shape
carat
color
clarity

need help!

ccv16

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am def new to all this and have very little experience. All i know is what i have been researching but still seems complicated. I have an idea what my gf would like/ what i can get her but need more help on the specifics. I want to get her a princes cut diamond. she likes a solitaire gold band. But im guessing i should worry about the diamond first. I def want to go over 1 carat. My prices range is below $8,500. i want to get her closer to a 1.5 or more if possible if im not risking the quality of the diamond. Any information will help. Seriously any. its for an engagement ring and i want to make it special since its a once in a lifetime thing. (hopefully)haha.

thank you
chris

ArdenJewelers

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Chris, you are much farther ahead then a lot of people! You know the shape of diamond she wants, what style of ring, and the color of metal. Nicely done.

You will probably find the perfect ring from $200-$600 depending on how wide/intricate you want it to be. The diamond, as you know, is where most of the cost is. For your budget, you could buy a fairly high end 1.00 carat, a middle-of-the-road 1.50 carat, or an entry level 1.75-2.00 carat. It's all about deciding what size-quality balance you are comfortable with. Only you can make that decision, but I usually council people to avoid going for the very high end or the very low end which allows them to get the biggest stone they can that still looks great. For color, this is usually in the G-I range and for clarity it would be SI2-VS2. Of course, these aren't hard and fast rules, just a general guideline.

For example, we have a 1.5ct princess cut for sale at the moment that is a K color and a VS2 in clarity for $7,090. This is just to give you an example of a real world stone that would fit nicely in your budget, but it might be more yellow than you are looking for.

Hopefully that helps, and please ask if you have any more questions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results