shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Tiffany Soleste and double Halo owners :)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All!

It has been years since I last posted- 4 to be exact! This forum was such a huge help with my engagement ring
My husband gave me a 2.5 J VS1, OMB/Antique Cushion ( 1.15 Ratio). It is currently set in a solitaire setting flanked by 2 bullets...The setting was also done by Mark at ERD. In the last few years I have "suffered" (haha) from severe diamond shrinkage... I have always admired the HW inspired Pave Halo rings, but thought at the time of my original ring design that wanted something more classic... I now am leaning towards a double halo. However, I am looking for a very, very delicate ring. Stir Fry recently posted a beautiful ring- pretty much exactly what I am looking for... does anyone else have any more like this to share? I wear a size 4, so please include ring size so I can see the finger coverage :) I think

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry... my submission was acting wonky. As much as I love Mark at ERD I don't think he will be the right man for the job, so to speak... I am leaning towards contacting Maytal, SK and VC. A double halo is a very interesting breed, if not executed correctly it starts to teeter into that "RHR/Cocktail Ring" world. Anyway, Thank you in Advance!! :wavey:

Tru

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say I find your current e-ring stunning!!
And the stone looks huge and even extra huge because of your tiny fingers.
Perhaps combining it with a band gives you some chance to vary a bit?

But you should be the one who loves the ring and enjoys wearing it. All the best in your hunt for a two row halo ring.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
What exactly is your budget?

I would actaully disagree about the double halo has i think ERD has improved leaps and bounds with their pave halos in the last 3-4 years where others quality has gone down.

Are you looking for a straight out copy of a soleste or something slightly different. If you want a straight copy then any of the vendors you mentioned early can do it.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom- Thank you so much...I do love my ring, but it's time for a change. The stone really is exquisite, and I not change the stone, but after all of these years I'm still dreaming of a halo... but I appreciate the love!!

SB621- I reached out to Mark for a quote, I'm happy to hear that their pave work has really improved- he is a wonderful vendor and was a pleasure to work with... my budget is around $5k max... I am not opposed to a single halo either... I actually really loved Stir Fry ' s ring...so it's doesn't need to be a straight up replica of the Tiffany ring...I just don't want a lot of met or a chunky halo... will my budget work?

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Trulove,
I also adore your original setting, but if you have your heart set on the double halo, I say go for it :naughty: You've obviously been thinking about this for a while :D . Of the vendors you have mentioned I have first hand experience with Steven Kirsch and can highly recommend him. He made me a double halo for a .91ct y-z radiant. It is incredible well made and delicate and Steven is so easy to work with. My ring is definitely in the RH cocktail ring category as it's all yellow lol but I absolutely love it. Steven will work with you as to how delicate you would like it. I originally wanted the single halo but Steven convinced me to go for the double, and I'm so glad I did as the coverage is AMAZING. However mine is under a carat, so I can only imaging what your 2.5 would look like :love: .
I'd say contact some of your chosen vendors for a quote, mine came in under your budget, but I have a plain shank and a smaller stone but intricate gallery so you never know. Dying to see how this turns out. Here are a few pics of mine;

_20572.jpg

_20573.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Scarlett1|1406136773|3719190 said:
Hi Trulove,
I also adore your original setting, but if you have your heart set on the double halo, I say go for it :naughty: You've obviously been thinking about this for a while :D . Of the vendors you have mentioned I have first hand experience with Steven Kirsch and can highly recommend him. He made me a double halo for a .91ct y-z radiant. It is incredible well made and delicate and Steven is so easy to work with. My ring is definitely in the RH cocktail ring category as it's all yellow lol but I absolutely love it. Steven will work with you as to how delicate you would like it. I originally wanted the single halo but Steven convinced me to go for the double, and I'm so glad I did as the coverage is AMAZING. However mine is under a carat, so I can only imaging what your 2.5 would look like :love: .
I'd say contact some of your chosen vendors for a quote, mine came in under your budget, but I have a plain shank and a smaller stone but intricate gallery so you never know. Dying to see how this turns out. Here are a few pics of mine;

Scarlett1 first of all your ring is exquisite!!!! I love it... His work looks incredible. I am happy to hear that he convinced you to do somethibg different, as I am totally open to doing 1 halo Vs. A double... In case he thinks it would take away from the stone or just look like too much on my finger. I am happy to hear he is at least in the ballpark, I was thinking it might be too much of a stretch with my budget and if I could be below, hallelujah! We will see, there are so many factors. Do you have more pics in another post-would be interested to see the prongs and donut!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. Here is a link for my original thread;
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/steven-kirschs-sunshine-and-flowers.196836/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/steven-kirschs-sunshine-and-flowers.196836/[/URL]
The ring was originally made with a fancy intense halo, but After a while the change in colour between the centre and the halo started to bug me so asked Steven if he would change to match my centre stone and he did :)
I don't have a donut as such as my gallery is slightly unusual. I'm sure he'd be happy to send you photo's of other double halos he's done. I think pricing can vary a bit between vendors depending on the project and what they'd like to take on. That's what I found anyway, I was open to doing something a bit different and I think that appealed to Steven. Good luck in your search!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Scarlett1- so I heard back from SK- he is significantly over budget :( probably because it will require more melee around the 2.5 carats... I still am waiting to hear back from a few others. I am getting so excited about the project!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get more favourable quotes from the others you've contacted. Going to be an amazing project !!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Scarlett1! I will definitely keep you all posted. So far Maytal has been on par and she seems lovely!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dsc_0348.jpg

dsc_0330.jpg

Not sure if this is helpful.

I am a 4.5. The center is an aquamarine.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsMom- stunning! What size is your center stone? A true Tiffany- lucky lady!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
TruLuv I hate to say it but I think SK, LM and VC will all be over 5k. I know for the single halo version on a 2ct it was starting out around 5k and that was two years ago. I really would reach out to ERD. They are usually my top choice. Typically I would add in Grace and Erica but I'm not a fan of their pave with this particular style of halo. If you were doing something more antique I would reach out to them. However if you want options I would add them to the list to get quotes, it can never hurt. I have been told I'm overall critical on my pave comparisions :bigsmile:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi SB621- I did receive quotes that were higher than $5k- but not unachievable... The reality is, I'm lucky to be a little flexible on this... If I needed to go up another $1k- it wouldn't necessarily be a dealbreaker... however, MH came in at a very comfortable budget and her original design is what pushed me to a double halo design anyway- so I think I may have found my jeweler!

Von03

Shiny_Rock
I have a size 4 1/2 ring size. I also have a 4ct. Set in a split shank double halo. I love my setting as it's very delicate. I don't know what the melee size is though. Thought pics might help though.

_20625.jpg

_20626.jpg

_20627.jpg

_20628.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Von03- :love: your ring is stunning!!!! This is exactly what I hope to achieve- OMG!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. When executed properly this setting is exquisite! Who created it?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Von03-swooooon! :love: :love: :love: thank you for sharing. It's absolutely perfect- and it doesn't look too big or chunky at all- and it's 4 carats!! Mine will be 2.5, and I thought it might be overkill to double halo, but after seeing this masterpiece I think it will be my forever ring and I will no longer suffer from DSS! It is literally a work of art, I'm sure people stop you all the time!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I'm sure HM will do a beautiful job!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
SB621- I think so too!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a double halo (from Blue Nile, the "Duet") and LOVED it! It was my favorite ring of all the ones I've owned over the years. 0.77 ct on a size 7.5 finger. The pave appeared sturdy and done well.

picture_11.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619- your ring is lovely! Definitely looks so much bigger with the double halo!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh, Thank you Acinom!! Can't wait to check it out!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw your thread about adding some pink in the gallery. Scarlett's beautiful ring has a truly stunning gallery:

_20701.jpg

_20702.jpg

_20703.jpg

_20704.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more...

_20705.jpg

_20706.jpg

_20707.jpg

_20708.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom- OMG! :love: that is absolutely stunning!!! Yes, yes! It will probably be around $100 per pink melee, so I will have to be super selective, but I just love how beautiful this looks- it is a work of art. I posted another thread on SMTB in hopes that people would share pink accents on their rings/baskets, etc. The k you so much for finding this. Def adding to my folder of goodies!! You are the best!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your new setting, it is going to be beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results