shape
carat
color
clarity

HOLY Moly! Which One Of These?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So, Jose, is back from vacation at Tahitian pearls biz, and he sent me these pics of new stuff that isn't on the site yet. These are all in natural light, no fancy diffusers, which just confuse me.

I told him

I Don't think I like the mutli-tonal look, I'd like all the pearls to be close, or the same, in color.

I think that what I ultimately want is a tahitian necklace in round or semi-round that shows a nice body color (blue or green) in natural light, without the diffuser.

I want to wear it and have people think "what an unusual and pretty strand of pearls", so if you think you have something cool, I'm open. :)

First up is a cherry strand, round. It is Pricey :shock: .

Second shot is the cherry round, a pistachio golden (but I already have the goldens) and a green strand. What do you think?

cherry-round.jpg

three-round-fancy-strands.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That first cherry strand is amazing. So lustrous so round and so rich. If those colors would flatter your coloring that's the one I would choose. :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Next up is some baroques, including

a cherry baroque,

blue baroque, and a shot of the

2 baroques and the one I currently have on hold (the greenish one)

cherry-sb.jpg

blugreen-sb.jpg

three-sb.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
missy|1406149543|3719326 said:
That first cherry strand is amazing. So lustrous so round and so rich. If those colors would flatter your coloring that's the one I would choose. :love:

Thanks, Missy :) That's my only thought, it's so dark, not sure how it would look on my skin. Plus the cost is breathtaking. :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:

Thanks, Missy :) That's my only thought, it's so dark, not sure how it would look on my skin.

oops, I need to wait till you finish. Sorry iLander. But I am loving those blue baroques!!! How would those look on your skin? And of course the cost is a big consideration.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
missy said:
iLander said:

Thanks, Missy :) That's my only thought, it's so dark, not sure how it would look on my skin.

oops, I need to wait till you finish. Sorry iLander. But I am loving those blue baroques!!! How would those look on your skin? And of course the cost is a big consideration.

I like the color of the blues, but they may be too baroque for me.

But I love them all!! :love: :love: ;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1406149850|3719331 said:
missy said:
iLander said:

I like the color of the blues, but they may be too baroque for me.

But I love them all!! :love: :love: ;(

I hear you. I love symmetry too.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love blue and green pearls. So my choice would be the green round on the right and blue baroque inside. Although, if you like lighter pearls, that original green baroque looks very nice in this pic. What's mm size of these?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are all stunning! Jose has picked strands for you with great overtones. These don't have the grey look that the less expensive strands on his web site do.

I love the green one, or any of the peacocks. I think the blue-green may be too baroque for you. That first one is a killer strand, and I'm sure the price reflects that. You need to see how the cherry-green looks against your skin. In some strands it can blend into a brownish color, but I'm thinking Jose has preselected strands for you where that won't happen. These look absolutely amazing.

The question is: how baroque (or broke...pun intended) can you go? :naughty: There really is a trade off with Tahitians.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Those first three are amazing. I may like the green on the right the most, if you already have the incredible center color.

The baroques, while beautiful, are not baroque shapes I gravitate towards. I like drop baroque shapes, personally. Smooth or lightly circled for Tahitians.

What excellent choices you have! Please keep us posted.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
be still my beating heart! pistachio golden just lit up my pleasure brain center!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1406151402|3719342 said:
I love blue and green pearls. So my choice would be the green round on the right and blue baroque inside. Although, if you like lighter pearls, that original green baroque looks very nice in this pic. What's mm size of these?
+1. My first choice would be green rounds followed by blue baroques. I assume the blue baroques are cheaper though, if price plays a part in the decision process.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the three round pearls, I can appreciate why the cherry strand is likely to be the most expensive due to its shape and lustre. However, my personal preference is for the green strand as I like greens and blues.

Of the 3 baroque strands, although I like the colour of the blue/green strand, I am not keen on the shape of the pearls. The outmost strand is too multi-colour for my liking, and again, not too keen on the shapes. Therefore, the middle strand wins for me overall.

DK :))

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the blue baroques and round cherry!

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Ohh, that blue baroque strand is tdf. Q_Q Though the cherries are amazing too.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ilander - Tough choice! What colors do you like to wear? Are you a warm, earth tone person or cool blue/green? Do you wear lots of bright colors in your wardrobe or maybe basic black most of the time? Not that matching matters but it could help you decide which color pearl would look better on you. Personally I like the green or the blue baroque. I agree that on some people cherry can look brownish which is not a good color for me. That pistacchio gold, though, is striking! Good luck and keep us in the loop!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
You guys had some excellent points and made me look at the strands very carefully. Thank you! :appl:

Here are my thoughts after reading all your posts:

The round cherry strand is world class, no question. It's amazing quality and stunningly beautiful. Not sure how it will work with my skin tone, and it's above my budget. But it is tempting, maybe I can sell some other jewelry to help defer the cost.

The pistachio golden is stunning, but I purchased a deep golden strand from Jose a while back, and that "slot" in my wardrobe is filled. I love my goldens and this one is amazing.

The green round is gorgeous and is a color I would frequently wear. I have asked about the price on it.

The cherry baroque has stunning colors and is really cool. It might be a good solution to not being able to afford the round, still wondering about my skin tone.

The blue green baroque is a fantastic color, and I'm thinking that removing the center pearl would make it not "too baroque" for me.

The last strand (mentioned in my preevious thread), in the picture of three, is still pretty nice, but these new options are nicer.

So, I'm still thinking, mulling. Any other feedback is welcome. :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander, when will more info be available re the pistachio?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
iLander, when will more info be available re the pistachio?

I didn't ask about that one, mozo. Just email him [email protected] and ask, he's slammed just coming back from vacation, but he's been responding to me in the evenings.

If you decide to get it, PLEASE :pray: start a thread, it's a stunner!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm probably too cheap to buy it......but i'll drop him a line anyway.
I've got a pearl ring being made, just bought a 52 inch strand from Jeremy, and purchased a black spinel from Doug at Bespoke as well. I've go "projects" I should do instead of purchasing another pearl necklace.....sigh.

and, yes, I'm behind in posting pictures of pearls here, including the one I bought as my "summer" necklace from Catherine a few months back....one day I will catch up with pictures as well.

thanks, iLander, for more temptation!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1406314701|3720597 said:
I've got a pearl ring being made, just bought a 52 inch strand from Jeremy, and purchased a black spinel from Doug at Bespoke as well. I've go "projects" I should do instead of purchasing another pearl necklace.....sigh.

and, yes, I'm behind in posting pictures of pearls here, including the one I bought as my "summer" necklace from Catherine a few months back....one day I will catch up with pictures as well.

I go to pearls once in a while because colored stones are so HARD. :knockout: Find the stinkin' stone (which takes months), then a setting (more months). Pearls arrive all done!

I'm debating between the blue baroque and the cherry baroque . . . :love: :cheeky:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1406315082|3720601 said:
movie zombie|1406314701|3720597 said:

I go to pearls once in a while because colored stones are so HARD. :knockout: Find the stinkin' stone (which takes months), then a setting (more months). Pearls arrive all done!

I'm debating between the blue baroque and the cherry baroque . . . :love: :cheeky:
They're so different! Seems like there'd be room in your collection for both. :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
how are you going to make your decision, iLander?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a tough decision. I like the first cherry or the blue the best. They are all really nice though.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
First of all .. I love the Cherry and the Green rounds. Love Love Love !
Second of all ... the baroques don't do it for me.. I love drop shapes. But that's me. I like the blue and if they can switch out a pearl or two that would be a good way to go.

Always with pearls you need to know your budget. It's never a good idea to look at strands that are way above what you are happy to spend as then it puts the affordable ones in a poor light.

If the cherry are too much then forget about them. There will always be a cherry strand in the future if you really decide that's what you want eventually.

Think about what you wear and which type of strand you will get the most use out of...

The point is..be a bit practical because it's a fair bit of money and you want to get something that you love and will wear often.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
katbran said:
Second of all ... the baroques don't do it for me.. I love drop shapes. But that's me. I like the blue and if they can switch out a pearl or two that would be a good way to go.

Always with pearls you need to know your budget. It's never a good idea to look at strands that are way above what you are happy to spend as then it puts the affordable ones in a poor light.

If the cherry are too much then forget about them. There will always be a cherry strand in the future if you really decide that's what you want eventually.

Think about what you wear and which type of strand you will get the most use out of...

The point is..be a bit practical because it's a fair bit of money and you want to get something that you love and will wear often.

Hmmmm . . . that's a bit condescending.

Especially on a sight that's all about looking at beautiful (and expensive) things. :rolleyes:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1406380972|3720960 said:
katbran said:

Hmmmm . . . that's a bit condescending.

Especially on a sight that's all about looking at beautiful (and expensive) things. :rolleyes:

imo, one gets educated and develops their eye by looking at pearls/color stones/diamonds "way" over their budget. it is also the only way to decide which tradeoffs I'm willing to make. and how am I to know if I am getting $ value for my budget or maybe even have run into a good deal if I haven't gotten educated?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Not sure why my comment is seen as condescending .. I was aiming for practical advice..obviously I missed that mark. :doh:

IF the thread had been about looking at pearls in general and why one strand might be more expensive or 'better' than another then I wouldn't have said it. Because then the thread would have been about education and as movie Zombie most rightly pointed out..looking at all levels of quality and price is a practical way of learning about pearls and values. Well said ..totally agree. :appl:

However, because this thread is about which strand to BUY then I was questioning the value of looking at something that apparently isn't financially 'on the menu' . If iLander hadn't said they were too expensive I wouldn't have mentioned it...I would have said .. buy the Cherry or Green rounds ! As I think they are both Gorgeous with a captiol G ! :love:

So, no condescension intended ! And looking at the baroques again.. I do like the greens as well. He certainly picked out some nice strands for you to consider and if you aren't happy with one or two of the pearls I'm sure he'd switch them out.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
point appreciated, katbran.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am drawn to the green rounds and the blue green baroques. Good luck deciding!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results