shape
carat
color
clarity

Rosebloom's second playdate at Croghan's!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Last week I stopped in at Croghan's Jewel Box in Charleston, SC. I visited them last summer as well. I took some pictures to share - mainly Single Stone eternities but also some other lovlies. I didn't write down stats on anything but if you have questions I'll try my best to remember. The SS pieces are just perfect in person (and priced accordingly!). They did have two SS bands on consignment for about half price each. One was the small size bezeled OECs in a 5.5 or 6 I believe. I think the other one was the gorgeous hex band that Yenny has (and that David Klass has made for a few people as well).

On to the pics!

_20579.jpg

_20580.jpg

_20581.jpg

_20582.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
More!

_20583.jpg

_20584.jpg

_20585.jpg

_20586.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great pics! :appl:

I'll take the large sapphire 3 stone ring, please. :cheeky:

chees--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I'll take the 5 stone AVC, LOL! :naughty:

Which one is the small bezeled OEC for consignment in the pics?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
And more!

_20587.jpg

_20588.jpg

_20589.jpg

_20590.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces - thanks for sharing with us!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
More!

_20591.jpg

_20592.jpg

_20593.jpg

_20594.jpg

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE all of this, but your sapphire 3-stone slays me! It's crazy gorgeous!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1406155565|3719388 said:
HI:

Great pics! :appl:

I'll take the large sapphire 3 stone ring, please. :cheeky:

chees--Sharon

Oh thank you! Last year when I visited Croghan's I was lightheaded from all the beauties and wanted to snatch up everything. This year I'm still so totally enamored with my new ring that I was better able to resist temptation. :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! What a fun place to play! I love the yellow gold pieces, as well as that ornate sapphire ring...really stunning!! Gah! I don't know how you manage to leave that place without a trinket stuffed into your pocket or something! I'd want to bring my sleeping bag and move in! I still think your 3 stone wins the prize though!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1406155797|3719393 said:
And I'll take the 5 stone AVC, LOL! :naughty:

Which one is the small bezeled OEC for consignment in the pics?

I'll totally trade you for your AVC. Five for one - quite a deal, no? :) your collection is beyond words amazing!!!

Here's the band on consignment. I forgot to post this one so thanks for asking!

_20595.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1406156094|3719401 said:

Absolutely my pleasure! I love seeing other people's "field reports" so I have to contribute my own too!

lorrissey said:

That makes my day!! I am ridiculously in love with it. For me, it's absolutely perfect. It is an incredible luxury to own a piece you think is perfect!
yennyfire said:
Wow! What a fun place to play! I love the yellow gold pieces, as well as that ornate sapphire ring...really stunning!! Gah! I don't know how you manage to leave that place without a trinket stuffed into your pocket or something! I'd want to bring my sleeping bag and move in! I still think your 3 stone wins the prize though!

Yenny - your ring is a celebrity there!!! I tried on the smaller OEC version of your oval halo beauty. I told them I had seen a lot of pictures of the first version of that ring with a large antique oval and that is was one of my favorite rings ever. They said others have mentioned your ring when looking at the OEC halo one! I was thinking it's probably DS or another PSer who's visited them. If you ever go there they'd spot your ring a mile away! :)

Forgot to mention - they said they're having a SS trunk show with Ari in October. Any of the locals up for going and taking a bunch of pics to share? Pretty please? :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went there in May and tried on some of the same rings! I have pictures, too, but I don't think I ever made a thread. They do have some really beautiful things, but prices are on the high side because of their location, I think. I considered going to the SS trunk show, but I think I have decided against it because SS prices are just too high at this point. Many of their pieces can be made elsewhere for much less.

Your own rings fit right in with the things in that shop! I'd say your sapphire ring and AVC ring would top most things in there!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
OH MY! What amazing sparklies :appl: I have to say your ring stands out the most, it's so beautiful :love:

I covet the YG bands and the gorgeous sapphire ring! And that three stone wedding band with the baguette border :naughty:

All beautiful, thanks for the blingfest :sun:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How cool to try on all those beauties, thank you for the virtual field trip! :appl:

Now, which ones did you like best with that gorgeous 3 stone of yours?!? B :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, thank you kindly Rosebloom. So beautiful. :love: :love: :love:
Looks like you had an amazing time and thank you for sharing some of that with us. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stuff, thank you for sharing!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I especially love the yellow gold pieces.

My parents live there but are so not into jewelry. I could never bribe them into going for me :(sad

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I love that ornate sapphire dinner ring. Oh, and any of the diamond bands. And the funky Art Deco emerald, sapphire, and diamond ring. And the sapphire and diamond eternity with your ring. And, and, and... :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rosebloom|1406157887|3719420 said:

Absolutely my pleasure! I love seeing other people's "field reports" so I have to contribute my own too!

lorrissey said:

That makes my day!! I am ridiculously in love with it. For me, it's absolutely perfect. It is an incredible luxury to own a piece you think is perfect!
yennyfire said:

Yenny - your ring is a celebrity there!!! I tried on the smaller OEC version of your oval halo beauty. I told them I had seen a lot of pictures of the first version of that ring with a large antique oval and that is was one of my favorite rings ever. They said others have mentioned your ring when looking at the OEC halo one! I was thinking it's probably DS or another PSer who's visited them. If you ever go there they'd spot your ring a mile away! :)

Forgot to mention - they said they're having a SS trunk show with Ari in October. Any of the locals up for going and taking a bunch of pics to share? Pretty please? :)
That's too funny!! Ari has said more than once that if I want to sell the oval, let him know, as there's a list of folks who want it....however, it's never leaving my grubby paws. I love it too much!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful, wonderful eye candy! Thank you! :love:

A few of those bands look awesome with your AVC band. ;-)

Cachette :))

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!! Thank you Rosebloom for a tour of such finery!! I love the sapphire 3 stone ring with the alternating band. :love: :love: Yes a bit busy but sooo fabulous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thanks for the eye candy :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1406206163|3719728 said:
Rosebloom|1406157887|3719420 said:

lorrissey said:

yennyfire said:

That's too funny!! Ari has said more than once that if I want to sell the oval, let him know, as there's a list of folks who want it....however, it's never leaving my grubby paws. I love it too much!

Yenny, this might sound weird but I think this ring could never look as good on anyone else as it does on you. It is truly your ring and is incredible in every way but especially on your lovely hand. Unique and beautiful just like you. :appl:
(Hope that doesn't embarrass you).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gazing at the jewels again from your trip Rosebloom and well this one is my favorite...so beautiful. :love:

favoritefromrosebloomcroghantrip.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1406162565|3719466 said:
I went there in May and tried on some of the same rings! I have pictures, too, but I don't think I ever made a thread. They do have some really beautiful things, but prices are on the high side because of their location, I think. I considered going to the SS trunk show, but I think I have decided against it because SS prices are just too high at this point. Many of their pieces can be made elsewhere for much less.

Your own rings fit right in with the things in that shop! I'd say your sapphire ring and AVC ring would top most things in there!

DS, if you have more pics easily accessible, you could add them to this thread. I'd love to see them! I completely agree that SS prices are too high. If I had a generous budget and was going for the perfect setting for my forever engagement ring I would certainly consider them. But for more occasional wear pieces I can't justify the premium.

Thank you for your kind words about my rings. But my goodness I can only image how awesome your AVR looked with all those beautiful bands! A match made in heaven! :love:

woofmama said:
OH MY! What amazing sparklies :appl: I have to say your ring stands out the most, it's so beautiful :love:

I covet the YG bands and the gorgeous sapphire ring! And that three stone wedding band with the baguette border :naughty:

All beautiful, thanks for the blingfest :sun:

I totally thought of you when I had that three stone with the baguette border on. It would be a great addition to your collection! :naughty: And you should totally get a hammered high karat gold round band to wear with your MRB five stone. That would be so beautiful. I was given this recommendation on a different thread - looks like a gorgeous lower price alternative:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/67867826/textured-gold-ring-full-round-textured?ref=shop_home_active_24

sarahb said:
How cool to try on all those beauties, thank you for the virtual field trip! :appl:

Now, which ones did you like best with that gorgeous 3 stone of yours?!? B :love:

Thank you! To be honest, I like my plain platinum band best. I'm sure eventually I'll be in the mood to shake it up (in which case I really liked the sweet sparkle of the pave band). But for now, I'm loving this simple look.

img_5281.jpg

img_5282.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
missy|1406194310|3719678 said:
Ooh, thank you kindly Rosebloom. So beautiful. :love: :love: :love:
Looks like you had an amazing time and thank you for sharing some of that with us. :appl:

I did have so much fun! My husband is so patient. Actually - even better than that - he's starting to really appreciate the beauty of high quality jewelry too. We had a great time.

lknvrb4 said:
Beautiful stuff, thank you for sharing!

My pleasure!

Logan Sapphire said:
So beautiful! I especially love the yellow gold pieces.

My parents live there but are so not into jewelry. I could never bribe them into going for me :(sad

Let me just say if my parents lived by Croghans I might find an excuse to go visit more often! :) Actually my parents do live near some amazing jewelry shopping and I do enjoy shopping whenever I visit them! I agree that the YG pieces are so gorgeous. It would be so fun to have a complete white metal set and then an alternate YG set. You know, when I win the lotto.

VirginiaZee said:
I love that ornate sapphire dinner ring. Oh, and any of the diamond bands. And the funky Art Deco emerald, sapphire, and diamond ring. And the sapphire and diamond eternity with your ring. And, and, and... :love:

You sound like me! I love it all too!!

Cachette said:
Wonderful, wonderful eye candy! Thank you! :love:

A few of those bands look awesome with your AVC band. ;-)

Cachette :))

I agree! :naughty: But I am seriously pushing the limit in terms of how much bling I can get away with wearing on a daily basis. As it is I'm now not wearing my five stone everyday. I have a pretty casual life most days and sometimes it all feels like too much. But I would really love two additional bands to pair with it at some point in the future. I think a baguette or french cut band and an OEC band. I'm probably just do five/seven stones because my fingers have enough padding that my rings don't spin. :D

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Rubies-R-Me|1406379915|3720955 said:
Oh my!!! Thank you Rosebloom for a tour of such finery!! I love the sapphire 3 stone ring with the alternating band. :love: :love: Yes a bit busy but sooo fabulous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I totally agree. My husband thought I was nuts but I'm thinking if I find a great deal on one someday when my bank account has recovered I might just go for it!

petrock<3 said:

Believe me, it was fun!

missy said:
Just gazing at the jewels again from your trip Rosebloom and well this one is my favorite...so beautiful. :love:

That one was just stunning in person. As always it is much more delicate than it appears in the pictures. And it's a fair price too I think. $4,140.

http://www.croghansjewelbox.com/collections/jewelry/products/estate-sapphire-and-diamond-ring

I think it would hold it's own with your Bea. :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1406471219|3721450 said:
Rubies-R-Me|1406379915|3720955 said:

I totally agree. My husband thought I was nuts but I'm thinking if I find a great deal on one someday when my bank account has recovered I might just go for it!

petrock<3 said:

Believe me, it was fun!

missy said:

That one was just stunning in person. As always it is much more delicate than it appears in the pictures. And it's a fair price too I think. $4,140.

http://www.croghansjewelbox.com/collections/jewelry/products/estate-sapphire-and-diamond-ring

I think it would hold it's own with your Bea.
:naughty:

Oh I have no doubt and I agree. That price seems very reasonable for such a gorgeous ring. But alas this is not the time...I would love it if a PSer (hint hint) took this beauty home though. :cheeky: ;))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still love the OEC bezeled eternity in medium or large... Amazingly beautiful and feminine showstopper.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results