shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Sapphire & Rose Gold Ring

DiamondJ

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My knowledge of coloured stones is next to nothing so hoping for some assistance... I am looking for a three stone ring with pink sapphires for my daughter. It is for myself and my fiancé's wedding next May, we are including her in the ceremony and my fiancé will be giving her a 'wedding' ring as well. Being a little girl (6) she loves pink so I am hoping for pink sapphires in a three stone ring to represent the three of us in a rose gold setting. Basically we will give her the ring at the wedding and I will probably keep it for a few years until she's a bit older, so was thinking of getting in a size 3 or so. In terms of ct weight, probably around a .40 centre stone and .20/ 0.30 side stones?

I am in Australia, but happy to buy from the US or anywhere over here.

Thanks very much!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your wedding coming up! Lovely idea to include your daughter.

You're unlikely to find a 3-stone pink sapphire ring ready-made in a size 3. Pretty rare stuff. You could have one made -- for the stones, you might ask Doug Menadue http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_MainFoyer.php. He's there in Australia & is an excellent cutter & trustworthy. He has no sapphires on his site right now but is likely to have a lot of rough (or cut stones) not shown; most vendors do.

If you buy a size 3, it will not be possible to enlarge a ring more than a size or so without risking the integrity of the entire piece; presumably when she's older her ring size will be at least 2 sizes larger, if not more. I'll throw out another suggestion. Here's how I would have felt at 6: enormously proud & important that I got a sparkly ring along with Mommy. Oh, they take it away from me & Mommy still gets to wear hers, heartbreak! How about getting her a good-quality costume jewelry ring she can wear now & brag about; then give her the real thing for her 16th birthday, or whenever you wish. By then she might even prefer a different color stone; you'll know what styles she likes, etc. It's just a thought, but makes life less complicated & at 6, she'll be delighted with a fancy ring of any type. I can't imagine giving it to her amidst all the excitement of a wedding & then taking it away -- "a few years," "till you're older," whatever, is eternity to a little girl.

Good luck & hope your wedding is terrific!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or to add on to the already great ideas, maybe you could give her a larger version of the ring on a rose gold chain? She could wear it like a locket and put it on her hand whenever she pleases and grow into it.

DiamondJ

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks for the replies - some very good ideas, I see what you mean about taking it away, not my best idea! but I do like the idea of giving it to her on a chain that might be an option as she has plenty of costume type jewelry, I want this to be something special.
I wear size 5.5, I have no doubt she will be taller than me but seems to have quite slender fingers, so I might do a 5 and then would it give some flexibility to move to a size 6 if required?

Is this a ring that whiteflash/ Brian Gavin could custom make? any other suggestions for vendors? Also most sapphires seem to be heat treated - is that ok?

Thanks again!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treated or untreated is your personal preference - some like it untouched by humans whilst some don't mind helping Mother Nature along. Some might mind but budget constraints speak louder. Knowing your budget will be helpful for us to steer you in the right direction. Will all 3 stones be pink sapphires?

DiamondJ

Rough_Rock
I spoke with Bespoke Gems and he mentioned that would not be able to get pink sapphires but would have a better chance of finding commercial cut gems and recutting to improve quality - what does this mean?

Budget is not huge, but since I have no idea of what a ring like this would cost, I haven't really set one.. is there another pink gemstone that can be used if I cant find sapphires? would pink spinel be suitable?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results