shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Experts Weigh in!!

SJ3

Rough_Rock
I have local jeweler that I ordered the Tacori through, they are doing the setting. Although I could send it to Tacori if I wanted but I do trust this jeweler.

I already have insurance through Jewelers Mutual and I am in the process of sending them the setting information.

Thanks for the aset comment:)

SJ3

Rough_Rock
So I am bad at taking pics. Can someone tell me how to take them at a good angle. Every one I try to take with any light on the diamond it basically is to bright and the camera doesnt focus well. Took these at odd angles and you can at least see it a bit.

photo_751.jpg

photo_752.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taking pics of unset stones is tricky. I don't have the skill myself. But that last pic was pretty good.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost always best to have Tacori set the diamond.

You chose an excellent stone! :love:

SJ3

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1404362525|3705785 said:

So you are saying I should mail the stone into Tacori instead of having my jeweler set?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SJ3|1404391752|3705914 said:

So you are saying I should mail the stone into Tacori instead of having my jeweler set?

The jeweler, assuming he is an authorized Tacori dealer, should be sending in your diamond to Tacori to set. If by chance a jeweler sets the stone and messes up a prong or something, you may be out of luck. I'd just trust Tacori or any designer to set the stone themselves. That for sure keeps your warranty intact. They make the setting specifically for your stone.

Many people get insurance through Jeweler's Mutual who allows coverage when you can provide the diamond and setting information prior to setting the stone. I would advise doing this regardless of who sets it. But I think Tacori is best to set the stone. Another bit of advice is that some of Tacori's prongs are very bulky, but you can request that prongs be done an alternate way, such as more delicate claw prongs. I would be sure to specify that if applicable.

SJ3

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1404392764|3705920 said:
SJ3|1404391752|3705914 said:

The jeweler, assuming he is an authorized Tacori dealer, should be sending in your diamond to Tacori to set. If by chance a jeweler sets the stone and messes up a prong or something, you may be out of luck. I'd just trust Tacori or any designer to set the stone themselves. That for sure keeps your warranty intact. They make the setting specifically for your stone.

Many people get insurance through Jeweler's Mutual who allows coverage when you can provide the diamond and setting information prior to setting the stone. I would advise doing this regardless of who sets it. But I think Tacori is best to set the stone. Another bit of advice is that some of Tacori's prongs are very bulky, but you can request that prongs be done an alternate way, such as more delicate claw prongs. I would be sure to specify that if applicable.

Thanks the Jeweler said I could do either so I will have it sent to Tacori.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good in the last picture.

SJ3

Rough_Rock
So the diamond is on its way to Tacori. The Jeweler and I had a great talk about Tacori, Diamonds, online buying etc. He said I am only the 3rd person that came into his store with an online bought diamond (that he knew of). So we sat and talked for a while. He asked me if price was the only factor in going online, I said it was one of them but availability and variety played into it as well, especially when you get closer to the 2ct range it seems like inventory at most stores are more scarce which he didnt disagree on. Net net he was happy to get the business for the setting and he and his wife (the other owner) stated I got a really good diamond, I did not discuss what I paid.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
exciting! beautiful stone!

When It comes back and you want to take pics, go outside. I am not a great photog but got some pretty shots doing outdoor non direct sun shots...on my ferns and flowers.

SJ3

Rough_Rock
So I took a few snap shots with my iphone today as I picked it up. Pictures (especially iphone pics) dont do it justice. Every time the light hit it, it was to bright for my phone to focus and the pics didnt turn out right. I will take some with my regular camera soon, but I wanted to get these on here for those who wanted to see. I am really happy with how it came out, I was a little nervous not knowing how it would work since this ring was meant for a princess or brilliant cut. I know many of you wanted me to switch the side stones out for step, but I like the princess cut sides it adds a bit more shine to the ring and in person doesn't distract at all. So far the two girlfriends of hers I have shown loved it so much one almost fell over :)

Either way I am happy and I hope she will be too! Thank you everyone for the help!

photo_798.jpg

photo_799.jpg

photo_800.jpg

photo_801.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!!! That is so beautiful! I love it. Can't wait for the hand shots!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh MY GOODNESS! That looks fantastic. The setting is lovely but that amazing center stone just knocked me breathless.

She's going to ADORE it. You did FABULOUS.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

I am no expert, but i think my eyes tell me one thing... she gunna say yes.... if not, i will say yes! LOL

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous.

You did so well. That diamond is simply out of this world, and the setting is definitely worthy- I love it. Great, great job. Her ring is a beautiful, classy treasure for always.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that stone is beyond words.

The setting compliments it beautifully

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
WOW- that ring is gorgeous :love: She is going to be over the moon! Please come back after you propose and do a SMTB thread with handshots.

SJ3

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone :)

She wanted something that tapered toward the stone she likes that look but its not easy to find for an emerald. Tacori did a great job, they adjusted the original design to go wider so it tapered perfectly. I have to say before this process I wasn't the biggest Emerald fan, but I really like how classic it looks. Tomorrow's the day! I will hopefully get some good hand shots. The Tacori dealer loved it so much that they want pics for their website later.

SJ3

Rough_Rock
Oh BTW the ring specs. Size 6, platinum, 1.20 ct weight in setting mixed princess and trapezoid G color, 2.01 center stone (Specs in earlier post).

SJ3

Rough_Rock
woofmama|1406637600|3722461 said:
WOW- that ring is gorgeous :love: She is going to be over the moon! Please come back after you propose and do a SMTB thread with handshots.

Thanks! Sorry for my ignorance but what is an SMTB thread? lol

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and the setting flows perfectly. Tacori did a great job adjusting the sides to taper so well. SMTB (show me the bling) is the subforum for showing lots of photos of your new sparkly.

SJ3

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Ahhh that make sense I will post in the thread when we get some good pics.

SJ3

Rough_Rock
So we have been traveling lately and I havent had any time to post (and she did say yes :) )

Here are a few shots from the next morning. Its ever so slightly a little loose, not so much that it needs to get taken care of today, she is unsure whether she wants to resize or not.

The last one is a shot from the night of the engagement, one of her friends decided to try on all the girls rings at the party.

photo_809.jpg

photo_810.jpg

_21059.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It turned out so beautifully! Love the setting! Enjoy and congratulations on your engagement.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew this one would be stunning and so it proves, many congratulations on your engagement and for producing such a perfect ring!!!!

SJ3

Rough_Rock
Lorelei|1407262746|3726594 said:
I knew this one would be stunning and so it proves, many congratulations on your engagement and for producing such a perfect ring!!!!

Thank you for all your help!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your fiance's ring is the best and brightest ER out of the bunch from the engagement party! :sun: Congrats again!

SJ3

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I will try to get a SMTB thread up shortly :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SJ3|1407272922|3726710 said:
Lorelei|1407262746|3726594 said:

Thank you for all your help!

It was my pleasure, I adore EC's, have studied them for years with the help of one of the experts and it's great to see them get some love!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results