shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me sort out my eternity band issues!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
So, exactly one year from the day I got my 10 year anniversary ring, my husband took me to a jewelry store to pick out a band to go with it. It was such a romantic gesture and so refreshingly impulsive for a chronic overthinker like myself that I just went with it. The band looked pretty and sparkly and fit well with my ring so we bought it. At the time I think I looked a little stressed and my husband said, "What? Is this too easy for you?" :lol: Well, I think the answer is YES! The band is A. Jaffe 18k YG .30 ct. very skinny.

I have 4 days for a full return. Need to decide pronto! Here are my main concerns/questions:

1. It isn't SUPER sparkly. Since I know nothing about pave or the quality of pave I am not sure if quality is the problem or if it's just because the diamonds are super tiny and/or I am not able to keep it clean enough to sparkle. While I love the proportions of the skinny band with my ring, it just doesn't stand up to my OEC. Going larger is not an option because the larger the eternity the more tinted it makes my OEC look. No likey! :nono:

2. so, is the A Jaffe quality pave okay, good, great? Would I do better with a LM String Theory band or Tiffany Metro? They are all pretty close in price.

3. I am also considering going with something with a little more texture and shape like a shared prong skinny band just for that scalloped edge interest. Yes? No? If so, do I just go with the Simon G. one at the jeweler or should I have ERD make me one with single cuts?

Here are some up close pics of the band. Can the pave experts weigh in on quality? Also, what do you call this kind of pave?

Thanks so much!
20140724_103044.jpg
20140724_103058.jpg
20140724_103113.jpg
20140724_103116.jpg
20140724_104813.jpg
20140724_104816.jpg

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Oops...I meant single prong, not shared prong eternity band...

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
I think it's beautiful. Can you post a pic of it with your engagement ring?

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
It is pretty...but I am not 100% happy and am running up against the return deadline. Trying to figure out if it's the particular band (quality) or just the nature of a skinny pave band. Need to decide. :confused:

Some pics of the set together.

20140708_181209.jpg
20140708_180427.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi OP :wavey:

Although the band is pretty, I think another style would be better suited for your ering. I love the look of scalloped rings, ones with "mixed shapes", and anything bezeled with old cuts.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
msop04|1406229541|3719937 said:
Hi OP :wavey:

Although the band is pretty, I think another style would be better suited for your ering. I love the look of scalloped rings, ones with "mixed shapes", and anything bezeled with old cuts.

Thanks msop! :wavey: I agree with you.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone who knows more about pave than me??? Help! ;( :saint:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pic of CharmyPoo's rings...
Hers seem to have an 'all diamond' look. Not sure whether this is because of the white metal. The stones used seem to be larger.
These are from LM and SK I believe.

_20621.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think that the band you got has too much metal and the stones are too small to stand up to your gorgeous ring. I agree that something with mixed shapes and a bit chunkier would be perfect!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Return it. It's not flattering to your set.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire and gypsy, I agree with both of you. It's a real challenge to find a band that works with a lower colored stone. I'm not a real antique girl so an engraved band is not an option. I really want something with diamonds, but they have to be small or the contrast with 3.55 is blech. But, a small band doesn't stand up. Will put my thinking cap on again.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how about colored stones?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I'd ask Steven Kirsch to make you a 3/4 eternity with lower colored single cuts in yellow gold.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1406241718|3720059 said:
Personally I'd ask Steven Kirsch to make you a 3/4 eternity with lower colored single cuts in yellow gold.

Do the lower colored single cuts really show up as lower color? I was under the impression (from threads I read a long time ago so my memory may not be the best) that when they are small they end up looking really white anyway. I would love to find out I'm wrong!

Also, Gypsy, may I pick your brain for a moment and ask why 3/4 eternity over full? Also, do you think SK would be better for a particular reason or could ERD do as good a job?

Thanks! :D

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Lookinagain|1406241533|3720053 said:
how about colored stones?
Hi! :wavey: Not really a colored stone girl...sorry...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No low coloured melee will not look "really white" especially in rose or yellow gold they will have more of a creamy colour. I'd suggest a band with lowered coloured stones if the colour difference bothers you or as the others have suggested one with some sort of pattern to break it up a bit. My stone also looks cool next to yellow, pink and champagne coloured diamonds.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1406243653|3720083 said:
No low coloured melee will not look "really white" especially in rose or yellow gold they will have more of a creamy colour. I'd suggest a band with lowered coloured stones if the colour difference bothers you or as the others have suggested one with some sort of pattern to break it up a bit. My stone also looks cool next to yellow, pink and champagne coloured diamonds.

Hi arkie! :wavey: Okay, that's good to know. I do like the pattern idea. I have 5 french cut stones (3mm each) and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. Maybe FC, OEC, FC, OEC, etc. etc. bezel, milgraine a la Singlestone. But, those are pretty white. Ugh. Dunno...will have to think on it!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
valmanin|1406253136|3720185 said:

Hi arkie! :wavey: Okay, that's good to know. I do like the pattern idea. I have 5 french cut stones (3mm each) and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. Maybe FC, OEC, FC, OEC, etc. etc. bezel, milgraine a la Singlestone. But, those are pretty white. Ugh. Dunno...will have to think on it!

Milgraine a la Singlestone! Now you're talking!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
valmanin|1406253136|3720185 said:

Milgraine a la Singlestone! Now you're talking!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results