shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct RB - HCA looks good, Check out this GIA for me?

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Hi All :) me again 8-)

I'm close to purchasing this diamond and wonder your thoughts. Here are the stats:

2ct RB, H, VS2, GIA cert

Cut: X
Polish: X
Symmetry: VG
Flor: None

HCA comes back at a 1 - all excellent given these specs:
depth: 60, Table: 59, Crown: 34, Pavilion, 40.6

Based on this info, what more should I ask for? What would you estimate the price of the stone to be? Price scope shows 3-4 other diamonds with similar specs below.
comps.jpg

comps.jpg

Attachments

• _71.pdf
    732.7 KB · Views: 22

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's 60/60: https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/60-60-proportioned-diamond I like GOOD 60/60's, and this one looks like it is one of those, but I would absolutely want an idealscope before buying one. So that's what you need.

Also you can do a search for 60/60's on here and see what the performance difference is. Basically, they will favor white light return over colored light return, and a few other things.

As for your pricing comparison.

First, One of them is not a 60/60. 60/60's are discounted. So that one is not valid.

The other two diamonds, are actually probably the same diamond as each other. AND PROBABLY the same diamond you are looking at. Click on them and see if the GIA numbers match each other.

If they are not the same diamond. Then you need to check their HCA scores (the search does let you do that, or you can run the numbers yourself). Because that affects pricing. A good HCA score diamond means superior cut and performance. And those diamonds go for more.

Also you want pricing comps: often the best way to do it is to do a google search for "GIA" and then the diamond's lab report number. Often the same diamond is listed on multiple sites at different prices. So you can find out what each vendor is selling it for.

But you do need an idealscope image for that stone. So keep in mind that a vendor that will get a stone in for you and give you that may charge more than a drop shipper like BN or Union Diamonds. You get what you pay for. If you want good customer service and an idealscope, sometimes you will pay a little more for that. But it is worth it.

Also you need to have the vendor make sure that stone is eyeclean. And if possible have them send you a picture of that stone so you can see it for yourself. Again, a vendor that does this may charge you a bit more than a drop shipper, and again, that is worth it.

onedollarshrimp

Rough_Rock
Gypsy...you're good!

The two bottom stones are identical, and in fact, the stone I was looking at from a vendor in NYC who has the stone. How much of a premium should I put on a vendor who has it in stock?

In this instance, its about a $2300 difference in price with the B&M store being more expensive...which I plan to negotiate down a bit.

I will be doing some digging on a 60/60 - first time I'm running into it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What all is the vendor providing you with? And a BM is going to be more expensive because of the overhead. And it would be really cruddy to have them do a full work up and buy it somewhere else. That's not something I would do. So be honest with yourself about what you feel is a decent premium. Then talk to them BEFORE they do a work up and see if they agree with you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also keep in mind the total package of what you are getting at a BM. Most PS BMs offer upgrade policies and even buy back policies. So those also add to the bottom line.

So when you are getting price comps make sure you are comparing apples to apples. You get more than just a diamond through a good PS B&M. You get service, a full diamond work up, images and sometimes videos, and upgrade policies, etc.

Depending on your vendor (for example if it is good old gold), they can also make a video for you comparing this 60/60 side by side by a Tolk ideal so you can see what their different flavors are like. And again, that's part of the service they are charging you for.

Also here is a good discussion of 60/60s: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/60-60-round-brilliant.168324/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/60-60-round-brilliant.168324/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results