shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help to identify this bracelet.

Aaspere

Rough_Rock
Hello. This is my first post and i may be totally wrong subforum. I dont know nohting about jewerly but i found this bracelet.It came to our family hands in 1950s from Sweden.What gems are those,does it have any value or its worth nohting. Any info and opinion is very welcome.I made some pictures, can make better ones if needed. Thanks!

op49oj.jpg

35kifrt.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The Aurora Borialis (blue rainbow effect) rhinestones would date this as mid-century, I think. I don't see any marks on the metal that would identify it as silver. The "C" shaped rings that hold the plates together are not soldered together (high quality pieces are often joined on a jump ring). I would assume it's a costume piece, especially with rhinestones. I am not a professional, so this is a best guess. Does it have worn plating, or is there black tarnish in the corner details?

When in doubt, take it to a jeweler and ask for an opinion (not the mall, but a jeweler who makes jewelry). He or she will be able to tell you quickly. Alternatively, try a pawn shop. Some costume jewelry is collectible, some is not. Wish I were more help. Good luck!

Aaspere

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results