shape
carat
color
clarity

Neck Shots from the Ruckus

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The recently concluded 2014 Pearl Ruckus was many things, but one of the greatest treats for me was the sights of magnificant pearls being worn by their owners. I hope others who went to the Ruckus will add to this thread, because I only captured a very few of these beauties.

I arrived at Pearl Paradise straight from LAX on Friday afternoon and shortly thereafter found myself at lunch staring at the most magnificent strand of madamas being worn by bsomlo. To those who are wondering if they look different from more ordinary pearls, the answer is yes, they do. Wow. It wasn't until I got to the mansion later that afternoon that I recovered a bit of my senses and began capturing a few of the pearl necklaces being worn.

Many strands you have already seen on this forum, and a few will be new to you. All are magnificent. Enjoy!

20140725_201416_15.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some more eye candy.

20140726_083139_15.jpg

20140726_092407_15.jpg

20140726_092240_15.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
How about a few wrist shots while we are at it?

20140726_092247_15.jpg

20140726_081947_15.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A few more beauties that you may not recognize.

20140726_102759_15.jpg

2014_40.jpg

2014_25.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My apologies for some of the poorly resized photos. I am working here without my best photo editor, but I know you all are waiting patiently.

20140726_105334_15.jpg

20140726_123047_15.jpg

20140726_143609_0.jpg

20140726_145852_15.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I apologize again for the poor editing. And, I only took photos during the day. Bsomlo wore her three strand PoJ chinese freshwater necklace during the evening, so I didn't capture it here. But, it was indeed a keeper.

A few more pretties, if a bit small.

2014_15.jpg

2014_20.jpg

2014_30.jpg

2014_35.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Fly Girl, for sharing your photos so quickly! I suspect this was one of only a few social occassions where it was accepted, if not encouraged, to stare at women's chests!!! Such beautiful women with incredible pearls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Fly Girl for these lovely pictures! The necklaces are breathtaking and just so wow! :love:

I really like this longer necklace which I am not even sure is part of the Pearl Ruckus but it just catches my eye. Any details on it? So pretty!

2014_0.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FG, thanks for sharing these lovely neck shots :)) So many gorgeous necklaces and bracelets!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You are all very welcome.

missy - She is wearing several necklaces, but I took this shot because the triple akoya caught my eye. The longest strand is blue baroque akoya interspersed with blue akoya keshi. Look carefully and you will see two matching shorter strands as well. I now know what I want to do with my unstrung blue baroque akoyas from PoJ last year. I just need to figure out the spacing and contact PP for the keshi and the stringing work.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Flygirl, Thanks for the pictures! The pearls look amazing on everyone.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you for sharing!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1406633769|3722435 said:
Thank you Fly Girl for these lovely pictures! The necklaces are breathtaking and just so wow! :love:

I really like this longer necklace which I am not even sure is part of the Pearl Ruckus but it just catches my eye. Any details on it? So pretty!
The longer necklace you see in this picture is NATURAL the real deal Bahraini natural pearls. Her grandfather had a pearl diving company in Bahrain. The larger pearls are white ss keshi if I am remembering correctly on those but the smaller pearls are natural pearls from the Persian Gulf gifted to her by her Grandfather.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Thank you thank you thank you for posting all these pictures. I can't tell you how much I am enjoying seeing all of your lovely pieces. Looking forward to lots for viewing over the next few days!!!!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I bet this will be one of the most popular thread during the end of this summer. Lovely ladies, lovely pearls. We will wait much more photos :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1406650897|3722600 said:
missy|1406633769|3722435 said:

The longer necklace you see in this picture is NATURAL the real deal Bahraini natural pearls. Her grandfather had a pearl diving company in Bahrain. The larger pearls are white ss keshi if I am remembering correctly on those but the smaller pearls are natural pearls from the Persian Gulf gifted to her by her Grandfather.

Thank you for the info. It's such a beautiful necklace.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, terrific thread! I was too busy taking everything in to take many pictures.

You are right that in this particular setting it was completely acceptable to make no eye contact whatsoever with the person opposite you. Staring intently at their throat or chest or ear and diving in for a closer look and, with permission, feel was de rigeur. Weird and absolutely wonderful.

I'm glad you enjoyed my madama set. The POJ double metallic strand is so festive!

One of my first terrific moments of the weekend was when you arrived at PP and I got to put the neck with the face and name. So much fun after our online discussions!!! YOU are Fly Girl! Why, hello!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread. More photos pretty please

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
If you are on the other forum you will find lots to see there. We might not post many pictures here because NL is having to watch her internet usage until next month.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl I now your real life name now but I probably will still call you FlyGirl because I just luv that name :love: Great pictures :appl:

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Very much enjoying looking at everyone's lovely pearls. Thank you for sharing.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful pictures, Fly Girl! I wish now that I'd taken more but I was too busy soaking in the pearly atmosphere :bigsmile: !

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fly Girl,
Thanks for the great collection of photos! :appl: :appl: :appl: What a pleasure to meet so many of you! :wavey: :wavey: Looking forward to next year!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1406686731|3722887 said:
Wonderful pictures, Fly Girl! I wish now that I'd taken more but I was too busy soaking in the pearly atmosphere :bigsmile: !

LOL, me too! I was so busy looking at everything that I didn't think to take pictures. I got a few shots of the mansion the morning we left, but I think my only pearl shot was of a Kamoka ring I admired. I didn't even think to take a picture of the 3 SoC pearls I bought and left at PP for Hisano to design a setting.

The ruckus was amazing. It was so much fun to meet everyone in person, and Jeremy and Hisano were amazing hosts. It was great to be in a place where it was socially acceptable to openly gawk at everyone's jewelry, and to touch and try on pieces with permission. :love: :dance:

Thanks for posting the wonderful photos, Flygirl! See you next year. :wavey:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Fly Girl for posting these shots. I was too busy soaking it all in too and don't have any picture of my SoC and Tahitian pearls. :)

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
I loved seeing all these beautiful pearls! Thankyou!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing the pearly eye candy from the Ruckus with us :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- Terrific thread! I wish I'd had my wits about me to take more pictures. Here are two neck shots of me trying on Douglas' mabe necklace. It was late at night and the colors just don't show, but it's better than nothing. The necklace has a lovely drape:

sofc_1.jpg

sofc_2.jpg

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the beautiful photos! I have to say that I've been spending a lot of time reading through all these pearl threads! I'm really loving you ladies and the photos of all these beauties are inspiring me! thank you!

Looks like the Rukus was a lot of fun! What a great opportunity for the pearl lovers to get together in person with the vendors! The excitement level must have been through the roof! I'm going to go back through this thread and the one on the other forum again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results