shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Whiteflash 36" platinum DBTY necklace!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally ordered something that has been on my basics wishlist for a long time! I had bothered Sheerah about three separate times for quotes, but she was very patient and great as always in helping me figure out the best specs to order ! I had talked to mom2boys about this last fall as we were both wanting one, and since she went ahead and ordered hers, I waited to see hers in June before I made my decision. Mine is very close to hers with a few minor changes. Mine is 36" long, 16 diamonds, 14 points each (2.24 ctw), bezels 2" apart, platinum 1.5mm chain, rhodium plated. I had it rhodium plated because sometimes platinum chains can look dull, and I wanted the chain to show up well since it is a long one. Some vendors do that anyway, but I did want to mention that I asked for it.

I love that this necklace can be worn alone or layered. It really helps complete my necklace basics, and as always, Whiteflash makes beautiful bezels and uses their ideal cut melee. I did get other quotes for this because my pennies are scarce right now with a child about to start college, etc., but I ended up choosing WF since I knew I'd be getting outstanding quality!

If you want to see better pics of one that is almost the same, go to mom2boys' thread! :bigsmile: These are taken with my iPhone (except for the first pic which was provided by WF), and I am just not patient or good with jewelry photography! But hopefully you can get an idea of size perspective,etc.

_20689.jpg

_20690.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it doubled but likely will mostly wear it long.

_20691.jpg

_20692.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And last, here are some views of the necklace layered with things I already have. The long necklace is a Leslie Greene 18k white gold with tiny diamonds, and I may shorten it just a little to work better with the DBTY (or else use a 2" extender to make the DBTY a little longer). Sorry these are a little blurry!

_20693.jpg

_20694.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect and fabulous on you! :appl: :love: I love how it matches up well with all of your other pieces! Your growing collection is completely amazing! :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow DS! You are quite productive lately :love:
I saw the pics of your Get Together with Mom2boys and the look is made for you!
You have a gorgeous necklace. I love the different looks! My fave look is when you wear it short as a double strand or together with your 2 other necklaces! Stunning. Please post a lot more pics. You have such a beautiful collection. Could you also make a group pic?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1406398855|3721064 said:
It looks perfect and fabulous on you! :appl: :love: I love how it matches up well with all of your other pieces! Your growing collection is completely amazing! :cheeky:

Thank you so much for letting me try yours!! That really helped me realize I wanted stones close to the same size, plus I needed the extra length for my height! I do think it really can be layered with every necklace I have! Thanks!

Acinom said:
Wow DS! You are quite productive lately :love:
I saw the pics of your Get Together with Mom2boys and the look is made for you!
You have a gorgeous necklace. I love the different looks! My fave look is when you wear it short as a double strand or together with your 2 other necklaces! Stunning. Please post a lot more pics. You have such a beautiful collection. Could you also make a group pic?

Thanks, Acinom! Truly it really is a staple item for me, and I just took awhile to bite the bullet and make it! But I think it will be one of the pieces I wear the most! Gosh, I should make a group pic of some things sometime. I just need a little better picture quality than these! I will see what I can do!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: Looks great on you and it will quickly become one of your favorite necklaces as it is so versatile. Enjoy in health and happiness. :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great presence, and gorgeous on you - and you have so many ways to wear it, love the versatility - enjoy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice DS - you should get a lot of wear out of that piece!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Missy, Mary, and MGR!

Missy, I must have looked at your thread a million times as I planned mine! I just had to make mine a little longer because I am probably taller than you and mom2boys!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, your DBTY necklace is fabulous and looks terrific on you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC on you, DS!! the perfect length and pairs beautifully w your existing necklace. I love it doubled, too, as a choker - such versatility will pay for itself in no time!

Love it!

radiantbeauty

Shiny_Rock
DS, WOW! I LOVE ALL of your necklaces! :love: :love: :love: You really do have wonderful taste in jewelry. :appl: :appl: I love the look of all of them worn together. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: They are such classics pieces that you can wear so many ways!

Beautiful, just beautiful!!! :love: :love: You wear them perfectly!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Enjoy your lovelies!!! :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy and enerchi...thank you both so much!

radiantbeauty...thank you, too!!! I wish mine had BIG gorgeous stones like yours, but since I knew I would use this to wear with another necklace some of the time, I think they work for my purposes! But I think more than one is a great idea! :bigsmile:

radiantbeauty

Shiny_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's really I who wants to have gorgeous stones like in your lovely collection ;)) ;))

I think it's a great idea to layer the longer necklaces together. Hmmmmm...Maybe I should get another longer one :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

I don't know why my entire post was completely in bold, sorry about that. :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
radiantbeauty|1406429802|3721266 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's really I who wants to have gorgeous stones like in your lovely collection ;)) ;))

I think it's a great idea to layer the longer necklaces together. Hmmmmm...Maybe I should get another longer one :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

I don't know why my entire post was completely in bold, sorry about that. :cheeky:

Yes, by all means get another one! We can enable each other! :lol:

radiantbeauty

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1406432495|3721291 said:
radiantbeauty|1406429802|3721266 said:

Yes, by all means get another one! We can enable each other! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds good to me!! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice :appl:

I like how it can be doubled-over as an alternative way of wearing it.

Wear it in good health.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely necklace! It looks good any way you wear it. It's great that you can mix and match it with your current piece to create various wearing styles. :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love: :love: You ladies are starting to make me want one!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
That's downright gorgeous... what a glamorous length!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1406416582|3721184 said:
Thanks so much Missy, Mary, and MGR!

Missy, I must have looked at your thread a million times as I planned mine! I just had to make mine a little longer because I am probably taller than you and mom2boys!

I'm so glad my thread was helpful! I think that was almost 2 years ago and I remember taking pics everywhere because I found it difficult to capture the beauty of the necklace with the cell camera. I am sure my neighbors thought I was crazy as I was posing the necklace against the ocean and sand in the backyard lol. But well worth it to get the pics.

And I hope you enjoy your gorgeous platinum DBTY for many many years to come. I still love mine and it goes with almost everything and can be worn anywhere. I really love your DBTY paired with your Leslie Greene necklace. Be still my heart with all that classic and elegant bling. :love: :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This is a fantastic piece!! An absolute classic! I love how it looks solo or with your cross and longer necklace. What great combos! A long DBTY is now officially on my "dream pieces I must someday have!" list. ;-)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super fabulous!! :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS
Very beautiful necklace! I like the long version... :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, cflutist, thecat, Andelain, Vampira, Missy, Rosebloom, Mayk, and DF! :wavey: I just wish the pictures did justice to the necklace!

Andelain..I think you should pull an Andelain! ;))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful classic necklace. The length is perfect and pairs so well with your other necklace.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and classy!!! A luxury staple item for sure! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats DS, on adding another classic piece to your permanent collection. Lovely acquisition!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Looks so lovely on you. :love:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
That looks fantastic on you DS! What a perfect, versatile piece. You have such wonderful taste!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results