color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ephsea|1405547230|3714661 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5a45s-ynog
2.19 ct. pink Mahenge spinel for 1,000$. I haven't bought off this seller/fb group yet, but I noticed Jeff Davies sells on it and returns are accepted. I'm no expert, but looked like the kind of thing someone here would be interested in?

Reminds me of watermelon jolly rancher. :))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This opal is tiny but so gorgeous. And probably the only size harlequin I'd ever be able to afford!

http://www.opalauctions.com/auctions/black-opal/item-309288

5x5x2mm 1N $625
Gem Australian Black Opal from Lightning Ridge displaying a Brilliant 'Full Spectrum' Harlequin Pattern. This Opal has amazing colours in every angle. The shape of the Opal is perfectly round and smooth. It is an absolute beautiful piece.

_20303.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1405560973|3714757 said:
This opal is tiny but so gorgeous. And probably the only size harlequin I'd ever be able to afford!

5x5x2mm 1N $625
Gem Australian Black Opal from Lightning Ridge displaying a Brilliant 'Full Spectrum' Harlequin Pattern. This Opal has amazing colours in every angle. The shape of the Opal is perfectly round and smooth. It is an absolute beautiful piece.

Thanks for sharing! Wow it looks almost unreal :twirl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soo. I bought this beauty, and ended up returning it as its just too large for me (ring pop large) ;( .... but it is amazingly cut by Roger Dery... Wished I could rock it, but I already have a blue/green tourmaline already in a size just a tad smaller and less deep. I sure love step cuts... The imperfection on the screen cannot be seen IRl!.. however there is another inclusion that is dark little speck that you could make out through the table but masked well enough. I thought I'd post it anyways to help show color (in office lighting with fluroscent lighting) although The color IRL is a little more greener and not this dark (more closer to the picture in the ring holder) :sick: and maybe hope someone could pick up this beauty and rock it :love:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-green-tourmaline-precision-cut-660ct-green-tourmaline-asscher-cut-rich-color-r3889

dblderyasschertourmaline.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5x5x2mm 1N $625

Wow.....

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

5x5x2mm 1N $625

Gorgeous. One day I want a black opal...

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ephsea said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5a45s-ynog
2.19 ct. pink Mahenge spinel for 1,000$. I haven't bought off this seller/fb group yet, but I noticed Jeff Davies sells on it and returns are accepted. I'm no expert, but looked like the kind of thing someone here would be interested in?
I've bought several of my favorite CS off that FB group! Both sellers I've bought from are also on PS as trade members. Haven't bought from this guy but I believe Jason vets all sellers on the group so should be legit.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The saturation is low in the video for the Mahenge spinel.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

5x5x2mm 1N $625

I want this so badly ;(

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Jeff Davies just posted this one on his Facebook page and I thought for a minute it was the affordable sapphire everyone is always looking for. Instead, it is a blue spinel, 2.07 carats, calibrated 8mm, $425. I bet it's gone before I finish with the photo. 10537161_10152617710779357_4033196198238025366_n.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I talked myself into the spinel. Waiting for the invoice now. Am prepared for it to be darker than the photo. Looks good on video, though....

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1406083427|3718749 said:
I talked myself into the spinel. Waiting for the invoice now. Am prepared for it to be darker than the photo. Looks good on video, though....

I was going to buy it but I just saw your message. Please let me know if you end up returning it.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I will let you know, but it spoke to me.....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious to see how the blue spinel looks IRL. At least the cutting is beyond reproach.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I want to hear about the spinel too. Wow! Darker or not, wow. The opal is incredible too.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
boerumbiddy|1406083427|3718749 said:

Please do post photos -- and i hope it will be just as you want it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That spinel looks amazing. please give us hand shots!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Tere may not be handshots. Have my eye on a lovely pendant on Loupetroop. Waiting to hear from seller.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
This is NOT the blue spinel discussed above, but a sapphire the Loupetroop seller used as an example for the setting listing. It is supposed to fit an 8-mm stone. She says "David" set it for her; wonder if she means David Klass? Anyway it was a fire sale, she said, and looked like a terrific bargain to me! I will probably have the setting before I get the stone. I caught it a few hours after she listed it and an hour after I posted a WTB for a ring setting in white gold, but I think a pendant will work better for me. Running out of fingers. Should I put this on jewelry pieces or make a separate colored stones thread?
bistro_3_022.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I must know about this facebook group. How do I find it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1406258717|3720250 said:
Should I put this on jewelry pieces or make a separate colored stones thread?

Why, here, of course, since it involves something coloured. :naughty:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Jeff Davies, who works out of Thailand, posts his most recent cuts on his page here:

https://www.facebook.com/jeffery.davies.9?fref=ts

The name of the page is

Jeff Davies Gems Jewellery

(Please note unusual spellings.)

You will also find tempting things on
Fine Faceted Gems & Cabs Auctions
and
Fine Faceted Gems & Cabs Market

Both are groups that you have to join.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I had found jeff before but I had to 'friend' him and I'm a bit precious about keeping my fb private. ..

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He also posts inventory on Pinterest, if you prefer.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
But don't you have to send him a message on Facebook to actually buy something?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
boerumbiddy|1406300182|3720495 said:
But don't you have to send him a message on Facebook to actually buy something?

You can send him a message on Facebook without friending him. It goes in the infamous "Other" folder. If you do, I can send him a message telling him to check it, just in case.

Or you can comment on one of his pins, asking for a way to contact him.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
For some reason I am unable to see his wall without befriending him.

Just joined the groups. . Thank you!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
boerumbiddy|1406258717|3720250 said:
This is NOT the blue spinel discussed above, but a sapphire the Loupetroop seller used as an example for the setting listing. It is supposed to fit an 8-mm stone. She says "David" set it for her; wonder if she means David Klass? Anyway it was a fire sale, she said, and looked like a terrific bargain to me! I will probably have the setting before I get the stone. I caught it a few hours after she listed it and an hour after I posted a WTB for a ring setting in white gold, but I think a pendant will work better for me. Running out of fingers. Should I put this on jewelry pieces or make a separate colored stones thread?
bistro_3_022.jpg

CS. Jewelry Pieces has very little traffic, and CS is your people.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DianeM|1406775474|3723532 said:
I just saw that vickygigi has been offering a lot of nice items on Loupe Troop, including a ring with a Mahenge spinel and diamonds (already sold). Worth a look, I think, especially since her prices are quite low.

Also, weblorn (gems) is having a 40% off sale on her eBay site, viewable at www.ebay.com/sch/weblorn/m.html????

Diane

I saw Vicky's fire sale of stones also, and missed out on one great offer, even though I emailed just moments after it was posted. :cry:

Thx for posting about weblorn. I found something on that page as well that is close to what I needed, and hoping my offer will be accepted. :pray:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results