several times! :D

Awesome finger coverage TruLuv! What do you think? Like it? :naughty:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Junebug- I do! Is that sick? Haha! I've learned it's all about curving the halos appropriately- flat halos, especially on a double setting aren't my cup of tea personally. It's a bit much, I know, but it's what I needed :lickout:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is such a genius idea. I have been wondering how my stone will look with a halo. Think I will do just that. Thanks for sharing this idea.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
thecat|1406791207|3723615 said:
This is such a genius idea. I have been wondering how my stone will look with a halo. Think I will do just that. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Glad you found it useful! I'm sure this is old hat to many of the veterans on here, but thought it was pretty helpful for me. Make sure to post the possibility of your Halo to see!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh love that finger coverage! :love:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhhh love this idea!! Is there a better program for getting such precise small dimensions?? I'm going to play too!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
laurenk|1406802231|3723638 said:
Ooohhhh love this idea!! Is there a better program for getting such precise small dimensions?? I'm going to play too!

I literally just used a ruler- I'm sure my is not totally precise, but a enough to provide me a rough estimate- totally worth it. I put it under my ring too, to see the difference!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858|1406803670|3723648 said:
laurenk|1406802231|3723638 said:

I literally just used a ruler- I'm sure my is not totally precise, but a enough to provide me a rough estimate- totally worth it. I put it under my ring too, to see the difference!
Yay truluv!!! So what maytel setting are you going for?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been "paper jewelering" for a while now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

photo-345.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Laurenk- Maytal and I have been going back and forth and I have been sending her all of my "inspiration," pics. We are trying to arrange a meeting while I'm out there to finalize my design- but these dimensions are based on a double halo... however, my halo isn't going to be the traditional "Soleste," I want it to have more of a curve, like the one attached. Scratch all of the side business on the shank, and the darker metal...also, I am looking at a single pave shank
.. what do you think?

Rubies- OMG! I love it!!

_254.jpeg

_20882.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Maytal have a site? I have heard much talk about her but never knew where to find info on her?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Haha! This is such a fun thread! :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
How do we not have a paper jewelry thread? You know we've all done it.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
autumngems|1406815299|3723712 said:
Does Maytal have a site? I have heard much talk about her but never knew where to find info on her?

Yes! Maytalhannah.com- but check our her FB page, she has more pics on there.

I am so glad you guys are all having fun with this idea... glad to hear I am not the only one so excited about a piece of paper

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

*blinks*
Petrock, OMG, can you help me PS my idea? :O I've been hand drawing, and doing it over and over and it's not looking like how I want... And I attempted using paint last night and also totally failed...

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rubies-R-Me|1406809930|3723681 said:
I have been "paper jewelering" for a while now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is my new favorite thing! So cooooool! :appl:

I'm off to make myself a paper collection :bigsmile:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww.. thanks gals for your sweet comments on my paper jewelrying skills!
I do a lot of it actually. :lol:
I frequently buy from Ebay sight unseen so before I take a plunge I make a paper mock up and see how it looks! :D

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Count me in as one of the people who has resorted to paper rings. All though mine have never looked as good the one Petrock came up with. I'm so impressed! Do you think non-PSers would think we are crazy?

-Bella-

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness! Yes i love this!! And i too have done this :D

Your ring TruLuv858 is going to be show stopping awesome!!!!! I cannot wait to see the end result!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858|1406812132|3723688 said:
Laurenk- Maytal and I have been going back and forth and I have been sending her all of my "inspiration," pics. We are trying to arrange a meeting while I'm out there to finalize my design- but these dimensions are based on a double halo... however, my halo isn't going to be the traditional "Soleste," I want it to have more of a curve, like the one attached. Scratch all of the side business on the shank, and the darker metal...also, I am looking at a single pave shank
.. what do you think?

Rubies- OMG! I love it!!
Looks amazing and will be a knock out on your lovely hand!!! I agree to take all the business away and keep the shank simple, the diamond with double halo will speak for itself!!!!

Yay!!!

Have you ever gone to diamdb.com? You can put in actual dimensions on your stones (or what the halo dimensions would be) and it shows you on a hand how big it looks. You change skin colour, finger length, ring size, shank width etc..... so if I put my current princess halo dimensions and what my new princess halo dimensions are I get a feel for how it will change etc..... It wlnt add the halo but keep it as a solitaire however you still see what it looks like!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1406832408|3723885 said:

Count me in as one of the people who has resorted to paper rings. All though mine have never looked as good the one Petrock came up with. I'm so impressed! Do you think non-PSers would think we are crazy?

Only if we start flashing our paper at society events.
I'm all for it.

Actually the REAL answer is: non-PSers already think we are crazy.
What is wrong with them???!!!
anyone who is not compulsively gaga over bling is under-evolved :lol:

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
Wouldn't a 3D printer be amazing in situations like this? We should pool our money together and get one :naughty:! Bling enablers unite!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't made a paper ring yet but I like to doodle!!

uploadfromtaptalk1406854204543.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1406854220591.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results