shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Diamond Melee?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking about possibly incorporating some pink diamond melee into my new ER reset... we are talking about a very minimal amount... perhaps a few on a basket, or the donut... I plan to have a double halo made and thought maybe a few pink stones might add some interest... how much price wise would this add- based on your own experience? What is the average? We are probably talking 6 stones total? Again minimal- but I know these are rare, so I wasn't sure on price? Thank you!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
This is a topic that has been discussed a few times recently in detail if you'd like to do a search for more info. But It will depend on who the vendor is and the color pink you want. If you are setting your pinks in a white metal you need at least fancy intense pink to show as pink. If you are setting them in rose gold- intense pink is still good- but you can go to fancy pink, and if you want just a hint of pink- fancy light. Last month fancy pinks in the 1 point range (1.3mm) from Leibish were around 6500.00/ ct. I've heard anywhere from $4000.00 (looks more like light pinks, but called fancy pink) to even $10,000/ ct. Expect intense pinks to be significantly more than fancy pinks.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel- thank you...I tried to do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for... This information was very helpful!

Sophie2788

Rough_Rock
Depends what size and intensity they start at $16 ea for light pink & $24 ea for an intense but these are really tiny ones, this is from my own research and off a vendor I've seen another price scope member purchase them off :)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie2788|1406245093|3720093 said:
Depends what size and intensity they start at $16 ea for light pink & $24 ea for an intense but these are really tiny ones, this is from my own research and off a vendor I've seen another price scope member purchase them off :)

Sophie- Thank you... This is the ballpark I was looking for!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Sophie2788|1406246820|3720119 said:

Did you actually purchase any melee or talk with Marc? I talked with him a year ago and he had very little melee in any size available in fancy or intense pink- he only had light fancy available in any quantity despite it showing availability on his website and in his words it was "quite light". he also stated to me that he was having trouble finding more. It would be good to know if he has been able to find another source for it.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PinkJewel... Mark made my first ring, but he will not be doing my reset. I will likely be moving forward with Maytal Hannah, who has already advised me that securing these wouldn't be an issue...seeing as to how I am only interested in a few, I am pretty comfortable with the price range provided. I am not sure who her source is? Although- I hadn't considered buying them directly myself and save quite a bit. Do you think this is a better option? I'm just afraid I wouldn't get the right color and they would be more purple than pink?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel- I just realized you said "Marc" and I assumed you meant Mark at ERD- who made my original ER... haha... sorry about that- and the answer is no I have not.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
The Marc I was referring to is Marc from Africa Gems that was the link provided by the poster. No, I think you should absolutely get them thru Maytal. Many vendors won't even work with customer provided melee. She has very nice pinks and a good eye for what will work. You're in good hands =)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel- honestly, you just saying that made me feel so much better! Thank you! I'm probably looking at $95-110 per... which sounds expensive but pretty accurate. I only want a fee to add something special- so I think it's worth it.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
TruLuv858|1406296749|3720469 said:
Pinkjewel- honestly, you just saying that made me feel so much better! Thank you! I'm probably looking at $95-110 per... which sounds expensive but pretty accurate. I only want a fee to add something special- so I think it's worth it.
Price sounds right to me- I think it's worth it, too!! ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results