shape
carat
color
clarity

50" Multicolor Tahitian and white SS baroque Rope from PP

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I attended this year's Pearl Paradise Ruckus and had a FANTASTIC time! Thank you, Jeremy and Hisano for creating such a lovely weekend :saint: !

When we visited the Pearl Paradise vault, my goal was to find a 50" multicolor Tahitian baroque rope with some white SSs mixed in. The resulting rope is beautiful and I initially loved it but now feel that the white SSs are overpowering.

Here are the changes I'd like to have made: remove all the whites except for a few near the front and add one or two golden SSs somewhere along the length of the rope. Advice/suggestions welcome.

These are iPhone pics of it in its original state at PP. I'll follow up with more pictures once the changes have been made.

pp_multicolor_rope.jpg

pp_multicolor_rope_2.jpg

pp_multicolor_rope_3.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Re: 50" Multicolor Tahitian and white SS baroque Rope from P

Hi Baby Nurse! :wavey: It was so much fun getting to hang out with you at the Ruckus.

I really liked this strand when Chenai was putting it together for you at PP. I love the pop of WSSs in a strand, but you are right that they really stand out and become the major focus of attention. If you just want a few WSSs in the front and still want to maintain symmetry, you could keep the 1st pair of white at the center, replace the next white pearl on each side with a golden, keep the next WSS on each side, then remove the rest of the WSSs. If you want it less symmetrical, you could keep the 2 whites at the center, and replace the 2nd white on the right side and the third white on the left side with goldens and get rid of the rest of the whites. You could also have a few whites and goldens randomly scattered on the rope, but i am not great at creating random patterns.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

baby nurse -- I miss you! What a joy it was to sit and watch you put together the beginnings of your dream rope with Chenai and all the wonderful people at PP!!! A dream come true for sure... I am still basking in the weekend!

(My vote is for asymmetry, as you know!)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kay|1406779013|3723564 said:
Hi Baby Nurse! :wavey: It was so much fun getting to hang out with you at the Ruckus.

I really liked this strand when Chenai was putting it together for you at PP. I love the pop of WSSs in a strand, but you are right that they really stand out and become the major focus of attention. If you just want a few WSSs in the front and still want to maintain symmetry, you could keep the 1st pair of white at the center, replace the next white pearl on each side with a golden, keep the next WSS on each side, then remove the rest of the WSSs. If you want it less symmetrical, you could keep the 2 whites at the center, and replace the 2nd white on the right side and the third white on the left side with goldens and get rid of the rest of the whites. You could also have a few whites and goldens randomly scattered on the rope, but i am not great at creating random patterns.

I really enjoyed hanging out with you as well Kay!! I still feel as though I'm going to wake up and realize the whole thing was just a dream, it was that good!

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to leave whites near the front and probably add in a golden *somewhere*. I'm leaning towards asymmetry but I too am hopeless at creating a random pattern :?:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bsomlo|1406779139|3723566 said:
baby nurse -- I miss you! What a joy it was to sit and watch you put together the beginnings of your dream rope with Chenai and all the wonderful people at PP!!! A dream come true for sure... I am still basking in the weekend!

(My vote is for asymmetry, as you know!)

Aww, I miss you too, bsomlo! It really was fun watching everyone sort through their favorite pearls. And Chenai was so gracious in the amount of time she dedicated to assembling my rope!

I'm going to live off the memories of this past weekend for a long time.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse,
It is a beautiful rope. May I suggest going with symmetry with WSS placement? Because they are larger and very eye-catching, having one white pearl on one side may create a lopsided illusion. Your eyes will be drawn first to the white pearls on the necklace and the other side will appear darker and smaller, imo. If they are soft golden SS, it is different and asymmetry may work better because there is not a stark contrast with the Tahitians.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Yay! I am so excited for you baby nurse :appl: :appl: :appl: The pearls you chose are just beautiful and I love the direction you are heading with your changes. I am sure it is going to be absolutely gorgeous and definitely one of a kind! Looking forward to more photos!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse - It sounds like some incredible friendships were forged this past weekend and I'm so happy for everyone who attended! The pearls in your new rope are gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you decided to do with it. If you're planning on doubling and tripling it random placement may work best - imho. Good luck!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think your idea of removing some whites and replacing with some goldens is a good idea. I like things that are not "matchy" and you are well on your way to a divine strand.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LitGeek|1406814910|3723708 said:
Yay! I am so excited for you baby nurse :appl: :appl: :appl: The pearls you chose are just beautiful and I love the direction you are heading with your changes. I am sure it is going to be absolutely gorgeous and definitely one of a kind! Looking forward to more photos!

Thank you, LitGeek :wavey: ! The Tahitians were hand picked and are very lovely-- I'm really pleased. The challenge is in the correct placement of the WSS in a 50" rope. I'll wear it doubled and tripled and want those whites and the one or two goldens to be placed just right. I had your beautiful silver Tahitian and WSS strand, as well as Kay's "Keira" strand in mind. Is it alright if I post a pic of your lovely strand, LitGeek?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kay I'd like to post your gorgeous "Keira" strand as an inspiration pic... okay with you?

Kay

Ideal_Rock

baby nurse|1406822096|3723779 said:
Kay I'd like to post your gorgeous "Keira" strand as an inspiration pic... okay with you?

You are welcome to.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pkinnew|1406817255|3723733 said:
baby nurse - It sounds like some incredible friendships were forged this past weekend and I'm so happy for everyone who attended! The pearls in your new rope are gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you decided to do with it. If you're planning on doubling and tripling it random placement may work best - imho. Good luck!

You're right, pkinnew. It's amazing how a passion for pearls can really draw people together. I was so happy to meet everyone. Now when I read these people's posts, I can hear their voices and see their mannerisms!

I will wear the rope doubled or tripled, so I suspect random is the way to go.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

movie zombie|1406820444|3723762 said:
I think your idea of removing some whites and replacing with some goldens is a good idea. I like things that are not "matchy" and you are well on your way to a divine strand.

Thanks, Mozo! I agree and will keep you posted!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

*whispers* pppsst hey Baby Nurse-are you on any of the FB groups?

*sneaks back out all quiet like so as not to interrupt*

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1406821875|3723778 said:
LitGeek|1406814910|3723708 said:

Thank you, LitGeek :wavey: ! The Tahitians were hand picked and are very lovely-- I'm really pleased. The challenge is in the correct placement of the WSS in a 50" rope. I'll wear it doubled and tripled and want those whites and the one or two goldens to be placed just right. I had your beautiful silver Tahitian and WSS strand, as well as Kay's "Keira" strand in mind. Is it alright if I post a pic of your lovely strand, LitGeek?

Sure, I will even post a couple for you :geek: We did quite a few changes with the placement of the pearls before we finally ended up with this one. Just keep moving things around until it feels right. LOL I still can't believe my hubby does not like it because it is assymetrical, it is definitely my favorite strand!
stwssnecklace.jpg silver_white_final.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, LitGeek!

Lol, I can't believe your husband is bothered by the asymmetry. It really is perfect this way!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1406832008|3723882 said:

Hi packrat :wavey: :appl: !

Sadly, I'm one of the few who are not on FB... yet.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

baby nurse|1406834128|3723915 said:

dangit. I wanted to ask you something.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kay|1406829597|3723848 said:
baby nurse|1406822096|3723779 said:

You are welcome to.

Thanks, Kay!

I mentioned earlier that the feel I was aiming for was something like LitGeek's strand pictured above and Kay's.

Here's Kay's inspiration pic followed by her lovely strand.

keira_strand.jpg

kay_s_keira_strand.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1406834785|3723925 said:

I can contact you through one of your listings if you like?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

baby nurse|1406835106|3723930 said:
packrat|1406834785|3723925 said:

I can contact you through one of your listings if you like?

Sure, that would be great! I have this one. http://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/leaf-tsav-eternity-band

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

Have you considered replacing the white south seas with big FAT baroque Tahitians? Creating texture through different sizes and shapes and shades? To make it more of a harvest style strand? The Whites just draw the eye on a longer strand like this and I think the beauty of the Tahitians is lost. I love the look of mixing and matching in a shorter strand, like the Keira or the Nancy Pelosi, but in a longer strand it's really hard to achieve balance and wearability. Unless you go truly random.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

misskittycat|1406849104|3724081 said:
Have you considered replacing the white south seas with big FAT baroque Tahitians? Creating texture through different sizes and shapes and shades? To make it more of a harvest style strand? The Whites just draw the eye on a longer strand like this and I think the beauty of the Tahitians is lost. I love the look of mixing and matching in a shorter strand, like the Keira or the Nancy Pelosi, but in a longer strand it's really hard to achieve balance and wearability. Unless you go truly random.

This is ingenious misskittycat. Thank you :appl: !

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1406856862|3724161 said:

This is ingenious misskittycat. Thank you :appl: !
Fabulous idea :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: love it

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

I quite like this idea too :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I agree. I love the pop of WSS accents in a shorter strand like litgeek's or mine, but it is hard to make it look right with a long rope. I like the idea of using some larger Tahitians for variety/texture. Randomly placing some lighter silver Tahitians and/or GSSs in the rope will add some lighter color variety/highlights without the high contrast of the whites.

Then you need to design a shorter necklace with WSS pearl accents. :naughty:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I think it's a lovely rope but I know what you mean about the whites. It's just a personal preference really. If you find the white overpowering then the best bet is to replace them with large baroques. As to the placement of the pearls. I usually take the rope and loop it twice and then put little sticky markers on the spots where I'd like the large pearls to be and then unwrap it. I do not like them at the bottom of the rope as when you loop it twice they end up at the back of your neck, the placement of the larger ones scattered on the sides of the rope will bring them to the front when it's doubled.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

katbran|1407056610|3725282 said:
I think it's a lovely rope but I know what you mean about the whites. It's just a personal preference really. If you find the white overpowering then the best bet is to replace them with large baroques. As to the placement of the pearls. I usually take the rope and loop it twice and then put little sticky markers on the spots where I'd like the large pearls to be and then unwrap it. I do not like them at the bottom of the rope as when you loop it twice they end up at the back of your neck, the placement of the larger ones scattered on the sides of the rope will bring them to the front when it's doubled.

I wasn't sure if baby nurse is going to double or just knot the strand. But I did something similar to your method with my baroque Tahitian, WSS and light color GSS rope. I stringed them on beading wire and tried them on the neck. Using beading wire is much faster to thread the pearls on rather than thread and needle for trial purpose. At first the best WSS was at the center. After trial draping I moved them to the sides.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Update.

I decided to have all the white SSs removed. Now, most of the pearls are Tahitian drops with a few ringed ones for visual interest, Chenai sent me this pic taken in natural light; I'm really pleased!

tahitian_rope3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results