shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me guess melee on this gorgeous halo please experts!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
Whilst I've been back and forth with Mark at ERD trying to imagine how my new setting will look etc... and still sorting out little details, I came across Ylapis' beautiful cushion halo with very similar dimensions to my centre stone and a split shank too....

Ylapis is hoping her local jeweller will have melee size on file somewhere (one size halo, anther size split and another size rest of shank)

In the interim and incase her jeweller cannot remember, I hoped some experts may be able to help me guess from the pictures attached.

What I do know is her stone measures 6.46 x 6.41 x4.47 and her finger is a size 4.5 (ring is sized 4.75 I believe).

I think her halo is very complimentary and trying to explain the size to Mark (ill forward pic to him too but wanted some advise on PS).

Thank you so much for any help!!

_20827.jpg

_20828.jpg

_20829.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Help me guess melee on this gorgeous halo please experts

Looks like max 1 pointers, maybe less. But larger than 1/2 pointers.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy|1406669970|3722744 said:
Looks like max 1 pointers, maybe less. But larger than 1/2 pointers.
Thanks Gypsy!!! I'm getting close!! I'm sure Mark is ready to ban me hehe

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Any other opinions or 1 pointers? Im sure Gyspy is correct, just checking!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

Laurenk- maybe start a thread asking people to post their one pointers and half pointer halos on SMTB? So you can see directly from those that know what they have? I posted a similar thread trying to figure out the size of melee on a halo myself, on RT to no avail. I am driving myself crazy because I think the 2nd halo of diamonds is smaller- but I don't know the size? :wall: just a thought?

GL! I think your post might help me too :confused:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

TruLuv858|1406687441|3722896 said:
Laurenk- maybe start a thread asking people to post their one pointers and half pointer halos on SMTB? So you can see directly from those that know what they have? I posted a similar thread trying to figure out the size of melee on a halo myself, on RT to no avail. I am driving myself crazy because I think the 2nd halo of diamonds is smaller- but I don't know the size? :wall: just a thought?

Good idea. Picturing the end product makes me SOOO nervous and I want to have a clear idea in my head how it will be. My issue is that I have my halo already which wasnt made for my princess so once I get my reset, I will likely loose finger coverage...... grrrr. Im hoping that a brilliant reset that really makes my princess pop will be so much better that i wont even notice a little less finger coverage....

How are you coming along? Tough isnt it?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

laurenk|1406690446|3722925 said:

Good idea. Picturing the end product makes me SOOO nervous and I want to have a clear idea in my head how it will be. My issue is that I have my halo already which wasnt made for my princess so once I get my reset, I will likely loose finger coverage...... grrrr. Im hoping that a brilliant reset that really makes my princess pop will be so much better that i wont even notice a little less finger coverage....

OMG... I'm going crazy, and I haven't heard back from Maytal regarding a meeting while I'm out in California yet. My schedule is jam packed, I honestly hope I can fit it in! You are working with Mark- you are in great hands! He found my diamond and made my current mounting- the good thing is that you can ask him a million questions AND you will get to see a rendering in CAD beforehand... I feel like hand forging a project is a different world... Talk about trust! Your setting will be remarkable and will be made specific to your diamond, which only showcase the beauty!!! Don't worry too much about losing finger coverage, as you are still keeping a halo... If you were dropping to a solitaire that would be a different story! it's going to be amazing. We should start a thread for those who are currently waiting for a ring so that we can vent and share progress! I am excited to give up stone but scared at the same time!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

TruLuv858|1406691877|3722940 said:
laurenk|1406690446|3722925 said:

OMG... I'm going crazy, and I haven't heard back from Maytal regarding a meeting while I'm out in California yet. My schedule is jam packed, I honestly hope I can fit it in! You are working with Mark- you are in great hands! He found my diamond and made my current mounting- the good thing is that you can ask him a million questions AND you will get to see a rendering in CAD beforehand... I feel like hand forging a project is a different world... Talk about trust! Your setting will be remarkable and will be made specific to your diamond, which only showcase the beauty!!! Don't worry too much about losing finger coverage, as you are still keeping a halo... If you were dropping to a solitaire that would be a different story! it's going to be amazing. We should start a thread for those who are currently waiting for a ring so that we can vent and share progress! I am excited to give up stone but scared at the same time!

Hand forged is a whole other ball game, I agree. I think Maytal will be fabulous!! The more I research the more I think about tweaking this or that.... I think Im trying to take every element I love from a number of different rings and pour them into one, which is silly and will not work hehe.

I think a new thread too with those designing, waiting for CADS or pics etc... and waiting for the ring to arrive can chat, vent, update progress, seek help with CADS.....

Mark has suggested 1.3mm or 1.4mm halo dimaonds, 1.2 or 1.3mm split in shank diamonds ans 1.7mm diamond on remainder of band (which will be 3/4 eternity). Im waiting to hear back from Ylapis re her melee then Ill make the final choice -

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

Og, geesh... That's quite a few choices from Mark. I can totally see the confusion!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

So apparently the halo melee at 0.02 or 2 pointers...... Is that correct?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results