Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all. Here you go!

_20649.jpg

_20650.jpg

early_1900s_rings.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaah... gotcha! Thanks for that, I sort of had it right then. Good to know I haven't completely lost it :bigsmile:

Ooooh, this should be interesting, did you have long talkies about Rrrrrussian influence?
And where is the engraved/carved leaf going?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm giving her free reign to see if she can come up with something better. ;)) Can't be worse than the initial alien tentacle ring, I hope. :bigsmile:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: Well we do hope so!

We'll "set zen" again then and send lots of love to the new girl for luck.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I'm following this thread with fascination, what a wonderful project Chrono! I hope the next design idea you receive is wonderful. I admire your patience.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Zen has paid off. The new designer put an interesting twist on the 3 pictures I sent her. It looks like a mix between old and new.

cct2886.jpg

ccf9900.jpg

ccb1288.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
How v-e-r-y interesting indeed! I can see a few things that I feel she has grasped very well and some others I think could be tweaked but what are your thoughts?

Here's the flipped version, as you would be looking at it on your hand... at least that's the way it appears to me - also easier to compare it to the tiara rings.

c-cad-des2-flipped.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sort of like it. It, ummmm, doesn't remind you of any uncomfortable things like body parts, alphabets and etc., I hope? Just making sure I'm not overlooking something. I would prefer the band/shank to have a steeper taper since I find it more comfortable to wear. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
That looks pretty cool- although it doesn't really give me the Russian vibe. Also, isn't your oval pink larger than the light pink rounds?

And, it doesn't remind me of anything like body parts... but I thought it sort of looked like a dragon at first glance :shock:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Some comments then because I don't see the delicacy that you've been striving for... needs to be pared down a bit to my mind. However I think you're also up against the fact that the moment the leaves go in, it takes away from the delicate "stalkiness" that you like.

c-cad-des2-top-comments.png

c-cad-des2-side-comments.png

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
It's a long time since peeps have seen these so I'll pop them up for comparison.

ETA: Not the green

fcd-group-2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1406556631|3721907 said:
That looks pretty cool- although it doesn't really give me the Russian vibe. Also, isn't your oval pink larger than the light pink rounds? And, it doesn't remind me of anything like body parts... but I thought it sort of looked like a dragon at first glance :shock:

Yes, there is no Russian vibe at all, yet the design has merit which I am willing to consider. I think the oval is only ever so slightly larger than the light pink rounds. No body part resemblance is a good thing. :bigsmile: I saw the dragon too but don't mind it in a funky unique way.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The challenge is for the design to remain delicate whilst using leaves, which seems contradictory, doesn't it? The only way I can see the two elements put together is by adding a third modern element; tendrils.

_397.png

_398.png

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm....it doesn't look Russian or delicate at all.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, sorry. Must have deleted one comment too many from my inbox and didn't see this.

Comments on pix.

c-left-comments.png

c-top-comments.png

Vida_D

Rough_Rock
Chrono,
My gutter mind isn't spotting body parts.
I like your latest CAD! It isn't belle époque, per se, but it's nevertheless pretty. It reminds me of a less blingy version of Catherine Duchess of Cambridge's wedding earrings.
Hope you're pleased with the direction of your project.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vida_D|1406649322|3722586 said:
Chrono,
My gutter mind isn't spotting body parts.
I like your latest CAD! It isn't belle époque, per se, but it's nevertheless pretty. It reminds me of a less blingy version of Catherine Duchess of Cambridge's wedding earrings.
Hope you're pleased with the direction of your project.

Those had an acorn motif if I remember correctly.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone for your input. It's Zen time again. :wavey:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
That's a unique and really nice design. I would love it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tada! Updated CADs are in. The designer said she cannot remove most of the elements that I (and other PSers) requested for structural integrity reasons. She did make the supports as thin as safely possible though, reminding me that some metal will be polished away.

cc2s.jpg

ccf.jpg

ccp.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inspiration struck and I think I know how to make it look more Russian....as long as she says it is doable.

cc2t.jpg

edit7629.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really like this new design. I think it's interesting and still features the stones nicely. I can't speak to the Russian design aspect as I have no knowledge, but I do like the spacing of the stones a little wider like the designer did. But, it's totally a personal preference so if you like the Russian aspect of having them closer together I say go for it. You are definitely on the right track.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I've just seen this but I'm off to bed, I will try to make a mock up of your suggestions over the weekend but tomorrow's fairly busy. What you've suggested is pretty much what I drew/suggested in my last set of pics (not sure if you saw them before you had sent off your last changes).

Very disappointing to see what she's done with the shank - gone right away from your request here I think - and I don't see how the "lyre" is more supportive than replacing it with the leaves would be :???:

lyre.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono
Apologies for not getting back before this - up to here organising a charity fundraiser which happens tomorrow night. So if you can wait another day or two I will do the mash-ups :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, no rush. I've presented the below as the final revision, as long as she okays it structurally.

designsketch.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just so out of my league, but as always, I wish you the best, Chrono! :praise: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Minou. I am very anxious to reach the finish line!

trial.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of these passed muster. Actually, none of the inspiration original Belle Epoch and Romanov rings passed either; she said they are guaranteed to break shortly after wear because they were created as art pieces for display, not to be worn. As such, we will make minor changes to the original design and go from there.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
In your last CAD, I see a face with a mustache. I can't unsee it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1408021350|3732212 said:
In your last CAD, I see a face with a mustache. I can't unsee it!

LOL! Don't worry, that CAD is scrapped. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results