shape
carat
color
clarity

Great experience with Wink at High Performance Diamonds

am0n

Rough_Rock
It's been a few months now since I first came to PS after putting money down on an engagement ring and not feeling satisfied. The friendly posters on PS quickly pointed out that for the kind of money I was looking to spend, I could find a better quality diamond and ring by doing some additional research/shopping around.

One of those posters was Wink from High Performance Diamonds. He provided me significant insight into the diamond and engagement ring process and after browsing his website I managed to find a setting I (and my fiancee) really liked. I was hesitant at first to contact him as, while his diamonds are great quality, they were above the price range I was hoping to stay within. However, our first conversation put that to rest as I found he was more than happy to help me locate a diamond that we would love within my budget and his connection with Vatche helped ensure we also got the setting we had our eye on. Throughout the process he was prompt in helping me evaluate potential candidates and when we finally settled on one, helped to get the order in and received before the summer vacation for Vatche.

Melissa at HPD was also very helpful. Originally I had wanted to get synthetic diamonds for color, but after evaluating my options I ended up with a natural white diamond. To add color, though, Melissa helped me coordinate with Vatche to substitute the surprise diamonds in the setting with sapphires, which have been a real treat in bringing a bit of uniqueness to the ring.

Wink also pointed out to me the importance of making a proposal something worth remembering. While I can't say mine was as elaborate as some of the stories he told me, so far everyone (including my fiancee) have loved how I did it. There is a board game we play occasionally where, once you defeat an enemy, you receive a piece of treasure. With the help of a friend and Photoshop, I manage to create a treasure card that fit well into the game and planned it so that about midway through the game she'd draw the card. Even though I fumbled a bit when I got home that day, almost tipping her off, by time we got into the game she had completely forgot about it and was completely surprised. She was so into the game she almost didn't read the card!

Once again, I'd like to pass along my thanks to Wink and Melissa at High Performance Diamonds for their help in making this a special occasion for both of us.

(Neither of us are very good at photos, so I apologize in advance for the terrible pictures!)

20140627_184807.jpg

20140627_184633.jpg

20140627_184847.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: ring.. someday I hope to have Mr. Wink make me a ring.. thank you for sharing!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha That playing card is genius! :clap: :mrgreen:

Congrats on your engagement, and on choosing Wink - he is a gent :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results