shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: 2nd Round of CADs for Delicate Cushion Halo

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone. I just got my 2nd CADs back from ERD and would like your help/suggestions. To catch you up, the look I want is a split shank cushion shaped halo in platinum for a 1.42 ct. round brilliant diamond. Id' like it to be lower profile, sturdy, but also dainty. She wanted the diamond in the halo to sit fairly low. Since my girlfriend has a size 3.25 finger, I'd like the shanks to be thin. I would like a hidden diamond set on either side in the basket area.

Here is a link to my first CADs: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-cads-for-cushion-halo-with-split-shanks.203705/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-cads-for-cushion-halo-with-split-shanks.203705/[/URL]

The 4 things I requested after round 1 were: different pavé that is less gear-like, reduce metal around hidden stone and offer different look other than the swirls *I could get use to it, but would like to see other options), an image of the halo top down so I can see it's shape, and to gradually meld the two shanks together into one single band. I also asked to see the ring with halo on a 20 degree tilt. I

Here are the images I got back today:
rnrh1.jpg
rnrh2.jpg
rnrh3.jpg
____________________________________________________________________________________________
My initial feedback impressions on round 2:
1. It is nearly impossible to get a sense of the shape of the halo with these 3 CADs...still need a top down image of the halo...
2. I'd like for the split shanks to remain apart and gradually come together a bit further down before they connect into one. It seems that they did that well in the first CAD, but in melding the two into one one shank it looks a little to "Y-like." Maybe if they can start to connect around the 6th melee down?
3. I do like the pavé more though. Seems like less metal is showing and it's less bulky overall.
4. I can't tell if the halo has a 20 degree angle to it. Does it need more?
5. I am not sure what size melee is used here and the width of the shanks. I will find that out tomorrow, but I am more of a fan of this look with regards to the shape and width of the halo. It looks so delicate and think would be nice considering her 3.25 finger.
halo2.jpg
6. I can't recall the different shape options for inside the ring (rounded vs. flat?). This appears to be pretty drastically flat edged. Would you recommended a "tapered" option?
7. I'm not sure whats going on with the hidden stone. Looks to be colored in the CAD, but that is suppose to be a diamond.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and recommendations!!

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Diamonds by Lauren does this ring often and they do a fantastic job of it. They have many true to life pictures an tons of sold ones just like the one in your post. You can take a comparison look. They always do it low to the finger as well. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a link fancyintense?

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
FancyIntense|1406100712|3718883 said:
Diamonds by Lauren does this ring often and they do a fantastic job of it. They have many true to life pictures an tons of sold ones just like the one in your post. You can take a comparison look. They always do it low to the finger as well. :love:

Just browsed Diamonds by Lauren website and didn't see any inspiration photos that quite fit. Thank you though!

Any tips/suggestions/thoughts about the setting and comments I had made? Hoping to get back to ERD this afternoon with feedback so they can begin working on next CAD.

Appreciate everyones help so far in this process. Can't wait to post the final product.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
RockAndRoll2006|1406124532|3719032 said:
Just browsed Diamonds by Lauren website and didn't see any inspiration photos that quite fit.

This one looks similar.

Unfortunately, all of the DBL semimounts seem to carry a disclaimer stating that "This ring is only available with diamonds purchased from Diamonds by Lauren". :(sad

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Hi - You definitely need to ask for more pictures/angles to the CADs! Also, ask specifically about the size melee on the halo, split and shank. That will help determine how delicate it will be since it is hard with the CADs (and it can be compared to mine at minimum). Don't rush it because you don't want to make rash decisions just to get the ring done (which is hard, I know!) I agree with you that the split looks narrower than the first CAD and they need to fix that to be wider. If you have to go with the "double" shank to achieve that look, then you might have to consider that. The halo tilt should be 25% in my opinion. If you want to see a finished ring with similar pave/diamond size that they have done, I am sure they can send you a picture since they have done a ton of them. They post a ton on their facebook page. Did you pick your diamond? I might have missed a thread on that and I am excited to hear about it! I know the process is a bit frustrating, but patience will give you the best outcome!

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
Hi Tweeter, good to hear from you and thanks for checking in! So ERD got back to me today and said the melee size on the halo will be 1.1mm. He did not tell me the width on the shanks, but I'll ask again tomorrow. They also shared that the typical degree for the halo is 20-25 degrees (i'll recommend 25). I am trying to figure out some other possibilities for the gallery area, but it sounds like ERD is fresh out of ideas for how else to incorporate the hidden stone. If you or anyone else has any other recommendations, that would be great!

For the next update they will be shrinking the halo a bit more to make the setting as compact and thin as possible and will revise the split for me to make it a tad wider further down.

And yes, I did settle in on a diamond. I decided on a 1.427 I Vs2 from WF. It came to me today and looks beautiful. They were able to work with me quite a bit on the price (which I was really surprised about). Here is the link to the stone: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3096366.htm#

Also, once I get my 3rd CAD (and maybe 4th)...do I create a 3rd thread, or do people recommend I just keep this thread ongoing?

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the melee size isn't the problem. I agree with you about the gear-like pave.

I don't have any creative input beyond that right now. I'm fried.

Just take it slow. Have them incorporate the comments from this round, and then hopefully the next round will be closer and we can help you more then.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
If you are worried about the profile being too bulky, maybe you should consider the tiffany legacy profile. If you are not familiar with it, just go to the tiffany's website and search for Legacy. It is simple and dainty but has a hidden stone. Since you want a low profile, you would only have 2 melee I am guessing down each stem, which is what mine has too. It will add the element of interest you are looking for but still not overwhelm the overall ring design.

I personally would start a new thread if you want help on your new CADs when you get them. Just include links to your other threads if you reference them. I hope the next round is the last round!

Oh and the diamond sounds stunning and such a nice size!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results