shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
JGator- do you think the hcg had anything to do with yours though? I didn't have any hormone to get out of my body, just had the scrape done. DH doesn't recall them telling us not to try so we figured why not. A friend of mine got pregnant immediately after her surgery so I figure anything is possible. :saint:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
RT, that's a good point. I'm sure the HCG had something to do with the delay. So, maybe you did ovulate. Good luck. It would be awesome to not have to go further with the RE, right??

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
So my temp is back up today. I have a feeling I'll just have to bd as often as possible until AF shows because my temps are so whacky right now. Boooo! The good news is that my opks are still very light. The reason this is good news is because I think it means my steroid they put me on is working to lower my testosterone levels from the pcos. Normally women with pcos arent advised to use opks because they carry an unusually high level of Lh all the time. 6 months ago if I wasn't ovulating but peed on a opk, it would be much darker than the ones I have been using. I'm praying that is why they are so light. So sick of this stupid dexamethasone lol

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no time to post. Sorry for not replying to all!!

MP - I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and that I wish you the best for your upcoming retrieval. Do you plan to transfer this cycle? So excited for you!

RT - How much Dexamethasone do you take? If you don't mind my asking . . . .

SB - Thinking of you and hope you have GREAT news for us soon!

JG - :wavey:

Huff - I am sorry for the medical issues you have suffered at such a young age. I am glad that you joined us, albeit under the circumstances in which we all find ourselves here. These ladies are the best and will take good care of you on your hopefully very short stay here.

AFM . . . We are planning to transfer at the end of this month. I am feeling very hopeful!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Loves Vintage|1406648911|3722582 said:
RT - How much Dexamethasone do you take? If you don't mind my asking . . . .

I take 0.25mg every morning.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LV, that's exciting, and I'm very hopeful for you as well! This should give you your very best shot yet! I'm planning to transfer this cycle unless something changes in the next couple of days. I go back in for monitoring tomorrow, so I should know after that when the retrieval will be.

SB, hope you are waiting well. I am not sure how much longer you have to go, but you better believe my fingers are tightly crossed for you!

Random, thanks for understanding on the clinics. Hopefully you will figure out what is going on with cycle and have your bases covered regardless.

JGator, thanks! I sure hope I have at least 10 good follicles when I go in tomorrow. I know it only takes one, but I have serious follicle envy when I read about some ladies' responses on other forums, etc.. Obviously, it's quality over quanitity and I don't want OHSS or anything, but I have to think my quality must be pretty bad in general for me to have 6 failed IUIs, etc. Just hoping I have a decent number of eggs to work with.

Huff26

Rough_Rock
MP: No when I say Dr.Google, I mean the people that just flat out come in making stuff up. I don't work at all with fertility, so I'm not sure what those nurses main gripes are but it doesn't matter. First of all we are taught to never ever make someone feel bad about asking anything and secondly, I would much rather have an informed patient than a dumb one. I am so sorry they were rude to you. This is such an important thing to all of us.

JGator: I may actually try temping this month. I was worried about trying to because I almost always seem to be picking up one thing or another at my job, but maybe with everyone's help I can make sense of my chart.

LV: Thank you. I appreciate how welcoming everyone has been, especially because I know my journey will be difficult, or so they tell me. It's nice to have so many people to ask questions to.

RT: BD as often as possible huh? Doesn't sound too bad. I hope your temping evens out and that with your clean out you are able to get preggers!

AFM I'm out for the month. Negative test, period is due in two days. Again, not surprising because I don't think I O'ed and I haven't had a single symptom. At least I can start on the Metformin, Clomid, and temping this month. Also I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on raspberry leaf tea and soy insoflavones?

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
LV and MP, thanks so much for the well wishes - I really, really appreciate it. I will test later this week and I'm feeling pretty nervous - the past couple months have been relatively easy emotionally since I have yet to have an IVF failure and the chances of success are much higher, but if this one doesn't work out it will be hard to know that I have failed pretty much every type of fertility treatment that exists. I know we can do more FET cycles and it's hopefully just a matter of finding the normal embryos, but I still think that the emotional weight of a failure will be a lot to carry. I am keeping everything tightly crossed that both of your upcoming procedures go smoothly and lead to good things!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
LV, good luck! End of August?

SB, fingers crossed tightly that you get a BFP and a sticky one.

MP, how are the follies looking today? Good luck.

Huff, sorry about the BFN. I still think you ovulated. Let us know if you have any questions on the temping. Keep in mind if you wake pu later than usual one day, your temp will likely be higher. And, if you drink the night before, that often elevates your temp as well. We will help you through it though.

RT, good luck this cycle and TWW!

AFM, not much new. Hanging with the in-laws for another week. Work is insane - one of those career-making opportunity times in my life. Unfortunately, that brings a truckload of stress and more work hours to my life!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
SB, I totally get it, and I know exactly what you mean. I am not quite in the same boat since we're dealing with secondary infertility, but I get it. I know I tend to get trapped in the mindset that if it doesn't work the first time, it won't work, but the more I read about all of this infertility stuff, I know that's not the case. I'm so very hopeful for you that the first time will be a charm, but there are just so many factors involved that I hope you will not lose faith if this one doesn't happen to take. But like I said, I'm so hopeful it will!Fingers tightly crossed! Hang in there - I'm sure the waiting is torture, but you do seem to have more discipline on the testing than most of the rest of us.

JGator, sorry you're so busy, but it is probably helping to make the time pass more quickly. August 14 will be here before you know it.

Huff, since you didn't confirm ovulation, it's a little tricky to know when to test. I say give it a few more days before losing all hope.

AFM, it looks like we are most likely a go for Friday. I'm still waiting to hear back from the clinic once my bloodwork is in. She said I had 10-12 follicles that are ready to go and maybe a couple others that will catch up. Hopefully, it's a good sign that I didn't respond too fast to the stims this time, and I'll have a better shot of having mature eggs. Time will tell!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP - That's great news!! Keep us posted!!

JGator - YES, end of August! I have no idea what day it is, usually, but I generally know the month, haha, oops! Glad to hear you are moving forward career wise . . . something I need to work on too.

RT - Thanks for the answer on the Dexamethasone. I had just squared away with my doctor that I will be taking this in prep for my transfer (and beyond, not sure for how long.) So, I guess I was surprised to see you mention it here. I had asked to take it because I read it is prescribed sometimes for reproductive immunology issues, of which I may have none or I guess I should say, I've never had the testing, so don't know. Anyway, I will be taking .50.

SB - I have fingers crossed for you!!!! I hope hope hope for some happy news for you!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a go for Friday. Crazy! Please God let this work! If any of you IVF veterans have any advice on retrieval and post-retrieval, I'd love to hear it.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, MP! Friday! So excited for you.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, MP! Glad you are confirmed! I do not have any specific advice, just to relax, I guess. I've been through two retrievals and both were relatively uneventful for me. I have to say at the second clinic they were pretty awesomely efficient at it all. And, the people make a difference. Their anesthesiologist was FUNNY and totally calmed my nerves! I was in and out in less than an hour.

I *hope* you are planning to take the rest of the day off and get some rest? One of the nurses mentioned that people think, oh, I feel great and then over do it. I have no problem staying in bed or on the sofa and asking my DH to bring me whatever I need! So, I think really, just plan to take it easy for the rest of the day.

GOOD LUCK!

SB - Continuing to send GOOD VIBES your way!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LV! My doctor acted like it would be no big deal, but I read a few people's tips online, and they act like it is this huge ordeal. Maybe if you're at risk for OHSS, it's more an issue. All I was told was not to eat or drink after midnight, not to take any medication the day before and day of, and to wear comfortable clothing. I assume that means I'm okay to wear contacts and makeup, even though I keep reading people were told not to. And yes, I was told I need to take the day off from work tomorrow, so it will be nice to get a long weekend out of the deal. Excited for you that you are going to be transferring within a month!

SB, more good thoughts headed your way!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, MP, you can always call your nurse friend and ask her! Haha. I never commented on that, but I meant to, and it's water under the bridge now, but of course you were right to bring it up. I have had my share of frustrations with nurses, billing people, schedulers and then there's the misinformation, cross-information, no information, etc. That's another reason why breaks have been so nice for me! It is a shame that so many people have to be involved in this process!! Which is a funny thing for me to say, because I distinctly remember almost crying once at an acupuncture apptmt when I was thinking how blessed I was that soooo many people were trying to help us grow our family. Haha. I guess it all depends on how you look at things.

How do you feel about avocados? http://www.medicaldaily.com/eating-avocados-more-triples-ivf-pregnancy-success-rate-241240 I don't think it's the be-all and end-all, but it couldn't hurt, right?

Oh, back to the point -- I don't wear contacts, but don't recall anything on the forms about those, or about make-up. I do think if you are not at risk for OHSS, then there is less to worry about recovery-wise. I remember asking if I should be drinking Gatorade or whatever, and they said there was no reason to. I also needed no pain killers -- they automatically give you some before leaving, but after that wore off, I never needed anything. I have read some women really suffering afterward, an I think this may have something to do with practitioner skill?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha, LV. That made me laugh. I actually just got off the phone, and somebody was supposed to ask me about contacts. They are a no-no, and no makeup is recommended or light makeup. At least the person I talked to this time was completely pleasant!

Avocados, huh? Looks like I should've been eating them the past two weeks. Good to know if there is a next time. But I did have some guacamole last weekend :)

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
MP, I'm so excited for you! I hope everything goes smoothly and you get lots of good follicles that fertilize well. Are you doing ICSI? I didn't have much trouble with the retrieval itself - I was mildly sore the rest of the day but that was gone by the next morning. I found a heating pad on my abdomen was soothing for the soreness. Definitely plan to take it easy on the couch tomorrow afternoon. Oh, and drink lots of water tonight before midnight so you're as hydrated as possible for an easy IV insertion tomorrow.

jgator, lv, and mp, thanks again for all the well wishes - I appreciate them tons! Will keep you posted.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
SB, thanks for the advice. And yes, my clinic automatically uses ICSI for everybody, so at least all of my mature eggs will have the best shot possible. Seems weird that an embryologist will essentially be choosing who my future child could be, but I'm trying not to think about it that way. And hopefully he/she picks some good swimmers :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Doctor brought up IVF today. She said my endo had spread way more than she thought and was in an advanced stage and she found it everywhere. My polyp was biopsied and came back benign so that is good news at least. She gave us 6 months of trying iui before we would need to consider IVF. Also she doesn't want to start IUI until I've had 2 periods so we are supposed to just try on our own until september/october. I really could've used some good news today :((

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Random, big hugs. The news that your polyp is benign is wonderful, but the rest of that is a lot to swallow. Was she able to remove the endo during your procedure? Did she say what your chances of success would be trying on your own or via IUI given the extent of the endo? I'm sorry you just keep getting hit with one piece of bad news after another. Let's just keep our fingers crossed you are able to conceive in the next few months now that the polyp is gone.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you & hope they retrieve & fertilize lots of healthy eggs! Also hoping you can take it easy for the rest of the day. So hoping this is it for you!

SB, my fingers are so tightly crossed for you! When will you test?
And yes, failed IVF is quite heavy on the heart & mind. But I don't anticipate that for you. And if this one doesn't work, that's really great that you have a lot of other frozen embies to use so you hopefully wouldn't have to go through another fresh cycle. Dust!!

LV, so very hopeful for you too! Good news is coming. I feel it!

Jgator, sorry about all of the work stress. I hope it turns out well, though, and helps occupy your thoughts until mid August.

RT, I'm glad the polyp was benign but so sorry for the rest of the news. Hugs. I hope you're able to conceive in the next couple of months post surgery so you don't even have to consider other options.
Also I've had 2 D&C's & my AF came back much more quickly after the one when I had a much lower hcg level before the procedure. So I'm hoping your AF is on it's way soon. Or not... :naughty:

Huff, I'm so sorry you've been through so much! It sounds like you're being very proactive & doing all the right things to move forward. Clomid & Metformin can work wonders for pcos. I wouldn't try the soy isoflavones with the clomid, though.
I drank fertilitea (contains red raspberry tea among other ingredients) for several months & I enjoyed it. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but some ladies swear by it. Wishing you all the best.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for the kind words :))

She didn't give me any specific percentages because it is hard to say since she did not do my last lap. She did say that where they removed the endo from in November (right ovary, right round ligament) was still not back. She removed it from my left ovary and fallopian tubes this time. So really we have no way of knowing if the endo on my tubes and other ovary were there back in November and the idiot doctor I had at the time missed them, or if they weren't there at that time and have since grown. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was there all along and got missed. Also good for trying on our own is that they did the hcg dye during the lap and both tubes were still clear and open. She did say that the next 6 months our best chances regarding iui and trying on our own. They are also keeping me on the dexamethasone to keep my pcos hormones under control and she said that I should be able to use OPKs now that my hormones are balanced out. I'm praying this month off of treatment on our own is all we need!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
No luck for me on this one, unfortunately. I appreciate all of your kind thoughts in the past few days. I am trying to keep my chin up and hope that it's just a matter of finding the good ones in the embyros we have remaining (and I am very, very grateful that we have more embryos). But gosh, this is tough - I think my heart breaks a little more with each failure and we've had lots of them. :(( Hopefully happier days are ahead for all of us.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB - I am really sorry to read your update. This is so unfair. :blackeye: Please take it easy on yourself. I know there is nothing I can say to make this easier on you, but just know that I am thinking of you, and that I very much wish the best for you as you move forward. Thinking of you.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SB, I'm sorry this cycle wasn't a positive for you. :( I know what you mean by your little heart breaks. Hugs, my friend.

MP, I'm thinking about you today, m'dear. Good luck with the retrieval and enjoy your day off.

LV, I'm very hopeful for you this month.

RT, I had a D&C in March and I didn't get my first cycle until mid-May, and I needed prometrium to kick start it. I had my miscarriage pretty late ~7wks, so I think I had much higher hcg, so maybe that's why it took so long? Well, hoping that you guys just need some IUIs or well timed BDing these next few months. Great news about both tubes being clear.

Choro, I've been thinking about you and hope things are going well.

Huff, I hope Metoformin and clomid works for you.

JGator, good luck with work. Go you, Miss Rockstar! Hoping things with the ILs are going OK. Glad you're keeping busy until the 14th

~LC

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, thinking of you today. Hope you get lots of good, healthy eggs and ultimately healthy embryos! Keep us posted.

SB, I'm so sorry you didn't get your BFP, but I am very hopeful that you will find the magic embryo next time.

LC, thanks for the shout out!

Bright, great to hear from you as always. How are the last few weeks going? You are in the homestretch!

RT, I'm glad the cyst was benign. I feel optimisic for you with your recent surgery that you could indeed get pregnant without intervention!

AFM, I ordered myself some IDJ diamond hoops (from my DH :love: ) for my birthday with the spare time I had recently when not working! Another distraction! They should arrive in about 2 weeks - which is a week or so after my bday.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Oh SB, my heart is hurting for you. I was so hoping to hear good news from you, as I know the psychological effect of a negative is going to be tough. Hang in there, my friend. I truly believe good things are still in store for you. I just don't understand why it has to be such a struggle to get there. It sucks, and is unfair, but you are a stronger person and will be an excellent mother when the time comes. I know you know all of this, but I'll just remind you that even a strong looking embryo sometimes has a chromosomal defect, but the odds are that you have perfectly healthy embryos still waiting for their turn. I wish there was more I could say right now, but I hope it helps to know you have my thoughts and prayers (and the thoughts of all of us here). I hope you and DH are able to find comfort and hope in the coming days and weeks.

Random, hang in there. I'm keeping everything crossed that you conceive in the next few months. Your egg reserve is still good, so I'm hopeful that somehow this is all going to work out for you.

JGator, that's so fun about the earrings. Enjoy them! It's August already, so not much too longer for you.

Bright, thanks as always for the good wishes. Your story gives me so much hope that when all seems lost, miracles can still happen, and I couldn't be more excited for your dream to finally come true in just a few more weeks.

Hi everyone else!

AFM, I survived the retrieval. The only hitch was that their first two attempts to insert the IV failed, which was not fun, but everything else went smoothly after that. I honestly didn't realize how formal everything was going to be with the operating room and anesthesia, but maybe it was better I went in a little blind. If asked, I will tell them they need to include much more information in their handouts or pre-procedure talk. And the news you are probably waiting for, they got 11 eggs. It's exactly what they expected, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I would've loved just a few more, but now I just need to pray they were mostly mature and fertilized well. I'm feeling pretty darn good at this point, but just hanging out on the couch the rest of the afternoon. Thanks again for all the support and providing a place for me to vent. Happy weekend to all!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP - ELEVEN is GREAT! I am glad you are feeling ok. Sorry to hear about the iv insertion. I will never forget the anesthesiologist at my first ivf. She took a running jump at my arm, which worked, but not a technique I was impressed by! At second ivf, a nurse put the line in, and it was as uneventful as a blood draw. That really seems to be the toughest part of the retrieval process, because we are otherwise :snore:. Anyway, the transfer is just as medically dramatic, I suppose you could say. Definitely more "intense" than a simple IUI. You will be in the same area as you were for the retrieval. Rest up. Will you get a fertilization report tomorrow?

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, congrats on 11 Eggs :appl: ! That's awesome! I hope they do well over the next few days. Keep us posted and take it easy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results