carat
color
clarity

FCDs, Do these colours go together?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all,

Just Got 3 FCDs from Leibish.

First is a FIY, I really love. The inside looks like a hologram.
fiy.jpg

Next up is a Fancy Deep Brownish Yellow Orange. The pictures came out way more Brown and dark than it looks in real life. If anyone wants to correct the pictures (*cough* kenny *cough*) feel free. Its brighter in diffuse light than direct sunlight. Not sure about it.
fdboy.jpg

Last is a Fancy Grey. I think it looks more Grey in pictures than in real life. But it is nice.
fg.jpg

My question is if you think the orange and the yellow would look good together in a pendant? Honest opinions are welcome, considering returning the Orange. Some times It looks awesome, sometimes it looks like a dog.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Two more pics of the Orange.

fdboy2.jpg
fdbyo.jpg

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Any idea how you plan to set them or put them together? I would say the yellow and the orange could work but not so sure about the gray.

Kroshka

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
BP- how about putting all three in one box together and taking a pic?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1406077070|3718686 said:

Ok I will try Doing that.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1406077070|3718686 said:

That will be most helpful, so even if the colour is off, they are all off in equal amounts, making the comparison fair and accurate.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go, I've tried to get pictures that accurately capture what the Orange looks like. The yellow looks close and the grey is a bit lighter than in real life for these pics.

all_three.jpg
all_three_2.jpg
all_three_3.jpg
all_three_4.jpg
all_three_5.jpg

ETA: The fourth pic is the closest to what it looks like in direct sunlight.
And the last is closest to what it looks like in indirect light.

ETA2: Yes it looks browner in direct light, more orange in indirect light.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All 3 go well together in the exact arrangement as shown. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The orange and yellow play off each other nicely, but I think they take away from the grey, making it look more like an off color white diamond. You may want to set that one on its own to enhance it's greyness.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1406301002|3720504 said:
The orange and yellow play off each other nicely, but I think they take away from the grey, making it look more like an off color white diamond. You may want to set that one on its own to enhance it's greyness.

Yeah the yellow and the Orange will be clustered together.
The Grey would be clustered with a blue or green. Still working on getting that gem.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I guess I am the only one, but I am not loving the orange with the yellow. The yellow looks like a pure highlighter yellow, whereas I see a lot of brown in the orange.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I think the differing tones of the yellow and the browish yellowish orange kind of clash.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Not loving the orange either, the grey and yellow are more "crisp" and the orange is more "muddy" if that makes sense. However, if you like it- that is what is important. Are you having doubts, too? I know you said the colors mean something- so do you need to stay with orange to go with the yellow or are other colors a possibility?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Not loving the orange either, the grey and yellow are more "crisp" and the orange is more "muddy" if that makes sense. However, if you like it- that is what is important. Are you having doubts, too? I know you said the colors mean something- so do you need to stay with orange to go with the yellow or are other colors a possibility?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1406312057|3720583 said:

I do have doubts. I sometines I really think it will work. Sometimes I don't like it. I don't get what you mean by muddy. Care to elaborate?

I want a bright colour. It can't be blue, green or purple. I'd rather not get pink. I think orange are the only options left. If you have another suggestion for colour, I'd like to hear it.

FrekeChild|1406310729|3720572 said:
pregcurious|1406305259|3720539 said:
I guess I am the only one, but I am not loving the orange with the yellow. The yellow looks like a pure highlighter yellow, whereas I see a lot of brown in the orange.
Nope, not the only one. I feel the same.

Do you have Leibish pics of the orange?

This one looks interesting:
http://www.leibish.com/orange-diamond/023ct-fancy-vivid-yellow-orange-radiant-si2-116322-18061

Here is the leibish pic:
0_28.jpg

That one you posted is out of budget.

Here are a few others I'm considering. But they are all over budget, but not as bad as the one you sent:
http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/025ct-fancy-intense-orange-yellow-round-si2-101148-16950
http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/026ct-fancy-intense-orange-yellow-cushion-si1-114843-17893
http://www.reddiam.com/diamonds_in.aspx?id=288

ETA: It should be a Round, oval, cushion or Heart.

Hopefully the lurkers aren't looking for an orange :???:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like that color combo together. The orange is looking very brown. The gray and yellow are SO pretty on their own, but don't really work together.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think the new yellow/oranges are too yellow and clash with your FIY.

I looked around and did not find an orange I liked, but I think one that is slightly red would complement your stone. However, it will be extremely expensive if it does not have much brown in it.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Opinions seem to be spilt. Just like mine :lol:

I'll have to spend a few more days with it, in different lighting conditions to see how I like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results