shape
carat
color
clarity

Latest pawn shop find, Amethyst & Diamond ring.

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to keep posting random threads regarding my purchases of late, I don't show them all but I thought this was worth showing you. Its a 1960's piece that I picked up the other day for little money ( I thought it was a bargain ) the style caught my eye so I snapped it up. Due to this forum I have found myself getting braver by the day when buying coloured stone rings although still on the bottom rung of the ladder per say. Its 18ct gold set with 18 diamonds ( it is stamped 0.90 inside band ) but this is for the Amethyst as the diamonds look like 3 pointers. Lovely condition, all the stones damage free. Heres some pics. I also got them to throw in this Citrine pendant cheap just because I liked the way it was cut, which I am still learning about thanks to this forum and its fountain of knowledge I hope you like them, I do.

img_5239.jpg

img_5240.jpg

img_5241.jpg

img_5244.jpg

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
What a pretty ring! Good find.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the ring! Great find!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty. I wish I had a shop like that near me.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Nice find! I actually really like the citrine one! It looks like going into light speed in Star Wars. :wavey: Very cool!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
needfullshinythings|1406230124|3719942 said:
I also got them to throw in this Citrine pendant cheap just because I liked the way it was cut, which I am still learning about thanks to this forum and its fountain of knowledge.
For the uninitiated, the cutting style is called "concave cutting". You can see more examples of it over in the Colored Stones forum!

Cool pieces!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great finds! Congrats.
I especially love the citrine.

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Morning Jilly,Tyty,Rena,SirGuy,Freke & Acinom, Glad you like the pieces. Thank you Frekechild for the cut identification, its nice to have a fancy cut stone and a name to go with it purely for educational purposes. Thanks again Freke. Sirguy, I totally get your analogy regarding warp speed :lol: :lol: :lol: These fancy cuts certainly are alluring, I was not leaving it behind once I clapped eyes on it and I basically got the stone for free which also helps :dance: The ring was the main purchase but I now find the little " deal sweetener " getting all my attention, reminds me of the kid at xmas who plays with the box and ignores the toy. No more trips out till next week now, cant stop buying !!!

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Lovely find!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Nice!! =) Enjoy!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Puzzled by the 0.90 mark. Unless I am mistaken, 18-karat is usually marked .750 in Europe, meaning 75% pure gold.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I adore this ring. The "picture frame" around the amethyst is precious. I would have snapped it up too, budget allowing :)

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Hi NT,SKY. Boerum the 0.90 is for the Amethyst I think, it is stamped 18ct for gold content. There are 18 diamonds but they face up smaller than 5 pointers so I am assuming the 0.90 is Amethyst indicator. Just a misread that's all. Hi MoneyMeister, the ring will definitely be within your budget as I don't like to pay beyond a certain price and always try and incorporate a 2nd item into the deal as a sweetener. Lots of umming and aaarghing until the vendor comes down enough, then pull out a bundle of " cash " and watch there eyes light up. Sadly the places to buy from are not getting much new " old " stock in at the moment due to the gold boom ending, which has also led to an increase in prices for vintage/antique pieces. I don't like mentioning what I pay for items but I will tell you if that's ok this time, the 2 pieces came to about $ 350 or £200 English. Is that comparable with what you thought it cost or what you would have to pay where you are ? I thought I got a bargain but I'm interested what you would expect to pay :think:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both pieces are lovely and $350 is a very good deal!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing! I think you did very well on that pricing! :) I tend to have to shop very carefully, and like you, definitely set a limit. I adore pawn shops and second hand stores.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results