shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly? I'm kinda torn. I think is like it better if it had some engraving like your ering. Something isn't clicking. It's super awesome though! I recently debated getting a similar one on eBay

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
I would hate to jinx it, so knocking on wood, but I think I'm slowly coming back to wedding planning mode and *whispers* enjoying it again! :naughty:
It turned out to be quite a long break (December to February), but I really needed it. And best thing is that now it's fun and exciting again, so I'm very glad I didn't pressure myself into doing things when I didn't feel like it.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Both are beautiful WD!

There is miligrain all around the band but the pictures really dont show it. I have been wearing it to see if it grows on me and it has. SO pinky promised me that I could get a new one in 5 years. lol.

We shall see.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! SO and I went to Tiffany's together to look at wedding bands for the first time :appl: and to get an idea of what we liked. Of course he picked his out within about 60 seconds of being there. :shock: He wants the 6mm Double Milgrain.

It took me a tad longer but I DID end up narrowing it down to 2 and surprised myself. I actually fell in love with the 3.9mm Channel-Set diamond band (with diamonds on only half the band). My engagement ring is 3mm at the top and 2.2mm at the bottom. I did NOT expect to like such a thick wedding band but I ended up really loving it (and so did SO to my surprise). I know most ladies prefer the daintier look but I seem to be drawn to the opposite! This was the same dilemma with my engagement ring and led to me getting 3 different settings until I found the perfect one.

We are 8 months till our wedding and won't worry about getting our actual bands until late summer but I still found the trip very helpful.

picture_52.png

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
maple!!!!! great choice on the 6mm dbl mil grain...LOL same one my FI picked out...

_11795_1.jpg

_11796_1.jpg

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1393899998|3626940 said:
maple!!!!! great choice on the 6mm dbl mil grain...LOL same one my FI picked out...

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love it! :bigsmile: Thank you for sharing the pics!! I can't wait until we pick up our bands later this year. :appl: :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, less than 6 months to go! I've gotten some things done! Wooohoooo!

How is all the planning going for everyone else? Come and share with us pleeeeeaaaasssse! :bigsmile:

~*My List*~
Resort booked.
Reception venue booked
Found THE dress
Buying T a suit and tie
Settled on color scheme (Pink and Gold, with a touch of black and ivory)
Reserved cermony chairs
SO’s wedding band purchased
My wedding band purchased
Wedding website updated for now
Wedding accessories purchased
Flower girl dress purchased.
Ordered Save the Dates- SENT!
Signing the photography contract/ sending down payment- Done!
Ordered wine charms (rather than expensive toasting flutes)- Arrived!
Ordered Cake topper/ cupcake toppers- Done!
Tasted our wedding cupcakes
Booked my salon appointment
Invites are partially done, envelopes have been lined.

In Progress~

Working on Ceremony and wedding day timelines
Joined the gym and working on my fitness.
Booked our tasting with our venue. Choosing WHAT to taste now.

Next up~
Save $$$
Work on ordaining our good friend and sending that info to the county.
Start looking at honeymoon options
Relax and enjoy this!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
59 days!!!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I said Yes to the Dress!!!

I Made an appointment to finally try on wedding dresses tonight. I went in with 7 dresses in mind to try out. Some I wanted weren't in stock so I tried on a total of four and the first one I tried on was the one. David's Bridal has a sale right now of 20% off so I used that to my advantage and got my dress at a VERY good price. Honestly it's the least expensive thing in my wedding and I love it. It looks so much MORE amazing and beautiful in person than in photos so I'm glad I tried it on. I got it in ivory and I'm going to pair it with a cathedral veil. Photos of dress from David's Bridal website attached (NOT ME).

Dress is done!

Also this month I booked the place where we are staying for the week during our wedding (mini-moon) and I booked the caterer. :appl:

Needed to purchase:

Invitations (picked just need to order which I will closer to wedding)
Deposit on Florist
Deposit on Cake
Transportation Day-Of
Rehearsal Dinner
Purchase Wedding Bands
Accessories (Shoes, Veil, Jewelry)
Grooms Gift
Hair and Make-up Day Of

_15848.jpg

_15849.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on all the progress ladies!! I haven't checked in a while, it looks like everyone is right on track.

FI & I had a nice long discussion about our plans and near-future. Nothing has been booked for our wedding, so it's not very difficult to change anything. We've decided to get legal'd this year on our date and have the "real" wedding next year! I'll keep checking in, but it's so nice to have no pressure right now. Good luck with all of your imminent-wedding planning!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
How is everyone doing? Its been what feels like a long time. My to-do list is getting shorter and shorter which makes me happy and then I realize I only have 4 months! Where is the time going?

Updates?? :bigsmile:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am about 6 months from the big day and I have barely sent out all my STDs.

Have a lot to get done but since we are having a reception only wedding (with a small ring exchange in the middle) some of the pressure for me is alleviated, since it took months to figure out exactly what when how, we would do.

Now for the long ride, everything else. :rolleyes:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

It's so quiet around here lately so I don't post as often. :oops: Today is officially six months till the wedding! So time for my update.

I have not lost as much weight as I wanted to so I've now come to the realization that I will NOT be as thin as I was in college on my wedding date - and I'm okay with it! My goal is to loose another 20 pounds by end of October and that's it. I have lost 10 lbs since my last weigh in on the Bridal Weight Loss thread but that took me 3.5 months! Slow and steady runs the race? :roll:

Other than that... I just have booking the rehearsal dinner site left, getting my veil (which I'm ordering tonight off Etsy) and jewelry. Everything is pretty much done other than little odds and ends. I also decided I don't want to do favors - is that fine? Are they necessary? I've never taken them myself whenever I go to weddings so I was thinking of skipping them.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think favors are really necessary. I feel like that money could be spent on a bottle or two of wine for each table or an upgrade somewhere else that the guests might notice more. No offense to anyone doing favors. I just cant even remember the favors at the last few wedddings I have been to.

4 months TOMORROW. EEEPS!

I also have been struggling on my weight loss journey. I have about 20 pounds to go and I am stressed about it. I will be okay with 10 but not really happy.

I am loving etsy! Ive bought my jewelry, the cake topper, the table number holders, stamps for our place cards, a reception thank you sign, our invitations... the list goes on and on. Love it. :bigsmile:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1399314669|3666652 said:
I don't think favors are really necessary. I feel like that money could be spent on a bottle or two of wine for each table or an upgrade somewhere else that the guests might notice more. No offense to anyone doing favors. I just cant even remember the favors at the last few wedddings I have been to.

4 months TOMORROW. EEEPS!

I also have been struggling on my weight loss journey. I have about 20 pounds to go and I am stressed about it. I will be okay with 10 but not really happy.

I am loving etsy! Ive bought my jewelry, the cake topper, the table number holders, stamps for our place cards, a reception thank you sign, our invitations... the list goes on and on. Love it. :bigsmile:

I agree. For ours we are hand decorating all the decor, and table ware, and we are letting our guests take home whatever they want of this stuff. Whatever is left we will keep a few items, then donate the rest. We were conflicted with favors, but we can't remember what other people have given us, and we never have kept anything, We'd rather spend the money on better food and entertainment.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh. I havent been on in forever. Sooooo busy wedding planning. 75 days and counting....

How are you ladies doing??

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler|1403548311|3699334 said:
Oh my gosh. I havent been on in forever. Sooooo busy wedding planning. 75 days and counting....

How are you ladies doing??

126 days here!!! The pressure is on to finish planning the little things like decorations, signs, place card holders, etc. and it's so difficult!!! I want to make sure those little unique touches really stand out in photos so I am driving myself nuts here.

Otherwise, everything is done except for transportation and invites which I am going to book by this weekend. Looking at a white Rolls Royce (vintage) to take the fiance and I to the ceremony... which brings me to my next question..

Are the fiance and I suppose to arrive in different cars to the ceremony? I thought tradition said yes so I started to look into pricing for his own limo then I thought... we make our own rules and I want him to ride with me NOT my farther or mother. I mean we live together already and we live so far away from both our families... it seems kind of weird for me actually to take transportation to the ceremony with my dad This is a destination wedding for us, we are seeing each other prior to the ceremony, so I wondered if it's okay if we arrive in the same car to our ceremony?

It would save cash which we desperately need on him getting his own limo.

What do you think ladies? I can make my own rules right?

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Maple! You definitley make your own rules! If you are seeing eachother before the ceremony and you would like to ride together I dont see any problem arriving in the same car. :bigsmile:

I hear you on all the little details. That is currently what I am trying to figure out. EEEEK! 45 more days. :shock:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies! :wavey: I haven't been on in a while and I'm' SHOCKED about having so little to catch up on! What's going on ladies?!

Maple, it depends on if NOTseeing each other before the ceremony is important to you. If it isn't then save on the limo! If it is, can he arrive with anyone else in your party than your parents?

My brain is essentially exploding, but I think I've come to a more-or-less final decision.... at least this week. Eloping in Niagara! I wanted to have the family thing, but then my darling mother informed me that she has no desire to be at ceremony-- ya know, the part of the wedding that is the most important (to me). So that soured things a bit, but then I embraced the thought of eloping again! I definitely want to have a celebration with people after the fact, but after a year engaged I'm so ready to be his wife! I'm gently pushing him to agree to moving our year back to THIS year which will make our vows in 100 days!!!

Since nothings been planned because our original date is so far away, it's easy to jump around with ideas, but I really like this one because if no one is invited, no one can be upset that they weren't invited! Plus audball's pictures and day look so phenomenal and that's really all I want. To marry the man of my dreams and have some kickass pictures from the day. :))

Your turn! :bigsmile:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness, time is flying and I apologize for being MIA.... I'm coming up to the four month mark! Eeeek!

So, my engagement party (it's a co-ed shower) is about ten days away. Only three gifts have been purchased from my registry; one by my mom, one by my dad/stepmom, and the other by my fiance's aunt. How do I know this? Because they flipping told us what they bought and asked us if we wanted to come pick it up or wait until the shower. What?!?!? :wall:

That being said, for you ladies that have had your showers/parties.... did you have a lot of last minute "shoppers" too? We only have a few big ticket items on our list, everything else is reasonable ($50 and under). It just seems odd to me, but then again I'm the gal that buys gifts immediately so I have a good selection and I'm not left with the obligatory spatula or measuring cup.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
I haven't posted here in AGES - it feels like the last couple of months flew by in one day. Our wedding was this past Sunday, and it was the most amazing, beautiful and perfect day I could have ever hoped for! So please keep in mind that no matter how stressful the process is, and what curveballs you have to dodge along the way, in the end it will all come together and be absolutely worth it. :)

(PS - the day before it was in the high 50's, gray windy and rainy, and it was supposed to be like that on Sunday as well! But then literally right before the ceremony it turned into what you see in the pictures)

17_4.jpg
11_11.jpg
26_2.jpg
1_297.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Recordaras! So nice to see your update and your BEAUTIFUL pictures! You made a gorgeous bride and what a perfect day for a wedding. :love: Congratulations to you and your new husband. :bigsmile:

I will take your advice... 16 days to go and it feels like nothing is coming together.

Thanks for sharing!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, Antiquesparkler!!!

It really will all come together, and with a little over 2 weeks left I think it's really important to prioritize and not let yourself get burned out! What are the most important things you have left to do? Focus on those, and deal with everything else in your free time.
And trust me, it will be beautiful and emotional no matter what. :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Everything was so beautiful, recordaras! I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the last shot you posted, perfect for printing on a large canvas!! Thank you for sharing all of the details! If you feel like, please join us in the "Random talk" thread in the Newlywed section! :))

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, Audball! I love the last one as well - had no idea they were taking pictures when we were walking out in the sunset, but I'm super glad they were. :)

I will certainly join you guys, thank you for the invitation! I absolutely will join you guys, with great pleasure. :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
recordaras|1408881867|3738441 said:
Thank you so much, Audball! I love the last one as well - had no idea they were taking pictures when we were walking out in the sunset, but I'm super glad they were. :)

I will certainly join you guys, thank you for the invitation! I absolutely will join you guys, with great pleasure. :)
Can't wait to chat!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Our wedding is just a few days away so I don't think I will get much time to post again beforehand. I just wanted to hop on here and tell you all thank you so much for all your help as I was planning! You gals kept me sane. :bigsmile:

I will be sure and post some pictures as soon as I can. Wish me luck!

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1409673482|3743396 said:
Hi everyone! Our wedding is just a few days away so I don't think I will get much time to post again beforehand. I just wanted to hop on here and tell you all thank you so much for all your help as I was planning! You gals kept me sane. :bigsmile:

I will be sure and post some pictures as soon as I can. Wish me luck!
AS! Yay!! Best of luck on the upcoming big day! Enjoy every second. I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results